Discuss Schneider Domestic boards... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

DNS1

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Anyone got any opinions on the above?

Not used them before, but they seem pretty cheap in comparison to equivalent MK/Crabtree etc.

Cheers...

Found a couple of threads about them now, think I'll give them a miss and stick to paying a bit more for better stuff.

Iv just had 3 fitted in my house (conversion from a pub), I supplied them my electrician was very impressed wasn't a brand he normally used.
Only the bottom one is currently live supplying power to the flat above where I'm living.

Here is the pics

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374345043.400236.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374345229.605784.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374345290.240650.jpg

He's due back many many many more times, he's working around me.
Nothing is finished there its a sort of temporary arrangement to keep the flat running

I use them quite a lot and I find them to be very good boards. They are a bit tight in terms of space to terminate into the MCB's but if you plan where you put your cables first then you won't have too many issues.

Thought I'd update the thread and be helpful (ish!) to others in future!

Bought one of the Schneider boards in the end as the price was appealing... Besides, thought I should experience as many different brands as possible!

Build quality of the board itself is pretty good. The mounting rail is moulded plastic but is sturdier than some of metal rails on other boards I've used. I'm not entirely sure about the shiny plastic casing, it looks a bit cheap (even though the "feel" of it isn't), plus I always favour a clear plastic cover. Just personal preference.

I've not installed the board yet, just set it up on the bench. I wanted to make sure everything would fit nicely as I'm configuring it to take two separate supplies (standard + economy 7) All seems fine, although the casings for the switches and MCBs seem to flex a little when tightened up...

I'll update when it's installed (just in case anyone is interested, probably not!).

Only downside I've seen so far is that there's very little space behind the rail for running cables. Not a problem on this install as everything is coming from above, but could be a right pain if the cables were coming in below.

Thought I'd update the thread and be helpful (ish!) to others in future!

Bought one of the Schneider boards in the end as the price was appealing... Besides, thought I should experience as many different brands as possible!

Build quality of the board itself is pretty good. The mounting rail is moulded plastic but is sturdier than some of metal rails on other boards I've used. I'm not entirely sure about the shiny plastic casing, it looks a bit cheap (even though the "feel" of it isn't), plus I always favour a clear plastic cover. Just personal preference.

I've not installed the board yet, just set it up on the bench. I wanted to make sure everything would fit nicely as I'm configuring it to take two separate supplies (standard + economy 7) All seems fine, although the casings for the switches and MCBs seem to flex a little when tightened up...

I'll update when it's installed (just in case anyone is interested, probably not!).

Only downside I've seen so far is that there's very little space behind the rail for running cables. Not a problem on this install as everything is coming from above, but could be a right pain if the cables were coming in below.
no you didn`t....
you thought you`d update the thread caus it had dropped down the list....

- - - Updated - - -

lol....

Reply to Schneider Domestic boards... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net