Discuss scale drawing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Gktssm

Hi All,

My teacher gave me a home work of scale drawing, but i do not know of its ABC. Its a scale drawing using BS symbols. The question is, A room measuring 10m X 5m is shown below. And then at the end is written draw the outline to scale 1:50. I searched a lot, but no luck. Can anyone explain me in simple english how to draw the whole room on a A4 paper? What is 1:50?

Thanks in advance.

the room is 10m x 5m. he wants a drawing at 1:50, that means 1m or 1000mm is the 1000/50 = 20mm. so your 10m would be 200mm. likewise convert your 5m onto mm i.e 5000 so 5000/50 = 100mm so then your room on paper is 200mm x 100mm.

For every 50 units (be it cm, metres, kilometres,) etc you draw 1 unit
so if the wall is 150cm long, you draw your line as 3cm, 1500 wall- you would draw 30 cm line
understand?

You can get a ruler with a ratio on it, I use it with architects drawings on site.
where do you want the smoke alarm above a staircase where I can't get my ladder...I know a better place to put it..

Sorry please stop me

Reply to scale drawing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
I installed outdoor lighting and outlets. I finished this past year. I passed my inspection on April 2022. I was so pleased, BUT now the circuit...
Replies
Views
Is there a room in professional PAT testing for a business model other than 'per unit'? I ask because I've been giving this some thought. I've...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, I am not sure of the etiquette here on the forum, but I would like to start by extending warm greetings to everyone in the house...
Replies
Views
I am fitting a Heat only boiler that just serves the radiator circuit, the boiler has its own dedicated block terminal connector on the PCB but I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock