Discuss Scantronic Battery Fault in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DanBrown

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi guys,,
i have a job to find a ''battery fault'' on an old scantronic alarm system, and with no alarm knowledge what-so-ever, i could do with any information you guys have..
With it having the ''battery fault'' on the display, makes it easier - as it obviously says fit a new battery to me.., but info and any tips would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks..
:)

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
G

Guest123

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Dan.

I think you've answered your querey already, battery fault = change battery, job done.

You might want to check all battery connections both at battery and PCB to make sure that the problem isn't a bad connection and also measure voltage at terminals on PCB to make sure the panel isn't frying the battery thrugh a faulty rectifier.

Cheers.

D

DanBrown

What is the correct procedure to fitting a new battery? obviously i dont want to kill the 230v mains supply, as i'll loose all programming as ther's no backup battery...
Also, i take it there will be a tamper on the control panel, so what do i expect?, all sirens? what.. What about access codes to shut it up, or put it into engineers mode?.

Thanks...

G

Guest123

Hey mate.

My knowledge on this particular make is limited.

Access codes are unique to every panel theres no way of telling what they are.

The customer should know the code for arming/disarming the alarm, once it is disarmed you should be able to take the cover off with setting the siren off, although the older scantronics didn't work like that, they set the siren off even when disarmed when you removed the cover.

Even if this does happen punching in the code again should stop it.

Once your in you should be able to swap batterries no problem, after you've taken the old one out test the battery terminals before putting the new one in to make sure that isn't the cause of the battery fault.

After fitting the new one you may need to reset the system before it acknowledges the new battery, with the code punched in you should have access to all the user/engineer menu's to enable you to do this.

Hope this helps.

M

MA1972

O enter(arrow) 7890 , will put the alarm into engineers mode on the later scantronics , then 99 enter to leave .

G

Guest123

Well done that man.:D

D

DanBrown

Thanks Guys.. Thats just what i wanted, and thats what makes this site popular..
Great advice for those in-experienced people..
Thanks

im sure i had this problem a few years ago those codes sound right but depends if the engineer codes were changed at install. i think theres something to do with shorting out jumper pins to reset to factory settings if neccessary. you can register online to download manuals but icant remember where , sorry.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Scantronic Battery Fault in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom