Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Satellite TV in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ADZElectricals

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all, not sure if i'm posting in the right place but hey ho..

I currently live in a apartment block and have been unable to receive sky tv etc because the communal dish has been broke since we moved in

Last week some maintenace work was carried out to repair this
but as I don't really trust the owners of the building to have done this correctly I was wondering if anybody could tell me if there was any way of checking if i was receiving a signal throught the socket in my flat. I didn't want to ring Sky as they apparently charge for call outs if there is no signal.

Thanks.

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
N

Nenedata

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have you got a sky box or can you borrow one, as there is a signal strength bar that will show any signal being received. Press the services button then 4 and then 6.

Mark

M

musicmaster050

you can but cheap signal testers from the likes of screwfix or you could borrow a box from a friend or family

A

ADZElectricals

Thanks for the replies. I haven't got a sky box or know anyone who's willing to part with their's. I would be interested in purchasing a signal meter. I can only test the signal from inside and i can only find these meters that look like they test from the dish itself. I have also been told a Digisat Pro might work, any suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Nenedata

Problem with the cheaper signal units is they require a satellite receiver to be connected. Might be cheaper to buy a second hand sky box off ebay.

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to Satellite TV in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom