Discuss schedule of inspections/supplementary bonding in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pushrod

On page 3 of schedule of inspections (where you put a tick, X or N/A in the boxes), presence of supplementary bonding conductors appears twice - once in fault protection 1) automatic disconnection of supply and again near the bottom of the page under Additional protection. Have looked in the OSG but still unsure as to the differences between the two.

Can anyone explain the differences between the two and give any examples as to when the supplementary bonding means you tick one box and not the other.:confused:
Cheers

for the first one, this is basically earthing that is required to achieve automatic disconection of supply (i.e bonds to exposed conductive parts)

for additional protection, these are put in place when the disconnection time cannot be achieved... for example, you would install extra Supplementary bonds to pipework in a bathroom if the resistance between a CPC in the bathroom light fitting or shower circuit is greater than 1667 ohms to the pipework.

for the first one, this is basically earthing that is required to achieve automatic disconection of supply (i.e bonds to exposed conductive parts)

for additional protection, these are put in place when the disconnection time cannot be achieved... for example, you would install extra Supplementary bonds to pipework in a bathroom if the resistance between a CPC in the bathroom light fitting or shower circuit is greater than 1667 ohms to the pipework.

Thanks for the reply

So would bonding to a metal back box from a metal socket front would be supplementary bonding to achieve fault protection, ADS ??

And additional protection supplementary bonding is extra bonding between pipework (extraneous conductors) to ensure they are all part of the equi-potential zone and that disconnection times are met???

am i on the right track? must admit to still being unsure.

Reply to schedule of inspections/supplementary bonding in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net