Get paid faster with card payments | Go Paper Free - Save Hours | Offer Finance to Customers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Scolmore Group Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net in the Forum Sponsor News / Offers area at ElectriciansForums.net

Nice one @Scolmore and @ElectriciansForums really good news that will hopefully mean a bit more security for the site.

Click Mode has been my 'van stock' and 'default white' range for years now, the ability to slot an intermediate switch into a multi gang light switch is SOOO useful, plus they're good quality with nice positive switches that reassure you they will last, which they do.

One, easily fixed, issue I did have is with the @Scolmore flat plate black nickel switches and sockets.
They are, or at least were, packed in boxes with clear plastic covers on each end.
Unfortunately during transit they move/rattle within the plastic covers and as we all know black nickel is just about THE worst finish to show any marks and unfortunately I had to reject about 50% of all items on initial supply (around 20 items ordered) due to the marks on them, this was across all face plate types (sockets, switches, grid plates, fcu, shaver socket, fan isolator) then repeatedly I had to reject replacement after replacement. It took about 5 or 6 replacement orders before enough A1 condition items were received and could be installed, very frustrating and took 2-3weeks before I could complete 2nd fix properly, having to leave click mode temporary kit in place, all very frustrating and unnecessary.

Please @Scolmore if you haven't since done something about the packaging of your boxed metal finish kit, especially black nickel and polished chrome or any other polished finish, can you pop them in a plastic bag (like Hamilton) or lay a thin plastic film over them (I think Schneider may do this) so that can I order polished finish @Scolmore items again, because I would love to, but refuse to do so based on the issues I had with the flat plate black nickel kit.

Scolmore

Official Sponsor
Welcome. Good quality kit 👍
Thank you! It's good to be here :D If you ever have any feedback or questions, feel free to message us! :thumbsup:
[automerge]1596008825[/automerge]
Welcome. I like the fact you can now get a fused fan isolator in a piece unit now, instead of making your own from grid systems 😍🤩
Thank you! Glad you like our new Fused Fan Isolator - Always aiming to cut your installation time down as much as possible. If you ever have any feedback feel free to message us :smiley:
[automerge]1596008894[/automerge]
And from me too. Great quality gear. :)
Thank you! We always appreciate positive feedback. Please feel free to message us if you ever have any questions or feedback :thumbsup:
[automerge]1596009567[/automerge]
Nice one,
Click Mode and Deco are the only faceplate I supply and fit, had to replace 3 plates in the past 4 years, all 3 in the same kitchen, and it was the tilers fault as he was too messy with his grout.

Love the fact you can swop out switch modules, regularly put an intermediate into a 2g or 3g plate
Thank you - we love reading feedback like this! :D If you ever have any questions or feedback please feel free to message us.
[automerge]1596009705[/automerge]
Welcome Scolmore. My go to choices are Click - mode and deco.
Thank you. Glad you like our ranges - did you know our Mode range is Antimicrobial? This means they achieve a 99.99% kill off rate of bacteria. If you have any questions, feel free to message us.
[automerge]1596009754[/automerge]
Is Steve eyre still at Scolmore?
Yes, Steve is still with us - is there anything we can help you with. We can ask him to get in touch with you if needed? Feel free to message us.
[automerge]1596009865[/automerge]
Welcome to the forum @Scolmore and thank you for sponsoring. What kind of goodies do you have
No problem at all - happy to be here! We have a number of goodies we give away in competitions throughout the year. Search for us on social media and keep your eyes peeled for any opportunities :eyes:
[automerge]1596009905[/automerge]
Welcome and thanks for sponsoring 👍
Thank you - Excited to be here. If you ever have any questions or feedback for us, feel free to message us :thumbsup:
[automerge]1596010022[/automerge]
Welcome Scolmore! I really like using the click range - it’s been my ‘in stock’ option of choice. The click mode modules are a fantastic and I recommend them - the only market option if you need a fused fan isolator.

great products!
Thank you for this feedback - its great to hear you love our products. Have you seen you can now get the Fused Fan Isolator pre-made? We aim to save you as much time as possible on installation. Let us know if you have any questions at all. :smile:
[automerge]1596010085[/automerge]
LOVE Scolmore range. It's just so modular and can make bespoke solutions to just about any scenario.
Thank you for your comment - we really appreciate it. If you ever have any scenarios where you could do with something slightly different, let us know. We are always keen to develop products to help YOU! :)

Last edited:

BulkWorkwear

Official Sponsor
I am sure you will join me in welcoming @Scolmore to the forum! They provide wiring and electrical accessories from their British based HQ!
Scolmore International is one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of electrical accessories, lighting, home automation, security and cable accessory products. Established in 1989, the award-winning organisation with UK manufacturing facilities, designs, develops and manufactures an ever-expanding range of innovative, energy-efficient and time-saving solutions for domestic and commercial projects.

Scolmore is proud to be a British-based, family-run business, with a reputation worldwide for quality, reliability, innovation and exemplary service. The ability to offer detailed product support via trained staff and installer training, ensures that the end user gets the best possible products and solutions for the job.

Scolmore’s comprehensive Click wiring accessories collection is synonymous with quality, innovation and value for money and is a firm favourite with electrical contractors. The unrivalled collection offers something for every project, whatever the size - from functional moulded switches for a domestic property to the more sophisticated modular grid solutions for bigger, more complex commercial applications. Click also has something to suit all tastes and desired finishes, with traditional and contemporary styling and a raft of finishes and colours to ensure there is always a solution at hand.

At the heart of the range is the modular design which allows installers unprecedented flexibility in creating dedicated solutions to satisfy all wiring needs.

As technology continues to drive the electrical industry, Scolmore’s ongoing investment in R&D ensures that the very latest technologies are harnessed to provide installers, contractors and specifiers with the most cost-effective, time-efficient solutions across a broad range of domestic and commercial applications.

Check out their products here.

Thanks for sponsoring the forum, we really appreciate it!

If you have any questions you can contact @Scolmore via PM. :clapping: :clapping:
Thanks for being a sponsor & welcome @Scolmore

rapparee

-
Esteemed
Arms
Yeah I think it's unanimous, we all like click.

Personally I've refused to fit other cheaper brands offering of brushed chrome for a customer, because I hate having to do a job twice.

I told them to go for click

Welcome Socolmore
I love click ...
..I also love my Soco (but has now't to so with this thread !)..
( Where did I get my love of an Orange forum from )

Scolmore

Official Sponsor
Yeah I think it's unanimous, we all like click.

Personally I've refused to fit other cheaper brands offering of brushed chrome for a customer, because I hate having to do a job twice.

I told them to go for click
Thank you! We really appreciate it and glad that Click can be a go to brand! :)
[automerge]1596642612[/automerge]
Nice one @Scolmore and @ElectriciansForums really good news that will hopefully mean a bit more security for the site.

Click Mode has been my 'van stock' and 'default white' range for years now, the ability to slot an intermediate switch into a multi gang light switch is SOOO useful, plus they're good quality with nice positive switches that reassure you they will last, which they do.

One, easily fixed, issue I did have is with the @Scolmore flat plate black nickel switches and sockets.
They are, or at least were, packed in boxes with clear plastic covers on each end.
Unfortunately during transit they move/rattle within the plastic covers and as we all know black nickel is just about THE worst finish to show any marks and unfortunately I had to reject about 50% of all items on initial supply (around 20 items ordered) due to the marks on them, this was across all face plate types (sockets, switches, grid plates, fcu, shaver socket, fan isolator) then repeatedly I had to reject replacement after replacement. It took about 5 or 6 replacement orders before enough A1 condition items were received and could be installed, very frustrating and took 2-3weeks before I could complete 2nd fix properly, having to leave click mode temporary kit in place, all very frustrating and unnecessary.

Please @Scolmore if you haven't since done something about the packaging of your boxed metal finish kit, especially black nickel and polished chrome or any other polished finish, can you pop them in a plastic bag (like Hamilton) or lay a thin plastic film over them (I think Schneider may do this) so that can I order polished finish @Scolmore items again, because I would love to, but refuse to do so based on the issues I had with the flat plate black nickel kit.
We are really happy to hear you use Click Mode. I am sorry to hear about your issues with the packaging with our decorative ranges. I can confirm this is an issue we are fully aware of and are working very hard in the background to change this. Please always feel free to message us for any questions or feedback.

Reply to Scolmore Group Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net in the Forum Sponsor News / Offers area at ElectriciansForums.net