Discuss ruuning category 5e UTP patch cable 4 pairs 24 awg in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

newuser31555

Hello All,
I am in the middle of sorting my audio visual out including adding extra power sockets (7 in total = 3x2gang 1x1gang) which is fed a via plug and lead and adding a network cable to a non internet connected router. The network cable is a category 5e UTP patch cable 4 pairs 24 awg the router is a old dlink broadband router which has wifi. I have central server. the cable will be running throught a airing cupboard which houses a FM signal amplifer which is powered from 4 gang socket extension lead (13 amp fuse in the plug). My question is that could I run the category 5e UTP patch cable 4 pairs 24 awg next to the power supply (13 amp)? without any interference? The actual info was found on the network cable.

Hi,

Probably you could get away with it but the definitive answer is yes there will be interference.

There are restrictions to how close data cables and power cables can be to each other which BSEN50714 PT2 refers to.

Below is an extract

No containment Aluminum divider Steel divider

Unscreened power cable / and unscreened IT cable 200 mm 100 mm 50 mm
Unscreened power cable / and screened IT cable² 50 mm 20 mm 5 mm

I hope that helps.

Last edited:

Reply to ruuning category 5e UTP patch cable 4 pairs 24 awg in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock