Discuss Say NO TO COLD CALLERS! (unwanted phone calls) in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Supporter
Reaction score
Cold Callers will often use ANY details they find on the internet to collate possible customers to call and try and sell their products to.

electriciansforums.net do NOT give out your details to anybody - ever!

If you're getting unwanted cold callers ringing your phone all day long then register your telephone number with TPS Registration (you can also register your fax number if you have one to stop junk fax's, and also your home / business address if you get junk mail).

After you register it may take a couple of weeks for your details to be filtered out of 'the system' but it will stop MOST unwanted calls. Any other calls you get after that you simply respond quickly with "do you know I'm registered with TPS?" and they quickly get off the phone as their company can face a heavy fine.

PLEASE PLEASE register your details with these services and stop unwanted spam, junk and calls!

And it goes without saying - if they're calling you selling it - you can probably get it cheaper if you shop yourself anyway so NEVER give them ANY business!

And whilst I'm on the subject - our FindTrustedTradesmen.co.uk website is free to use and register on. I've had reports from a few tradesmen that have had phone calls from companies posing as insert-very-similar-company-name-here trying to get a sum of cash from the said traders promising them ALL the business in their area as an exclusive trader in that area.

It's all a load of **** - don't ever pay for anything like that - even yellow pages and yell can often be a BIG waste of cash - get all the free listings under the sun but choose carefully where you actually pay for advertising!

this is probably a stupid question but would this affect calls from potential customers in any way.
i'm sick of bloody yell .com phoning me every few days
cheers

No it doesn't......cold callers shouls check on a regitser if your number is protevted by the tps....they don't ...but when you do get a cold caller ..simply mention you are registered witht he tps and they say sorry and hang up.....if you get chance request to have you nember withdrawn from their database.....then you won't be caled again...

I have been with tps for over a year now and the only cold callers are peeps who take you number from yor website or adverts on-line.....they sharp hang up when you mention the tps.

I agree I registered with the TPS royal mail etc to get the junk out of my life, it works all I get now is the mail and phone calls I want. Royal mail stop letters addressed to the occupier, the rest get return to sender.

On the odd occassion that I do get the cold call I obtain details of the company and the person speaking to. They never ring again.

Chris

Handy hint chaps,

If you are part of a scheme, then get them to remove your mobile number from the competent persons register on the website, and just leave your home number as the point of contact.

This used to happen to me but since i got my mobile number removed, never had a problem.

It might if the potential customer was a large company.

TPS and Corporate TPS are in place to stop companies phoning you to sell stuff (services, products etc) unless you have given them permission to do so. Always be carefull when signing up to things on-line and make sure you look closely at the tick boxes where you consent to allowing Company 'X' to contact you and share details with partner companies. Some of these will opt you into calls allowing cold calling companies to legitimately call.

If the company (no matter what size) is calling to request a service from you then TPS is not involved.

Ive signd up to all 3 and have fun making the caller squirm when they find out they are personally liable for the fine if levied :)

I agree I registered with the TPS royal mail etc to get the junk out of my life, it works all I get now is the mail and phone calls I want. Royal mail stop letters addressed to the occupier, the rest get return to sender.

On the odd occassion that I do get the cold call I obtain details of the company and the person speaking to. They never ring again.

Chris

How do you remove yourself from the junk mail bit with royal mail?

Just registered all the mobile number we use with them, thanks for the thread. I get so annoyd with cold callers.

Handy hint chaps,

If you are part of a scheme, then get them to remove your mobile number from the competent persons register on the website, and just leave your home number as the point of contact.

This used to happen to me but since i got my mobile number removed, never had a problem.

I don't give out my mobile number, except to my regular customers. I have a PERSONAL number listed on my site that doesn't take texts and costs me nothing to divert to my mobile

I have call blocking software on my mobile and this helps - when a cold caller gets through (I am on tps) they get hung up on and added to the blacklist

OMG THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..........!!! this is probably the best thing that i have read all day... Im so sick and tired of these guys calling me NON STOP!

Ive never been so angry in all my life..

27 calls in 3 hours on a normal day. Ive absolutely had enough!" Id never advertise with Yell.com, Thompson local, Qype and any of them that call me flat out in order to make a sale...

thank you...........!

If there was only some way of getting back at them.. Hmmmm any idea's?

Last edited by a moderator:
when i want a laugh i say funny you should call i was just thinking about placing an order ...... oh hang on a mo someone is at the door then leave em hanging

OMG THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..........!!! this is probably the best thing that i have read all day... Im so sick and tired of these guys calling me NON STOP!

Ive never been so angry in all my life..

27 calls in 3 hours on a normal day. Ive absolutely had enough!" Id never advertise with Yell.com, Thompson local, Qype and any of them that call me flat out in order to make a sale...

thank you...........!

If there was only some way of getting back at them.. Hmmmm any idea's?

Chris

If Royal Mail stop letters addresed to "the occupier" then part P documents from the scheam opperators wont get through as you dont put the persons name just the address!

I used to get 4 a day until one they asked to speak to ? ???????? (me) and I said hold on I will get him for you I then laid the phone down and waited for "the caller has cleared the line" message now I get one a week and yep they get the same treatment

how about just pick up the phone, and let them talking...without our listening. Well, i dont know. i think they have to do this to emmm, earn money, keep lives going on.

Reply to Say NO TO COLD CALLERS! (unwanted phone calls) in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock