Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Securing cables in dry lining box in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

kingeri

-
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I once had a batch of dry-lining boxes with built-in cable clamps, but can't remember where I got them from. I know it's not actually necessary, just was doing a job today where there are two sockets virtually back to back on a stud wall with the T&E just going from one to the other, unsupported. I know I'm being pedantic, but in my view this cable should be secured in some way! Thoughts?!

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

kingeri

-
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lol I know. Sorry. Suppose I'm getting a bit too obsessed with attention to detail. Think I need a holiday or something. Still, suppose its better than not giving a damn!

kingeri

-
Arms
Ok, so imagine the same scenario but the boxes are say 2m apart. What then? :)

Timber studs?
If so clip them, you'll still get the cable flapping about a bit but it will help

How close are they? Enough room for a metal coupler? Totally unessesary though, although I don't like going back to back like that, why not go out the top of box like normal then back into top of other box?

G

Guest55

Ok, so imagine the same scenario but the boxes are say 2m apart. What then? :)
Good grief , any chance of this daft thread being left to die ?
;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

kingeri

-
Arms
Good grief , any chance of this daft thread being left to die ?
;-)
Haha sorry biff. Was daft I know. Am just talking hypothetically / out of my backside. The issue I suppose is more the intermediate support, where you don't actually have access to the inside of the wall. Hence you can't clip the cable to anything and it is just hanging between the boxes. Seems I just can't let it die.....I'm just not ready yet..

Nothing wrong with them not clipped or supported got a better chance of the cable not getting a sqrew through them as there not fixed to any stud it's more than 50mm anyway bat on my friend

tigerpaul

-
Arms
You shouldn't put sockets back to back like that in a plasterboard wall anyway, as it destroys the acoustic rating of the wall.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
You shouldn't put sockets back to back like that in a plasterboard wall anyway, as it destroys the acoustic rating of the wall.
sorry, mate, couldn't quite hear your post for the next door neighbour's noisy love making

Reply to Securing cables in dry lining box in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Aico 3000 Range
Top Bottom