Discuss Schuko adapter, but which one? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yaqub

-
Reaction score
Hi

Quick question,

I have the following appliance lying around and wanted to make use of it, it comes with a German plug with the following specs;
http://<blockquote class="Upload the image directly to the thread-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/QeKflGw"><a href="//Upload the image directly to the thread.com/QeKflGw"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.Upload the image directly to the thread.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script> https://i.Upload the image directly to the thread.com/a8vrhke.png

1000 Watt
220/230v
50/60hz

What earthed/grounded schuko adapter will I need, a 5 amp or 13 amp? I know the UK version of the same model uses 13amp but wanted to make sure.

Thank you.

I would say that's a blue, albeit with a green hint.

When you fit the plug make sure the earth wire is a little bit longer than it needs to be. Also make sure the cord grip is on the outer sheath. I'm sure you probably know this already but best to be on the safe side.

Use a continuity tester or multimeter to confirm continuity between the Green/Yellow wire and the chassis of the appliance.
Failing that, open up the appliance to visually confirm where the wires are connected.

Use a continuity tester or multimeter to confirm continuity between the Green/Yellow wire and the chassis of the appliance.
Failing that, open up the appliance to visually confirm where the wires are connected.
https://i.Upload the image directly to the thread.com/s1K4kXM.jpg
Green/yellow connected to metal
Brown links with the red cable
Green links with the blue cable

Reply to Schuko adapter, but which one? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a question which is confusing me and I cannot find a definitive answer and I hope someone can help. So I have a PC and Monitor and I have...
Replies
Views
I have this motor from my egg rocker which the incubator was old and needed remaking, it’s a synchrononus 4watt motor that turns my plan is to...
Replies
Views
In an attempt to isolate for certain whether my fridge freezer is causing my main RCD to trip or something else, I used an RCD adapter in the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. The owner of the business I work for along with myself have created a DIY inverter setup that is giving us some issues. We bought...
Replies
Views
When I joined this forum a decade or so back, there was a discussion going on about a welder that was connected with a 3-core cable to L1, L2 and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock