Discuss screwfix started selling WAGO in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

amlu

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
not full selection and more expensive compared to tlc, but may be handy if you run out and have a branch near by.
222 Lever Connectors - Search Results | NoLinkingToThis

I'll continue to use the line products push ins, a fair bit cheaper and just as good. Don't really use the lever ones, apart from linking out when testing.

I'm the opposite I tend to use the lever ones, I think they are the only true maintenance free ones out of the lot. Wagos just have the edge in quality I think

on last job i was linking out rings on the first fix and testing every now and then to see if no builder monkey put a screw in my cable.
linked lighting circuits too, powered it with 12v dc, stuck a led on each light fittings to properly see if all switching works as expected.

Im glad they are stocking them, in fact if screwfix / electrifix they ever get round to cutting cable to size then I doubt I would go anywhere else.

Im glad they are stocking them, in fact if screwfix / electrifix they ever get round to cutting cable to size then I doubt I would go anywhere else.

I like it myself too, good prices there, cheaper than going the usual wholesalers with a lot of items they sell...nice opening hours too...

You just have to do all the work yourself though dont you, can't just go in and ask...

Screwfix seemed to jack their prices up a fair bit and loose a load of custom to toolstation... Well by me they did, now they are bringing prices back down and sell wago's, I'll give them another go.

I find screwfix very handy. Probably helps being in the second city, but there's so many branches and the hours are helpful picking stuff up on the way home for the next day is good for me. I got a Trade UK card (equivalent of an account) which cover's B&Q too so I get thirty days on stuff. Lots of things in their favour, and I have better things to do then shop around to save a couple of quid, the time saved makes up for it. Shopping online is too much hassle with lists and planning etc, and if something's wrong/broken/missing I prefer to deal face to face rather than play email ping-pong then post stuff back.

I use CEF for anything SF and B&Q don't carry and that's me covered for electrical supplies. Neither of them carried Wago, so it's good news now that they do.

I would like to take some or all of the credit for this!!, i was asked when i was in the Electricfix counter was there anything that i would like to see stocked, as head office were asking staff for suggestions, so i left the guy behind the counter with the lids off my boxes of wagos out of the van and a sample of the product. i then follwed this up by suggesting the the wago rep at elex show, that it was time screwfix started selling wagos!

I would like to take some or all of the credit for this!!, i was asked when i was in the Electricfix counter was there anything that i would like to see stocked, as head office were asking staff for suggestions, so i left the guy behind the counter with the lids off my boxes of wagos out of the van and a sample of the product. i then follwed this up by suggesting the the wago rep at elex show, that it was time screwfix started selling wagos!

Good stuff, and well done for that as it's most usefull. Now, as you seem the sort of bloke to get results, could you have a word with ELECSA AND NICEIC please. :)

Reply to screwfix started selling WAGO in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net