Discuss Scrap cable stripper...... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Heres my homemade one, can do upto 120mm singles or armour cores (not tried anything bigger)
Also does T&E on the other side but never really use it as it's hardly worth it.

IMG_1920.JPG

That's a beast rocboni!
Do you steal...ahem, acquire, lots of cable? LOL!
I have a modest few drums of old colour cable and had a look on fleabay where the going rate is a couple of quid and more for the old 2.5 t&e...hardly seems worth stripping it if I can sell a drum for ££££s

I do seem to acquire a lot of cable, usually because it is overordered, (not buy me) Or strip out quite a bit, got a load of 120mm armoured to strip ATM, an this only cost me about £20 for the motor off eBay. I had everything else or made it, I've got an inverter on it to control the speed. Had thousands through it to date.

anyone recommend a scrap cable stripper?

It's called an apprentice in a room with all the scrap cable piled up and a heater left on to soften the insulation. He gets a cut same as everybody else. I've seen them stripping cable and left out it's a terrible thing to do.

* Kevlar woven glove on non knife holding hand cut away from the body.

Cheers

That's a beast rocboni!
Do you steal...ahem, acquire, lots of cable? LOL!
I have a modest few drums of old colour cable and had a look on fleabay where the going rate is a couple of quid and more for the old 2.5 t&e...hardly seems worth stripping it if I can sell a drum for ££££s
you can use that cable if you sleeve the ends in foreign colours. save the shed some money as well.

Reply to Scrap cable stripper...... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I was working with some odd singles today from Batt Cables, they seemed to have a plastic like braid between the insulation and the copper, almost...
Replies
Views
Hi guys Can anyone recommened a decent cable stripper for flat and 3 core cables? Here's a couple ove seen online...
Replies
Views
Has anyone come across automatic strippers to pull of the sheath of a cable already in a back box. The regular ones can do it to a degree but due...
Replies
Views
I experienced an electrical shock while replacing an A/C Fan Coil's 120vac, single phase motor that was above the ceiling grid in an office, while...
Replies
Views
Hi all, H.N.Y. The passive, affixed to a recently bought LED security light is rubbish, sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't, no matter how...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock