Discuss safety isolation locks? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sparkyork

hi all, ive been in me wholesalers today trying to get hold of a safety isolating locking device for main switches, mcb's etc. they can get em but only from mk in a pack of 10!! retailing at £6 each!

not off for the above option, but need one for next friday when i have me nic asssessment. any one got any ideas where i can get one from, or how to make one?

rich

Mcb locking devices can be got through any Merlin Gerin, Hager or other major "breaker" manufacturers wholesaler. If you need one fast give Controlgear Direct a ring in Scotland. If you speak nicely to them they will send you one of theirs out as a sample. They are good, they are free:D:D

cheers tony, i think my wholesaler just cant be ars*d messing about for something so small, might give eddies a ring in the morning and dare i say it cef as well, if all fails ill try this control gear direct place, what should i say to get a free one?? lol

rich

Give them some blurb about buying a good few, but you need to know if it will fit first.If they ask what make breaker it is, just invent one. There are loads of makes we come across and have never heard of, are there not ?

They advertised them as a free sample a few months ago, on the back cover of Professional Electrician. Just ring them, explain your situation, ask them to send you their latest literature and ask if they can send you a mcb lock off device as a sample. The worst they can do is say no.

Reply to safety isolation locks? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock