Discuss Schneider domestic boards. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bodman

-
Reaction score
Hi, I'm an electrician and have worked with a good few makes of consumer unit. I have used Schneider in industrial jobs but am having their domestic board pushed my way. just wondering how good these are if any one has installed one?

Cheers. :bomb2:

If you mean the Easy 9 range, then, yes, fitted a few recently. Better than the usual budget brands, looks reasonable too, but at £55ish inc 6 CB's, it isnt going to be as good as a Hager metal clad board.

One things for sure, they aren't going to stack up too well with the likes of BG from B&Q in the all important value for money side of things, from what i've been reading on the forum...

Absolutely nothing wrong with Schneider boards and OCPD's some of the best in the business, but you'll pay through the nose for them, so it's a personal judgement call as far as using them on domestic installations....

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone noticed all the domestic boards are like play dough?? Internally speaking as you can choose where/what combo to have RCDs and CBs etc.

I do a lot of testing after new installs and most times find it a ballache to get cover back on. One guy is serious OCD about his DB installs and his still have a degree of this.

I miss the crabtree DBs from my training where the CBs clipped into the busbar.

Hi kate you mean the starbreaker from crabtree i used to use them all the time with wyles and crabtree load star range but since the recall never again and havent used a electrium board for ages i have been using the BG board not a bad little board few screw issues abd a tad untidy inside , schieder are good boards but expensive and if you are using rcbo's the a a pain with curly leads ok if it one or two but when you get 10 not good im always looking mind

fitted 1 t'other week. not bad, but the moulded din rail is a pain, as you can't dress cables behind it.

One things for sure, they aren't going to stack up too well with the likes of BG from B&Q in the all important value for money side of things, from what i've been reading on the forum...

Absolutely nothing wrong with Schneider boards and OCPD's some of the best in the business, but you'll pay through the nose for them, so it's a personal judgement call as far as using them on domestic installations....

Actually not bad value which is why I was concerned

Reply to Schneider domestic boards. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net