Discuss S plan plus UFH zone in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Y

yepyep

Hi all,I have to go look at a job, from what i understand, they have an S plan in, they have had an sunroom extension with UFH so this is to be controlled independantly of the HW/CH.
the plumber has a motorised valve at the boiler for the UFH zone which is pumped to the sunroom, there he has another pump to pump round the UFH zone, this pump apparently has a sensor so will only pump when it detects teperature in the pipes. there is also a room stat in the new sun room, so i think basically the room stat provides a switched live to the pump, which in turn will only run when it detects temp in the UFH zone, which in turn is supplied form the new motorised valve.
my question is does anyone know of any decent 3 zone time clocks, ideally not mechanical.
cheers

I would fit digital programmable stat on the under floor heating and leave the existing hw/ch programmer if there is one.

I'd discuss all of the options with the client to establish what would be best for them as the user of the system.

But then it has often been remarked that I'm a little bit mental and have some crazy ideas!

I'd discuss all of the options with the client to establish what would be best for them as the user of the system.

But then it has often been remarked that I'm a little bit mental and have some crazy ideas!

Always do and they do like a digital programmable stat on the ufh on these very basic systems.

But not sure the op understands how this works ?

So I'm out of here.

the UFH zone has been installed before i got involved with the job, no wiring has been taken from the new room back to the garage where the boiler is sited.
At present the UFH zone has a pump sited in the new room that is on a plug top.
the plumber has told me that the pump in the new room is operated by the room stat, so i presume the feed goes into the pump, up to the room stat then back to the pump, when the temp drops the stat will then call for the pump to spin, this will only spin if it detects a high enough temperature in the pipes,
So i need a 3 channel time clock as i'm going to wire it as per s plan plus, i cant see anyother way of doing it, with the way it has been installed?

the UFH zone has been installed before i got involved with the job, no wiring has been taken from the new room back to the garage where the boiler is sited.
At present the UFH zone has a pump sited in the new room that is on a plug top.
the plumber has told me that the pump in the new room is operated by the room stat, so i presume the feed goes into the pump, up to the room stat then back to the pump, when the temp drops the stat will then call for the pump to spin, this will only spin if it detects a high enough temperature in the pipes,
So i need a 3 channel time clock as i'm going to wire it as per s plan plus, i cant see anyother way of doing it, with the way it has been installed?

How exactly are you planning on integrating this new programmer in to the system?

Right, but how are you planning on integrating it in to the system? Will you be connecting it to the ufh stat, pump and valve? How will you fire the boiler? Have you considered the backfeeds that might occur?

You haven't mentioned how you will fire the boiler/operate the 2 port valve for the UFH or seem to have considered how the whole system works, take a step back and look at it logically, ask the client what it is they are trying to achieve then go from there, its straight forward enough but you seem to be concentrating on this 2nd pump and stat and nothing else.

Reply to S plan plus UFH zone in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net