Discuss Scantronic 9448+ Style burglar alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

Luchador

Hi guys,

I'm just after a wee bit of help if at all possible.

Regarding the Scantronic 9448+ Style burglar alarm - I'm trying to add a door contact in a shed to an already functioning home burglar alarm. I've managed to download the installation manual from the internet (attached) View attachment 9448_engineer_installation_manual.pdfbut even with it i'm not sure exactly how it's meant to be wired. I don't often do alarms and the ones I do tend to be Texecom. I was just wondering if anyone might be able to advise how the door contact should be wired? Thanks.

havebreak the global tamper and wire the tamper pair in series, just like you would in a texecom. if you ain't got a spare zone, wire in series with another door contact zone you got a spare zone in the panel. if so, just wire the contact pair to the zone, and

havebreak the global tamper and wire the tamper pair in series, just like you would in a texecom. if you ain't got a spare zone, wire in series with another door contact zone you got a spare zone in the panel. if so, just wire the contact pair to the zone, and

Thanks telectrix. What came after and? :)

Thanks telectrix. What came after and? :)

Hold on if you have done Texcom alarms well Scantronic is not any different ???????? First check if you have a spare zone run a 4 core to Between the door contact and panel connect your circuit the the contact then link out the tamper circuit now test it ie open door and close you will get a short on your multimeter. The only thing is the door in question is it part of the access route or just another zone to be monitored

PS you are also in the wrong section

Right, I must be very much out of practise! I've wired the door contact into it's own zone (2 wires) and linked it into the global tamper but sadly the alarm isn't sounding when the door contact is activated. Does the extra zone have to be programmed in first at the keypad?

First of all detail detail detail or in other words what zone number are you trying to connect to and yes it may be programmed to be omitted but as I said test the door contact back at the panel ie set your multimeter to ohms you should get 2-6 ohms when you do that set it to bleep and that way you can stand at the door opening and shutting it with the audible bleep Now befor you connect it to the zone if you are not sure it is active then say its zone 6 remove the link dont connect the door in yet then put the panel lid back on reset then try a set if zone 6 alerts then you will know the zone is active and now that you have checked this you can connect the tested and working door contact. But remember this if the door is on the access route the alarm will not work as the panel has not been programmed to see this zone as a access or entry zone

Dont take this tye wrong way but a guy who called me out years ago could not understand why the alarm he wired was not working I traced it to him leaving in the link of the zone in when he connected it up

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all detail detail detail or in other words what zone number are you trying to connect to and yes it may be programmed to be omitted but as I said test the door contact back at the panel ie set your multimeter to ohms you should get 2-6 ohms when you do that set it to bleep and that way you can stand at the door opening and shutting it with the audible bleep Now befor you connect it to the zone if you are not sure it is active then say its zone 6 remove the link dont connect the door in yet then put the panel lid back on reset then try a set if zone 6 alerts then you will know the zone is active and now that you have checked this you can connect the tested and working door contact. But remember this if the door is on the access route the alarm will not work as the panel has not been programmed to see this zone as a access or entry zone

Dont take this tye wrong way but a guy who called me out years ago could not understand why the alarm he wired was not working I traced it to him leaving in the link of the zone in when he connected it up

The unused zones on the board don't have a link across them oldtimer but the alarm still works fine. I'll try to carry out the tests you suggested and hopefully that'll do the trick. One final question (for now!): How do you get it to give an audible beep? Sorry for all the questions. It's been a while since i've done any alarm work.

The unused zones on the board don't have a link across them oldtimer but the alarm still works fine. I'll try to carry out the tests you suggested and hopefully that'll do the trick. One final question (for now!): How do you get it to give an audible beep? Sorry for all the questions. It's been a while since i've done any alarm work.

i think he means set meter to ohms/beep

If no links then Zones will have been omitted, otherwise panel would show them as active, reprogram the zone that you intend to use

I always link out the spare zones instead of trying to programme them out of use as it only causes all of the above years ago panel came with links in them now I just fit the links test the panel as you do then connect in the circuits or zones one at a time in other words be methodical and save hassle later

Reply to Scantronic 9448+ Style burglar alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock