Discuss s plan with underfloor without zone valve. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

j-lextricks

Evening all,

I'm in the midst of connecting above system, the plumber is adamant it will work without a 2 port but I'm struggling to make sense of it. I've got a system boiler with s plan and a single zone UFH manifold. Could anyone please give me some pointers re wiring without the back feed I'm experiencing at the moment from heating/DHW. I know a relay's an option....

Cheers. Joe.

Hi Bigspark, thanks for replies. I've got 2 2 ports controlling rads and DHW, but no valve for UFH. Wireless stats for both Rads and UFH.

You could do this if you use a UFH actuator with 4 wires rather than the usual two wires. They have a microswitch in them like the 2 Port valves. Usually you would always put a 2 port valve on the UFH (Especially a single zone as then you'd need no actuators).

If your using an ufh wiring centre then a 2 port valve is not required, when an ufh room stat calls for heat it will open an actuator, fire the ufh pump then using the volt free relay built into the wiring centre send a signal to the boiler, the boiler will only send heat to the ufh as the other zone valves are closed. When the ufh is not calling for heat the actuators will close down, the system should have an auto bypass installed to cope with pump overrun

Reply to s plan with underfloor without zone valve. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi does anyone have a S plan wiring diagram that incorporates a third zone to accommodate an underfloor heating system like polypipe? Would...
Replies
Views
(Or that might be should a failed HW valve keep boiler running) Woke up this morning to find the boiler still running even though all timers off...
Replies
Views
I've always thought I was quite good a wiring heating systems, I can do Y plan, S plan, UFH set ups, "normal" thermal stores etc, you name it and...
Replies
Views
For the past few years, I have used a hydronic system (outdoor wood boiler) with both high and low temp working simultaneously. The low temp...
Replies
Views
A combi is heating 5 ufh zones downstairs and 1 radiator zone upstairs. It has a two port valve for each. My question is, would you fit this with...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock