Discuss Secondhand multifunction tester in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

depends on what tester it is and the price. as long as it's calibrated.

Its all down to you and whats suits you me I am brainwashed into either Megger or Fluke so I opted for the 1553 because there was a lot of issues with Fluke at the time only to find out the bluetooth function was a waste of time and the Megger carry case was the pits so now I run about with with a 1553 in a Fluke carry case and now I am very happy although if I was to buy another tester I would buy a Metrel because I hear a lots of good things about it and economically its probably more cost effective but as said before look after your gear because I have seen some rufty tufty sparks throw their testers about like they are the toolbox they keep their hammer and chisils in

advertisement on this page, metrel multi tester £350. on ebay second hand £250-£300 also uses rechargeable batteries, megger recomends not to use, so depends on how much testing you do ? should be loads, batteries in a year could cost more than the meter. I tested a bank this summer withh a megger, was using 3 sets of batterries a week. oldtimer mentions fluke, my multi meter is fluke is ok, whatever your used to that works, all my recent jobs, they have wanted cal cert.

I tried selling my metrel on the forum a couple of months back but there were no takers,bought in april,calibrated with all software and rechargeable batteries, bought it then retired should have saved the cash really.

I forgot to add,most of the testers I have bought on Ebay have smelled strongly of either soap powder or perfume possibly due to storage area.Still its an added bonus I suppose.

I had the same dilemma last month, do I buy 2nd hand or new? I went for the Metrel MI3000 from the forum sponsor Test-Meter

Metrel MI3000 Easi Plus 17th Edition Multifunction Tester

Good bit of kit, calibrated, 3 years warranty and even comes with the rechargable batterys. Forum members get 5% discount as well! What more do you want for the money?

Good set of lads and very helpfull, hi if your reading this Mr. C..... :)

Reply to Secondhand multifunction tester in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net