Discuss schemes in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest111

Recently there's been a lot of talk about scheme registration,and the need to be a scheme member to do part P work,now while a lot of sparks disagree with the way that the schemes infer that the only sparks that do a good job are scheme members,which incidentally we know not to be the case as there are a lot of good sparks who are not in a scheme this set me thinking.Now a lot of us have said that because these schemes rely on their members fees for their existance then they cannot be truly impartial,hence the call for 1 truly independant body to both represent and police the industry.Well this got me thinking,as personally I've never known anyone get removed from a scheme for shoddy work,neither incidentally has anyone I've spoken too.With this in mind I e mailed the NICEIC and asked them if they could quote any figures for members who have been removed,lets face it there must be some surely?
I await their response with bated breath,and will of course let you all know.

They'll be the odd ones that have ended up in court over shyte. But, as the schmes are money grabbing -----'s they'd rather slap wrist's/make phone calls than stop memberships.

I'll be very suprised if the number, if legit, is into double figures.

They'll be the odd ones that have ended up in court over shyte. But, as the schemes are money grabbing -----'s they'd rather slap wrist's/make phone calls than stop memberships.

I'll be very surprised if the number, if legit, is into double figures.
I'll be surprised if they actually reply.lol

Is it not on the NICEIC Roll of Contractors?
I seem to remember the Roll (years ago) showing names that were no longer approved, because of eg rule 8, rule 91 etc etc.etc.

Boydy

The number is 72 people booted out of NICEIC and Elecsa who boast 36,000 members. A grand sum of 0.2% of their membership!

These figures are straight from the horse's mouth!

I think they said how many members had been excluded at the parliamentary sessions, I cannot remember the number but it was low.
However they did not give reasons, e.g. not using the correct logo, not paying in time vs poor workmanship.

I think they said how many members had been excluded at the parliamentary sessions, I cannot remember the number but it was low.
However they did not give reasons, e.g. not using the correct logo, not paying in time vs poor workmanship.

I bet it was 71 misuse of logo

and the other one fed a factory with a bit of 1.0mm2 and it caught fire. Reprimanded, but did it again. 5 times.

Reply to schemes in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net