Discuss Safe isolation and part p assessment in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

MTI

Hi all, got my part p assessment coming up in a few weeks (bricking it!)
Please can anyone confirm if and what safe isolation devices I will need? I'm aware some say they must have unique keys but some for sale are code type locks and are not classed as being only accessible to the person who fitted them (anyone can guess code eventually 0-9 x 3 thumb dial type)

Your help is much appreciated! I just don't want to get pulled up on it.

Also looking to buy a meter seal tool and crimps if anyone can advise which are best or acceptable as there are many on the market but most I come across in Leeds are the flag ferrel type.

Cheers people!

Hi MTI, A lock uniquely keyed is required, warning labels and lock-out devices. I suggest you buy a Lock Out Kit from our sponsors Test-Meter, plus if you don't already have them, you will need a two pole approved voltage indicator and ideally a proving unit, these are also available from our sponsors. Don't forget to claim your discount mate.
Master Lock Lockout Kit For Isolating Electrical Circuits Safely

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, thanks for this info - most appreciated! I assumed it had to be a unique key but its just id seen some "17th edition" locking off kits that were code type from the like of kewtech etc. Ill take a look at their site now and cheers for the heads up on the discount.
Is it a must on the proving unit? i have tons of kit and can safely prove if somethings dead for the sake of the assessment. Im aware its more a case of proving our tools but i have several meters and are all digital too.

cracking start to the week though - i bagged a set of kewtech lightmates from my local for ÂŁ45 - cheapest online anywhere is about ÂŁ53-ÂŁ70! amazed!

you must be able to prove your tester is working before and after you prove dead. I have used both a proving unit and the incomming supply to the cu and its been fine both ways.

If its for a domestic scheme then you will only be showing domestic jobs so will only need mcb lock off's, i have never needed to fit them, just show i have them.

I would also not mention the meter sealing tool as we should not need one.

Reply to Safe isolation and part p assessment in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock