Discuss SB4000TL G83 Application? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

itty

Hi guys - newbie here.

I have been installing since april and have some questions re TL's that I will post in separate threads. Sorry if topics are already covered but I cannot find definitive answers.

I am looking to install the SB4000TL for its 2 trackers. I spoke to the DNO yesterday, they advised that strictly speaking there should be a G83 application as it is not capped at 16A. I'm aware that these are commonly installed model, and would like to ask if anyone makes the application for them?

Thanks - itty

No - but im led to believe its Stage 2 - some DNO will accept if its been capped via the installers code from SMA -

Swap to power-one for duel MPP and 16A cap -

Ask the Dno to email the form to you and explain the figures etc or read the threads on this forum to give you a better idea, they are quite simple to do really we install a lot of 4000TL's and always make the application and have only had one rejected
The Dno engineer said we could only fit a 2.1kw system to which we explained that this was ridiculous by their rules when we can install a >3.68 system without previously applying, still not heard back from him yet!

I wonder where this puts you. If you've already applied and they have said 'no', can you go ahead and do a >3.68kWp system and inform them afterwards. I reckon the rules are on your side.

Ask the Dno to email the form to you and explain the figures etc or read the threads on this forum to give you a better idea, they are quite simple to do really we install a lot of 4000TL's and always make the application and have only had one rejected
The Dno engineer said we could only fit a 2.1kw system to which we explained that this was ridiculous by their rules when we can install a >3.68 system without previously applying, still not heard back from him yet!

When speaking to the DNO about it, I got the impression that the ones they would have problems with are the ones where there are a few installs already on the same street.

He did say that a lot of installers were not applying and were getting approved because the generator couldn't push more than 16A. But he said that if those installs started to give problems they would be decommissioned.

No problems with applying apart from the suggested 45 day wait. Think I'll take dansk's advice and consider power one. Come up against them a few times on quotes now and seem efficient at a reasonable price.

Thanks - itty

So far not had problems with Scottish Power, normally submit stage 2 application and have a verbal yes to proceed. Each DNO seems to be different, best thing is pick up the phone and ask nicely....

Reply to SB4000TL G83 Application? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net