Discuss Screwfix 4 hour offer on consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
Seen screwfix come out high so far on the suppliers poll. So wondered how good this offer is of a consumer unit that on their site says is discounted by 30% for what's left of the time, currently over 4 hours.

16-Way High Integrity Populated Insulated Consumer Unit Dual 63A RCD | BG Consumer Units | NoLinkingToThis

Is this an alright deal then or not?

Not t used BG consumer units so cannot comment on their quality but price seems reasonable. Have you seen the MK deals?
Quite honestly, I would rather use a main brand when it comes to consumer units and the MK ones are covered by a 10 year manufacturers guarantee!

Sorry to say there is no comparison to BG and MK , BG win every time ,used to be a big supporter of MK sorry to say they are awful now

It's a base label Dan. Judging on their patresses and pendant sets they are a cheaper alternative and OK'ish on quality.

If your that happy with BG its nice to know - I might try one sometime but the problem with me is I use a stock van and have to keep to one brand otherwise I may be stuck on a callout one day and not have the spares.

BTW, I have used MK, Wylex, Crabtree, MEM, Square D etc. over the years and have had minimal issues with MK and Wylex boards. Crabtree starbreaker are not bad but the mcb's plug into a busbar so not compatible with the others and Square D are crap in that the base is flat and the cover has to be notched out for all circuits - cumbersome to say the least.

they do a 6 way split load duel 63A RCDs 2X 6A, 1X16A, 2X32A & 1X40A (all B curve) for £39.99 + VAT

and a 13 way split load for £49.99 + VAT

i agree...their a good board are these...much better than the MK crap...

fitted a few of these i have...the british general ones that is....

they do a 6 way split load duel 63A RCDs 2X 6A, 1X16A, 2X32A & 1X40A (all B curve) for £39.99 + VAT

and a 13 way split load for £49.99 + VAT

i agree...their a good board are these...much better than the MK crap...

fitted a few of these i have...the british general ones that is....

did 4 mall flats with these 4 circuits 2 spare perfect

Not t used BG consumer units so cannot comment on their quality but price seems reasonable. Have you seen the MK deals?
Quite honestly, I would rather use a main brand when it comes to consumer units and the MK ones are covered by a 10 year manufacturers guarantee!

I've used BG consumer units in the past and I wasn't a fan of the DP Isolator, but the MCB's seemed fine.

Reply to Screwfix 4 hour offer on consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net