Discuss SDS Drill (again) in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MUFC1999

I've posted a similar question before but lack of funds prevented me buying.

After searching round I think I've narrowed it down to one of the following two drills. I have no experience with either make, I've always stuck with dewalt.

Can anybody recommend one over the other?

Option 1

Option 2

not experienced these models, but i have a hitachi 24v that is 12 years old and still going strong. had a race with a 110v stand-up hilti ( like a road drill) drilling 12mm throgh 11" reinforced concrete and the hitachi won!

Really, when I read about drills I get the impression that the Ni-mh is a step up from the Nicad anda step down from the lithion

Sanzo most of the sds are ni-mh unless they are lith so take my advice and buy a rig with lithium batteries. I really did learn this the hard way with my 24v makita. ÂŁ350 brand new, 2 years old with 2 wrote off batteries I dumped it on eBay and got ÂŁ100

I now have the Bosch 36v li-on and am glad the 24v makita is gone, good tool, crap batteries !!

Sanzo most of the sds are ni-mh unless they are lith so take my advice and buy a rig with lithium batteries. I really did learn this the hard way with my 24v makita. ÂŁ350 brand new, 2 years old with 2 wrote off batteries I dumped it on eBay and got ÂŁ100

I now have the Bosch 36v li-on and am glad the 24v makita is gone, good tool, crap batteries !!

Agree totally. Had the same problems

LOL yes I Know I'm a tool tart :eek: wouldn't have it any other way.I get so much stick from the guys onsite but you know it's funny how many times I get asked do you have that drill, chasing tool or core drill etc. I've now started to run quite a lucrative tool hire service onsite :D

I prefer tool connoisseur :p

Reply to SDS Drill (again) in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all. In a bit of a situation which is starting to cause a fair bit of stress and figured maybe asking some silly questions here may help to...
Replies
Views
Been thinking of buying my apprentice this drill Hitachi DH24DVC 24v SDS Hammer Drill 2 x 2.0ah NiMH Any one used one or know of any half decent...
Replies
Views
Just purchased one tonight. Any one have one? Also was wondering if any one has tried replica batteries or are they not worth getting? Makita...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, im about to buy a sds hammer drill as i have been using my 5kg for most things but its a bit awkward using such a large drill for small...
Replies
Views
My cordless SDS is just not going to be up to the job of lots of channeling out so I am going to buy a corded.. I've decided on Bosch as that...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock