Discuss Securing cables behind coving in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Steve D

Hi All,

Is it feasible to run and secure cables in the void behind ceiling coving ? (prior to coving being erected).
I've not seen it done before, but I can't really see too much of an issue as it would certainly be in a safe zone.

Cheers
Steve

Its in the safe zone as you stated.

As long as there are no mechanical joints i.e maintenance free joints only or no joints at all. Cant see a problem.
Useful when customer wont allow you to lift floor boards to install wall lights.

And then you become a decorator too!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Securing cables behind coving in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello All, I have just found out that a family member who is having some Building work done has been advised to insulate above the Kitchen...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone Is it possible to do a domestic rewire by running cables inside skirting voids or behind covings and then chasing up/down? 😬. I...
Replies
Views
Hi there - good site. Mrs wants a new socket directly below a light switch on the ground floor (says it will look neater vertically inline)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, quick question - I have to replace a lateral supply cable where the existing one runs through the ceiling of the basement flat and up...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Merry Christmas to everyone, and apologies for talking work during the holidays😅 I have my first EV charger install job early in the New...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock