Discuss Scantronic I-ON16 Wireless Alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

TPES

Has anyone installed this or know much about the system?

Click here I-ON to check the system out.

I have read a number of reviews on the internet that rate this system very highly, and is the latest it top spec wireless proffesional alarms.

Checking at my local wholsalers this system is very expensive and then when adding your labour to install seems to be a very high price for the customer to be paying.

Has anyone installed this before and what is being charged to the customer??

Im very interested in starting offering this system as one of my options but not sure if the end user will pay the total price for the kit to be installed.

Prob best for now to carry on installing hard wired systems at the affordable price.

What do you think?

As wireless systems are still a fairly new product the price will be more expensive than a wired one.

Plus the fact, its wireless, so there is no redecorating to do, quicker to install etc, so where labour cost is saved, its put back onto the alarm system.

Make sense?:D

Heard different reviews about wireless alarms, some say they are really good while others don't trust them because they say that there is too much interference with the frequency of other wireless devices. Don't know how true this is?

I would suppose it would depend on the quality of the unit as all the manufacturers state that their units are at a completely different frequency to anything else?

A common supplier for wireless alarms are ESP and on a positive note if you did install one of these types of wireless kit (apart from the easier install) is that you can usually add bits on at a later date, for example extra senors, control pads etc.

ESP Elite Security Products - Electronics Line UK Ltd. UK based manufacturer of electronic security and CCTV products.

I was looking at one of ESP's alarms once for a customer that had lots of cats because ESP alarms provide some pet sensors as an option so the alarm doesn't keep going off. :)

I have a wireless alarm system I bought when I was in France. The motion sensor does not detect pets and works fine. I bought it from alarmania . It is this model:
Scantronic I-ON16 Wireless Alarm {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Also, I need to buy open door detector. I am searching a shop which sells accessories for wireless alarm system.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
a cost effective systerm is the risco 595. complete kit is £220 + vat inc. 6 wireless detectors. ext. sounder and keypad are hared wired. i've fitted several and had no problems.

[MENTION][/MENTION]
The scantronic I-on is a good kit, but you do pay for it plus it comes with a wired keypad not wireless, I've been using Visonic's kit its really easy to fit all the detectors are pre-programmed it took me a about 2 hours to do my first one, I've fitted a few now had no real problems Visonic Powermax Complete Wireless Intruder Kit c/w Speech Dialler

All> I have recently installed a wireless ion-16 alarm system. I have brought and tried to set up a two way fob. Here's the problem:

1. I want to leave the house, drive the car out of the garage (wireless PIR protected), close the door and set the alarm with the fob to 'full set' - I am able to do this successfully!

2. I want to unset the alarm with the fob, open the garage door and park the car, close the garage door and enter the house. When I enter the garage the alarm goes off!!!

3. I tried parking outside the garage door, unset the alarm with the fob and open my front door - the alarm triggers and I can unset the alarm from the fob.

4. Why can't I unset the alarm, from the fob without entering the garage or the house - just as I can set the alarm, having left the house and driven the car out having locked the garage door?

Please can anyone inform me of a solution to this problem - thank you!!

Preferences

§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences

Reply to Scantronic I-ON16 Wireless Alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock