Discuss Say NO TO COLD CALLERS! (unwanted phone calls) in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Really Dan!!!!

That was too helpful, else I was fed up with the minutes to minutes ringing of my cell, and after recieving them, the call were known to be the marketing ones which was very much annoying for me. These days these marketing call instead of helping the people with their businesses had become a major part of disturbances.

Remember if they call your mobile and leave their number then save it under Scam 1,2,3 ect and next time leave it to ring out then when it goes to answer they hang up plus 90% of my number withdrawn calls are scam the latest is I have been asked to call you from the police and the other 10% are people calling me from their work

I get 3-4 a day the majority Indian call centers from Dave and Janet I always say look your name is Sangi not David and I aint giving you anyinfo and I am taking part in a trial where I need to keep talking to you for at least 1 minute 20 seconds so that they can trace the call and foe some reason he hangs up.

I hate the automated call centres more. When companies use them its like saying your not even worth talking to

lmao !

Best thing to do is

- take thier company name
- Name of the person calling
- Company Address

Tell them that this call is recorded for training and legal reasons, also inform them that you charge £10 per minute for your time and ask them if they agree to the terms otherwise best to hang up.

If they agree then send them an invoice with the total that is owed to you.

Last edited:
Automated cold calls really F me off.

But the unautomated ones when the guy who's on the other end says his name is Steve White in the most jamaican accent ever genuinley make me laugh... a few offensive words and a hang-up always do the trick.

lmao !

Best thing to do is

- take thier company name
- Name of the person calling
- Company Address

Tell them that this call is recorded for training and legal reasons, also inform them that you charge £10 per minute for your time and ask them if they agree to the terms otherwise best to hang up.

If they agree then send them an invoice with the total that is owed to you.

Or you could blow a refs whistle down the phone.

lifesaver. the amount off cold calls on the house phone ruins my evening and weekend.... do these sales people never sleep???!!!

Thanks, definitely going to register for this! I get quite a few cold callers every day but even get quite a few that aren't from call centers and are like freelancers etc. Shame that this TPS service probably won't be able to stop them.

I remember an invention on dragons den a few years ago where you had a phone that only allowed approved number though and any new ones when into a queue and you could manually approve/decline them. Shame that it didn't take off (remember now that they didn't get funded because it was way overpriced the morons) but if it was launched I'd probably get it.

Reply to Say NO TO COLD CALLERS! (unwanted phone calls) in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock