Discuss Ryefield board in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hoping to install (if things get back to normalish) a Ryefield board on a job soon. Haven’t installed one before, according to the drawing from UKPN, the meters will be after the ryefield board - will the suppliers do their own tails into the ryefield board or will I have to supply that? Seems a bit of a grey area..

The DNO will give you a head and then that is it. Once the installation is complete then you can apply the the meters. All the Ryfield Board and sub-mains must be carried out by the electrical contractor.

The dno will request an isolator before the ryefield aswell, also there will be a pme link inside the ryefield (factory fitted ) this needs to be removed if there is to be pme at the head.

Ryefield board 20200113_173436 - EletriciansForums.net
Not the best picture, its installed in a dark basement with other scruffy services but anyway heres one I'm working on. The small enclosure above the Ryfield houses a SPD. Which is fused from the Ryfield unit. I'm going to add an indicator light to the passive relay on the SPD before its finished..
[automerge]1586209405[/automerge]
@sponge23
Check out page 14 for trunking and tail sizes.

Attachments

• UKPowerNetworks_Site-Information-Pack_V2Dec2017_FINAL.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
View attachment 57099
Not the best picture, its installed in a dark basement with other scruffy services but anyway heres one I'm working on. The small enclosure above the Ryfield houses a SPD. Which is fused from the Ryfield unit. I'm going to add an indicator light to the passive relay on the SPD before its finished..
[automerge]1586209405[/automerge]
@sponge23
Check out page 14 for trunking and tail sizes.
Thanks mate. Nice neat job that!

Reply to Ryefield board in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock