Discuss Schneider Zelio Programmable Relay's in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

joel89

-
Reaction score
Hi has anyone ever used these before and the software? We usually use allen bradley micrologix or control logix, but for a small job I am doing I have been told to use these, it is for a forge I am building a 400amp inverter panel for a large motor turning a big crank, all the zelio is needed for is to turn water and air supplies on and off at set time periods, it is designed to cool and finish the forged cylinder neck, as they easy to work with or complicated?

cheers Joel

I use them if your familiar with PLC's as it seems you should have no problem picking it up.... Download the free software and have a play with it and do a virtual running mode to check your logic circuits.

Joel, what ever you do, you need to do is incorporate some form of operator input.

I come from a foundry background. Cooling cycles are forever altering depending on the temperature of the work piece.
With forging over cool the work piece and it will end up with stresses in the grain. Depending on the finished product, stresses = rejects.
It’s not as simple as turning cooling on for 5 seconds at 132° of cam rotation.

Joel, what ever you do, you need to do is incorporate some form of operator input.

I come from a foundry background. Cooling cycles are forever altering depending on the temperature of the work piece.
With forging over cool the work piece and it will end up with stresses in the grain. Depending on the finished product, stresses = rejects.
It’s not as simple as turning cooling on for 5 seconds at 132° of cam rotation.

yes its the engineer who is designing the electrical control who wants on, off on off, he has spoke with the operators on whats going to happen, I said this to him that each peice of steel is going to be different (especially the quality of tubing we get === ****), at the minute on the forge he uses a selector switch to turn air + water solenoids on, this might be what happens yet I was just getting the feelers out to see what zelio is like to use etc , cheers

Have fun. I know I did!

At least you're going in to it with your eyes open and won't be surprised when you have to start tweeking things.

every time job we do for him involves changing wiring and parts drives me the up wall, always go 2 sizes bigger with the cabinet to give room for add in's !

Been tempted to get one of these babies just to have a play with. The prices are very reasonable and IIRC Schneider actually have the software on free download for them.

The prices are very reasonable and IIRC Schneider actually have the software on free download for them.

Which is unusual as Schneider normally like to charge for everything! :D

I found when using Eplan (drawing software) Schneider charge for a library where most manufacturers will supply free.

Hi has anyone ever used these before and the software? We usually use allen bradley micrologix or control logix, but for a small job I am doing I have been told to use these, it is for a forge I am building a 400amp inverter panel for a large motor turning a big crank, all the zelio is needed for is to turn water and air supplies on and off at set time periods, it is designed to cool and finish the forged cylinder neck, as they easy to work with or complicated?

cheers Joel

I recently got one from an old control panel, opened it up to sort a diy programming "cable". Although i like Schneider/Tele products, this is not something i would use in an industrial environment. I repaired a micrologix a while back, they are designed/manufactured for more industrial use for sure. I have a AB Micro810, this is more compareable to the Zelio. I bought it to mess around with, but i didn't like the software... personally i would rather use the Zelio than the Micro810.

** by the way it's easy to sort the programming cable, i used a RS232 to TTL converter... simple to set up the comms and everything works just fine!

Reply to Schneider Zelio Programmable Relay's in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock