Discuss Running coaxial cable from the loft to lounge in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

That's a very tough question to answer when you are the only one who's seen the house buddy!! I would have a good hunt around, there is usually a reasonable internal route somewhere. Airing cupboard etc.

Minimal damage wise I'd say go with running outside and popping back in the lounge

if there's stud walls you may be able to do some clever fishing then run under floors or there's the clip it around skirtings/doorframes/stairs method! Lol!

as FAA said, pretty hard to answer when you're the only one thats seen the property. usually a decent route internally though

No airing cupboard, It's a combi boiler. Most of the existing electrical bits are plastered over, but is it possible to run cable down the stairs under the floorboard?

Aren't you the guy who asked how to get into a loft through the hatch???

Yeah, but that's enlarged now! I don't remember being fully sober when asking that question either...

I've run an aerial coax from the loft to the lounge using the cavity in my sister old house, but that was years ago, and it was a nice straight route direct to where the aerial back box was to be positioned/used.

Just waiting now for all the plonkers that are going to come out and say you can't use the cavity because it causes damp etc!! lol!! ...It DOESN'T!!

Quickest way is outside, just drop it down to the room you want it in, but without knowing the house its impossible to say for certain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Running coaxial cable from the loft to lounge in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I have a coaxial wall plate that is hanging off the wall and needs replacing. How do I wire the old plate which has an IN and OUT for the...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Sorry for all the questions. With he help of a friend, I recently installed some insulation into my mother's loft. Whilst adding...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I have been out to quote for a soffit lighting job. I have done jobs like this many times but usually only installing lights in the top...
Replies
Views
Happy New Year all. Quick question regarding cable sizing. I have a 25m run from DB to car charging unit. The 25m run will mean approx 8m is run...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock