• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Save 50% on your electricity bill...? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Stu91

Trainee Access
Just seen this device being advertised...

www . powerfactorsaver . com

What do you think to it? Could it work?

Last edited by a moderator:

Stu91

Trainee Access
Is there a way to turn this into a poll? :tearsofjoy:
1. Genuine technological triumph
2. Shameless deplorable scam
3. Pizza.. Who doesn't love Pizza?

Archy Styrigg

Forum Mentor
"The systems also automatically remove carbon from the circuit which also encourages a smoother electrical flow."

+1 for convinced.

DPG

Respected Member
Power factor correction capacitors, as used in industrial applications for decades. I would have thought 40% savings in domestic use sounds very optimistic though.

And I'm going to ask them about how it removes carbon from your circuits!

Moley

Baaaa!!!
If it says it can remove carbon from the circuit then that's me convinced. I would imagine the wires pass through little sweeping brushes and finally a little rag to clean the carbon off the electricity as it passes through. That's the way I would do it. I wonder if you have to empty the carbon out every now and then?

Andy78

Respected Member
Think they've been successfully fleecing the Yanks for a while now with this one. I'm sure Big Clive has probably pulled one apart, there's not much he hasn't.

Wilko

Electrician's Arms
I'm in Love
IMG_1303.jpg
And so legally prohibited from signing a contract or voting.

Last edited:

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.