Discuss Scheme Logos on work uniform. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

AJshep

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just interested to know the opinions of members here.
How do you guys and girls feel about Scheme Logos on work T-shirts. I'm noticing more and more people rocking up at the wholesalers counter with the scheme logos on their T-shirts, (NICEIC in particular).
Personally when I see these people I automatically assume they are just Domestic Installers, of course it could be me just stereotyping.
I'm more interested in what do you guys and girls do ?
Does this generate more work, do those that wear scheme logos on work wear find that it generates more work and do they find it reassuring for the customer.

I personally hate being a walking advertisement for anyone especially someone like the NICEIC who I have no respect for, what's everyone's opinion on this ?

Just interested to know the opinions of members here.
How do you guys and girls feel about Scheme Logos on work T-shirts. I'm noticing more and more people rocking up at the wholesalers counter with the scheme logos on their T-shirts, (NICEIC in particular).
Personally when I see these people I automatically assume they are just Domestic Installers, of course it could be me just stereotyping.
I'm more interested in what do you guys and girls do ?
Does this generate more work, do those that wear scheme logos on work wear find that it generates more work and do they find it reassuring for the customer.

I personally hate being a walking advertisement for anyone especially someone like the NICEIC who I have no respect for, what's everyone's opinion on this ?
If they are selling these Tees at the Wholesalers, does that mean any sparky could buy them, Scheme member or not?

If they are selling these Tees at the Wholesalers, does that mean any sparky could buy them, Scheme member or not?
I don’t think they have been sold at wholesalers Pete it’s more observed in the wholesalers that more people are getting scheme logos put onto their own company shirts.

Appologizes Pete, I have a tendency of not making my posts very clear.

What I was meant was when I'm standing at the counter in my local wholesalers, I noticed that 9 out of 10 times the person next to me has got NICEIC plastered all over his T-shirt. I didn't mean the wholesalers were selling them.

I think they might be purchased through the schemes, NICEIC might be recommended their members wear them ? I know they have a bit of reputation for strongly recommending their members use their test forms etc.

I think that this is to target possible domestic customers and some commercial customers alike who are under the false impression that the Nic Eic are “God’s” due to it being a household name these days.

Yeah i suspect your right !
I'm sure it's not a new thing, I'm probably just recognising it more now.
Even some of those YouTube hero's wear them :)

When I look at jobs I just take a double sided card holder clipped to binding of my notepad, it has my NAPIT card on one side, the other has my JIB card.
I feel like a numpty wearing it on a long cord dangling from my neck, I've never been asked but at least if they do ask they can check out who I am right away. :)

Last edited:
Hum.... People may think that having a scheme logo may win them business ... I suspect in the vast amount of visits this has very little bearing on the decision who to use

Having heard some of the dumb requests in wholesalers from people wearing scam logos on their workwear it doesnt bother me in the slightest.

I don't see what the problem is.
There's no problem, I'm just curious if this is something I should be looking into as I'm a newbie to this self-employed malarkey.
From a customers point of view, taking recommendations and reputation out of the equation both contractors offer the same price..

If Peter turns up to price for a job in a New VW with full Van wrap and NICEIC logos over the place do you think in general he is more likely to get the job over Paul who turns up in a White Transit and no branding ?

Obviously in an ideal world the customer would hopefully choose the person who has reccomendations and good reviews etc.

I've always been against advertising large logos on any kind of clothing but the post was created really because in the future is this something I, or anyone else who has a new company should be looking into.

Reply to Scheme Logos on work uniform. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock