Discuss Scam warning in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest111

Trading Standards would like to warn motorists of a roadside scam reported to Cheshire Police.
Drivers have been flagged down by men from a supposedly broken down car. They have either asked the victims for cash so that they can buy fuel or pay for taxi fare. The males have also offered jewellery in exchange for cash.
The men operating this scam have been working in groups and appear to be targeting lone female drivers. The incidents have been reported nationally, taking place in towns and rural areas as well as motorway service stations.
Please be wary of anyone flagging you down under suspicious circumstances.
If you see anyone acting suspiciously or you believe you have been a victim of this scam please contact Cheshire Police on 101. In an emergency or where there is a crime in progress please ring 999.
Please pass this information to family members, friends, neighbours and anyone you think maybe vulnerable.

I'd be really surprised to see a traffice police officer these days - I was under the impression that they are an endangered species!

just got this on facebook:

WARNING FROM POLICE
THIS APPLIES TO BOTH WOMEN AND MEN

BEWARE OF PAPER ON THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE -- A NEW WAY TO DO CAR-JACKINGS (NOT A JOKE)!

Heads up everyone! Please, keep this circulating... You walk across the car park, unlock your car and get inside. You start the engine put it into reverse.

When you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you stop and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view.

When you reach the back of your car, that is when the car-jackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off.

They practically run you over as they speed off in your car.

And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car.

So now the car-jacker has your car, your home address, your money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are now compromised!

BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.

If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, lock your doors and just drive away!!

Remove the paper later. And be thankful that youread this e-mail.. I hope you will forward this to friends and family, especially to women.

A purse contains all kinds of personal information and identification documents, and you certainly do NOT want this to fall into the wrong hands.

Please tell your friends

Trading Standards would like to warn motorists of a roadside scam reported to Cheshire Police.
Drivers have been flagged down by men from a supposedly broken down car. They have either asked the victims for cash so that they can buy fuel or pay for taxi fare. The males have also offered jewellery in exchange for cash.
The men operating this scam have been working in groups and appear to be targeting lone female drivers. The incidents have been reported nationally, taking place in towns and rural areas as well as motorway service stations.
Please be wary of anyone flagging you down under suspicious circumstances.
If you see anyone acting suspiciously or you believe you have been a victim of this scam please contact Cheshire Police on 101. In an emergency or where there is a crime in progress please ring 999.
Please pass this information to family members, friends, neighbours and anyone you think maybe vulnerable.

had exactly the same here about 2 years ago, was Romanian Gangs......there were a lot of break ins to vans and cars as well with things stolen, and a few cars went missing too, with one found 100 miles away wrapped around a streetlight in the middle of a roundabout...they jewelery thing was mentioned as well....

just got this on facebook:

WARNING FROM POLICE
THIS APPLIES TO BOTH WOMEN AND MEN

BEWARE OF PAPER ON THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE -- A NEW WAY TO DO CAR-JACKINGS (NOT A JOKE)!

Heads up everyone! Please, keep this circulating... You walk across the car park, unlock your car and get inside. You start the engine put it into reverse.

When you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you stop and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view.

When you reach the back of your car, that is when the car-jackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off.

They practically run you over as they speed off in your car.

And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car.

So now the car-jacker has your car, your home address, your money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are now compromised!

BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.

If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, lock your doors and just drive away!!

Remove the paper later. And be thankful that youread this e-mail.. I hope you will forward this to friends and family, especially to women.

A purse contains all kinds of personal information and identification documents, and you certainly do NOT want this to fall into the wrong hands.

Please tell your friends

I have a friend with access to a lorry with a Giant Electromagnet on it.....works on the move.....I would like to pull up side them and lift them and the stolen motor right off the road......you may need a new paint job though...straight onto the back of the lorry then chop the wiring so they can't unlock it and get out...until the police put the window in and pull them out...

Just a warning I have also heard of this same method being used but instead of a broken down car, there is a baby carrier thing (looks like a car seat with a handle) with a fake baby in. From far away it looks like a real baby so the victim stops and gets out which is when the thieves appear.

had exactly the same here about 2 years ago, was Romanian Gangs......there were a lot of break ins to vans and cars as well with things stolen, and a few cars went missing too, with one found 100 miles away wrapped around a streetlight in the middle of a roundabout...they jewelery thing was mentioned as well....

grantr37 - just something to mention, they were gypsies or romanis, I'm from Romania and proud to say that but the thing is many are confusing romani peoples (gypsies) with Romanian peoples :( there were confusions on BBC 3 Counties radio as well.

my country, like every country, including this one has loads of them but that doesn't mean we have to think at Romanian peoples when we hear something about gypsies or romani :)

Reminds of this recent event...
BBC News - Two die as stolen car crashes in Salford

Oh dear, what a shame!

That's two less scumbags that can breed.

I fail to understand the lack of sympathy you are showing
The bodies are unrecognisable
All my sympathies must go to the families in this tragic event
If the culprits had snuffed it and stayed in one piece,the insurance claim may have been more straightforward for the six families who now have cars to repair

grantr37 - just something to mention, they were gypsies or romanis, I'm from Romania and proud to say that but the thing is many are confusing romani peoples (gypsies) with Romanian peoples :( there were confusions on BBC 3 Counties radio as well.

my country, like every country, including this one has loads of them but that doesn't mean we have to think at Romanian peoples when we hear something about gypsies or romani :)
OK so the good people of romania dont steal eh? well that must be worrying news to many a police force around the country,Its common knowledge that a lot of the pickpocket gangs which operate in the uk many of which use children to carry out the thefts are from romania.I appreciate you may not be one of these people but please credit me with some intelligence and dont pretend there are no criminals from romania

phil , you are right , there are people from Romania ( gypsies or not ) . But , not only from Romania ... people have different ways to steal .. pickpocket, begging, lying, scamming ... but they are from everywhere , Romania , Poland, Spain, Bulgaria ... Europe, Africa, Asia ... even English people steal . Non of them have the right to do that . I'm from Romania , i lived in England since 2006 . I feel your frustration, and I hope you understand our frustration ,because this stereotype .

Your the horse loving nation ?

Reply to Scam warning in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net