Discuss scissor lift hire in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have to change some lamps in some high bay lighting in a warehouse, working height about 6M

Was wondering if anyone knew of any reasonably priced hire companies for a lift? Im in Hampshire/ fareham

Thought is was worth an ask before paying a fortune!

We use Anglia Access they got depots all over and are not bad in costs give them a look, but if I was you I would ring around and play one again the other to get the price of hire and most of all delivery thats really is where they have big price differences

You dont need a licence to hire one, only some sites request you have a licence to use one on their site
Been using these types of lift and many others for years, never ever been asked to show a licence

Thanks,

i got one price for 2 days with delivery £150, which seems pretty good for a 5M platform!

Il also check anglia out now!

same here I paid £120 plus vat which was £144.00 and the lift went to 5.8 meters, I am in Gloucester so the company wouldn't help you , but the price is an indication on what you may expect to pay.

thats true ashrow, ive got ipaf 3a and 3b in2011 but never had a job offer from any of the agencys yet
You dont need a licence to hire one, only some sites request you have a licence to use one on their site
Been using these types of lift and many others for years, never ever been asked to show a licence

A small lifter 8mt working height costs £90 per week + £68 ew delivery with AFI just quoted today
We were using these lifters years before all these certs were required, but all sites we work on now require them to be shown so all our staff are trained to use them

Reply to scissor lift hire in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys I have some industrial lighting circuits to wire in a workshop and was after some fresh ideas/suggestions as to how i could best do this...
Replies
Views
S
Thought I’d write a little on changing from being a UK spark to a NZ spark, after seeing the Australian thread. Kiwi licencing is ran by the...
Replies
Views
SparkyJoe
S
M
So far........3 days and counting. Day 1, the 9am scissor lift turns up at 3pm, take down a lamp, go to Edmundsons, take back 12 to fit but have...
Replies
Views
Hello everybody, I have been looking at getting some more tickets under the old belt and got an idea into my head that I wondered if a group of...
Replies
Views
J
Hi All Im looking for a little bit of general guidance with regards to prices i should be paying for works. Without giving to much detail, I run...
Replies
Views
1shortcircuit

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock