Discuss Screw holding Screwdriver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

You can get m4 bolts in pz2 or torx from jr Webster ect for around the same price always use theese on fire alarms especially xp95 sounders can be a right pain torx are the better

Our
You can get m4 bolts in pz2 or torx from jr Webster ect for around the same price always use theese on fire alarms especially xp95 sounders can be a right pain torx are the better
Our place won’t buy them. They just go with the pan head flat head ones.

I have one of the quick-wedge drivers and it is very good, holds the screw very firmly, you cant use it for final tightning though.
That’s great. Do you know what size it is? As I’ve linked the quick - wedge but I’m not sure if it’s the right size.

I have the Klein ones, they are great and really grip well in brass M4 screws, I have been known to hold a conduit box lid on the screw as well and offer it up to a beeza box with one hand. I have a small draper set too but they are not as grippy as the Klein ones!

I have the Klein ones, they are great and really grip well in brass M4 screws, I have been known to hold a conduit box lid on the screw as well and offer it up to a beeza box with one hand. I have a small draper set too but they are not as grippy as the Klein ones!
That is my preferred method also. Or carrying a 3rd screw to allow for dropping one

I always end up with a load of spare screws of all types crashing round the washing machine that have come out of my pockets from doing the very same thing! Much to the Mrs disapproval 😄

One thing I will say, with the Klein ones is that they are no good for tightening things up, I broke the 4.5mm ones tip tightening a screw too much with it!

Thanks for that I will order it. I suppose you could buy the screwdrivers for smaller screws.
Let us know if it is the right size for the usual M4 pan screws.

I'm pretty sure we have one from decades ago that works with M3 pan (more common on stuff we built) and it is really useful in odd places, but as above - don't try using it for much torque. It might be due for a replacement soon.

Klien do a set of 3, i'll try find a link.
This sort of thing:
Also at CEF costing a bit more (and out of stock at local branches, as usual):
Cheaper at Mouser, but maybe delivery cost high:

Google says the head of the flat bit is 6.4mm so with the screw holding function of it then it probably will do it but there might be a bit of play sideways.(assuming there’s room for the end to fit if fixing back detector heads or sounders)

I’ve just tried a few different m4s from the random bit box and there’s some variance in the slot width between manufacturers.
Using a standard 1/4 flat screwdriver bit, either a 7mm or 8mm flat bit would hold the m4 securely enough to hold it upside down without the screw falling off.

Google says the head of the flat bit is 6.4mm so with the screw holding function of it then it probably will do it but there might be a bit of play sideways.(assuming there’s room for the end to fit if fixing back detector heads or sounders)

I’ve just tried a few different m4s from the random bit box and there’s some variance in the slot width between manufacturers.
Using a standard 1/4 flat screwdriver bit, either a 7mm or 8mm flat bit would hold the m4 securely enough to hold it upside down without the screw falling off.
Actually, ignore the 7-8mm reference in my last post, I think that’s the width of the bit across rather than the slot size.

Reply to Screw holding Screwdriver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net