Discuss Sanyo Panels - worth the additional cost? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
The output of my Philadelphia mono cells falls off by circa 10% in continuous sunlight with little wind as the cell temperature rises.

Not many days like that according to my logs.

Sanyo HIT cells use a combination of monocrystalline and thin film and their power output increases slightly with temperature so approximately 10% more power during the maximum insolation times of a sunlit day.

The debate is whether a small overall increase in annual output, (perhaps 5%?) is worth the additional cost.

I've searched on BDPV for those with Sanyo and the two below have 2.1kWp.

The comparison graphs with mine below are normalised to 4kWp and adjusted for any orientation differences.

There will almost-certainly be differences in monthly insolation especially at further locations but the graphs show little difference in overall yield:-

34km from me.
BDPV - Fiche utilisateur - Guide du Photovoltaïque

99km from me
BDPV - Fiche utilisateur - Guide du Photovoltaïque

Sanyo Panels - worth the additional cost? sanyocompceebee - EletriciansForums.netSanyo Panels - worth the additional cost? sanyocompjohn - EletriciansForums.net

I just ran a comparison from the Aurora designer for Amerisolar 235 and Sanyo 240 and the difference in Inverter output predicted was 45 watts more for the Sanyo. The Sanyo Voc is higher which means you need a bigger inverter to cope with 12 panels so a 3000 OUTD against a 2500.
I have not done anything more scientific but so far I am not convinced. Would like to hear some expert opinions.

In the first week April 2010 I fitted cheap and cheerful Romag panels to my house to get my MCS approval.
They stayed up for about four months.
Later in 2010 I did a Sanyo project for a scientist. We had similar systems not far apart, similar roofs etc ...he phoned me every month to boast about his figures.
So I sold on the Romag system and have had Sanyo ever since. My Sanyo system outperformed my Romag results by over £40 a month !

If you said it was £30 a month that would be £9000 over the 25 year period plus the additional import savings from the extra solar hours and export.

Sanyo outperforms all competitors..... significantly.

We only fit Sanyo or Schott , Sanyo for performance and panel size and Schott for strength and ammonia or salt spray protection.

Sanyo outperforms all competitors..... significantly.

I'm a physicist.

Any of your installs on BDPV?

Care to register with BDPV yourself with your system details and performance figures?

BDPV - home - Guide for Photovoltaics

My comparison is with Philadelpha:-
Philadelphia Solar photovoltaic - Manufacturers of high quality solar photovoltaic modules, compare modules, solar panels, solar cells, PV panels, solar power France and Spain, solar energy Europe

Reply to Sanyo Panels - worth the additional cost? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock