Discuss Samsung charging slow... and then not in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Matt

-
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Posting my question here as I did not find a strictly electronics section.

This is a question regarding charging a mobile phone.

I have a Samsung phone (Galaxy A10) and it is acting in a peculiar fashion. It has a real hard time charging when using the original charger and cable BUT will not have any problems with charging fast from a powerbank.

Any clue what might be causing this situation and how to solve it?

Cheers!

I have the same problem with my phone. This is resolved with buying a new lead. (The charger is fine)
As stated by @snowhead I'm presuming its down to the new lead has a better connection to the phone. You can tell when you plug it in.
Tighter fits are always better.......

Thanks for the replies,

Granted, the power bank has a built-in micro USB cable but would that make such a difference? I mean, is it because the core of the lead is shorter or thicker than a typical USB charging lead?

There is a twist - I tried swaping the leads and then connected the phone to an IKEA USB charger and... it still charges slowly.
The thing that bothers me is that up until recent the phone would charge much faster on its original charger, now it became very slow (not getting up to full battery even after a night on the charger) but still charges as usual on a power bank. Can it only be the cable?

Cheers!

For the sake of a couple of pounds I would get a lead and see if that sorts out the problem.
As your powerbank charges up your phone quickly and fully then that is the path I would take.

when phone is less active , has a chance to cool down.
(things get more confusing , installing updates -home wifi , vs using power bank anywhere ... )
Had a poorly app once(eating Battery), only got a decent charge with No comms in airplane mode !
--- Dodgy lead -as others have said , 1st port of call --

Reply to Samsung charging slow... and then not in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock