Discuss Seaward Primetest 100 PAT Tester in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sl1210

Hi guys,

I use this pretty basic pat tester along with my megger to do PAT tests mainly on landlords appliances every now and then.

Now i have been asked to do a load of sensitive office equipment, i.e computers, printers etc, etc.

The tester says it can test class 1, class 2 and it equipment, but there is no option to reduce the IR to 230v, and I'm not too comfortable with pumping 500v through the equipment.

One guy has previously stated he uses this to test loads of computers, and another says don't do it.

Was just wandering on your thoughts???

I bought the Kewtech KT71 bundle it came with adaptors carry case and some VDE screwdrivers plus a socket tester. The carry case is a bonus as it has plenty of pockets plus no batteries to buy as it is a mains tester. I too do the odd PAT test for rentals and as mentioned before I did not buy it to make money I bought it to compliment the business and to be honest although I hate PAT its the best buy I ever got so if you have to do it get tooled up this cost me £425 its already paid for itself calibration is £40 plus its the jobs I get along with it so no complaints

Meant to add that it has made £1000 in the year I have had it with £40 for calibration and another £1800 work assosiated with it ie Do PAT test and fix lights/fans sockets etc So it well paid for itself and now it will just be a £40 calibration every year and remember Trigger look after your broom........................

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid £350 a few months back for this seaward 100 bundle pack. but to be honest i think i should of got the 250 or the kewtech kt71 you are talking about. both of these have the option to change the test voltage. i have written to seaward to ask them if i can use this to test it equipment, but i wont wait for a quick reply. maybe i can get a refund if they state that it can test it equipment, when clearly it can't ;0))

in the meantime i have ordered one of these kewtech pat adaptors for my megger so that i can test at 230v with no worries, but ideally i would like a plug in tester thats gives you a pass or fail verdict as well as an earth leakage test.

Kewtech PATADAPTOR1: Convert 17th Edition - PAT Adaptor 1

just dont want to go plugging computers into this and causing any damage

I paid £350 a few months back for this seaward 100 bundle pack. but to be honest i think i should of got the 250 or the kewtech kt71 you are talking about. both of these have the option to change the test voltage. i have written to seaward to ask them if i can use this to test it equipment, but i wont wait for a quick reply. maybe i can get a refund if they state that it can test it equipment, when clearly it can't ;0))

in the meantime i have ordered one of these kewtech pat adaptors for my megger so that i can test at 230v with no worries, but ideally i would like a plug in tester thats gives you a pass or fail verdict as well as an earth leakage test.

Kewtech PATADAPTOR1: Convert 17th Edition - PAT Adaptor 1

just dont want to go plugging computers into this and causing any damage

We have been down this road before , make sure the computers etc work before you test them , or it's - "It was ok till you put that machine onto it " . Watch them.

effectively youur only testing to earth , but nobody seems to trust them... a good visual is as good as testing on office equipment?

When I send my documents I also include a copy of the current calibration certificate so if you do the same then mind add a copy of the other tester you used. Mind I spent months fretting over what tester to get but I can only speak for my business it has been a really good buy plus the only thing I had to buy was the clover leaf adaptor from fleabay for £4 as it was not included in the kit and test meter at the time wanted £17 +vat for the same thing only thing is the commando adaptors are in the garage and wont get used as I don't go out of my way to get PAT jobs and I don't carry it with me all the time it sits in the cupboard instead of getting thrown about the motor just wished I had done it earlier because I lost a pile of jobs because I would not do PAT as well as

well they want me to test the equipment whilst everyone is in the office working one computer at a time, so that will be a pain in the --- as it is. but at least i will see the computers working before and after. i wonder if i can get most of my money back for the 100 on ebay and upgrade to the 250.

im going battery powered and mains with 250..... i bought my kt71 for 200 of ebay, used it on about 4 jobs , payed for itself easy and sold it for 320 lol

I wont be selling at all as it fits the bill so no upgrading for bigger and faster cos I don't want to do it full time

used that machine on lots of tv`s, stereos, game consoles., nothing went wrong. some of them have switch-mode supplies same as computers.

Reply to Seaward Primetest 100 PAT Tester in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock