Discuss Scantronic9448+ home alarm engineer codes in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Billybalata

Hi.........i(foolishly)turned my 9448+ alarm off at the mains about 2 years ago because the cat kept tripping it when it was set.

Now the cat sadly is no more(R.I.P),but on resetting the circuit breaker all is dead........a quick look in the circuit box and i find a large battery cell which i suspect is dead.

Curiously enough the circuit box is marked 9448+.........whilst the separate control panel is marked 9427..........i estimate the alarm to be 7 years old(when the house was built)

I have no manual for this alarm and no test equipment..........i was an avionics techie in the RAF 20 years ago,and whilst competent not to blow myself up i am hardly current.

My questions are

1:is it likely to be a dead battery?

2:if so will i need engineers codes when i replace the battery?

3;if so does anybody no the codes and sequences?

Many thanks in advance Bill

Is there a supply? If not check fuses, mains and internal. Engineers code (default) 7890, if I remember correctly. It may not have been altered. Try it (and replace the battery).

open lid,power system up,enter your user code to silence,replace battery(2.1ah long thin one) close lid,and reset,should be it,unless its crashed and will need reproging,tho should be ok,scanny are decent panels

Agree AM. Good panels. Found problems with a 500r with interference from wireless computers though. Changed the frequency on later models, I found. Costs a fortune for replacement detectors.

Next doors alarm is a XXXX could you give me the engineering code please.

Regards
Burglar Bill

This panel has a NVM memory so it may still have your old user code as for the engineers forget that just now open the panel and check the battery size then go get a new one and if you buy it from screwflux or an electrical wholesaler then take the old one with you and they will dispose of it properly do not throw it in the bin. Once you have replaced the battery you will get a tamper alarm because you have the lid off put in your code to silence it and if it does not work then use 1234. connect battery and put the lid on then enter code to reset the tamper fault. Now check it out for operation ie one thing at a time

Last edited by a moderator:
Next doors alarm is a XXXX could you give me the engineering code please.

Regards
Burglar Bill

to be fair tony,the engineer code will not unset an alarm system,it only gives access to programming it,if the system isnt maintained by an alarm company they dont have the right to lock the customer out of programming his own system if thats what he wants to do.

to be fair tony,the engineer code will not unset an alarm system,it only gives access to programming it,if the system isnt maintained by an alarm company they dont have the right to lock the customer out of programming his own system if thats what he wants to do.

Agreed hence why I said forget the engineers code he needs to see if it is working but to be honest he would be better getting someone in as he needs to take it in steps and as I have found out it can end in tears

The OP said the panel is 'dead'. Before anything, is the mains led 'lit'?
Not been back, so may have solved the prob.

I know this is old now, but engineer's codes were changed in 2005. It used to be 7890

Reply to Scantronic9448+ home alarm engineer codes in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock