Discuss Securing cables in dry lining box in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

kingeri

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I once had a batch of dry-lining boxes with built-in cable clamps, but can't remember where I got them from. I know it's not actually necessary, just was doing a job today where there are two sockets virtually back to back on a stud wall with the T&E just going from one to the other, unsupported. I know I'm being pedantic, but in my view this cable should be secured in some way! Thoughts?!

Lol I know. Sorry. Suppose I'm getting a bit too obsessed with attention to detail. Think I need a holiday or something. Still, suppose its better than not giving a damn!

How close are they? Enough room for a metal coupler? Totally unessesary though, although I don't like going back to back like that, why not go out the top of box like normal then back into top of other box?

Good grief , any chance of this daft thread being left to die ?
;-)

Haha sorry biff. Was daft I know. Am just talking hypothetically / out of my backside. The issue I suppose is more the intermediate support, where you don't actually have access to the inside of the wall. Hence you can't clip the cable to anything and it is just hanging between the boxes. Seems I just can't let it die.....I'm just not ready yet..

Nothing wrong with them not clipped or supported got a better chance of the cable not getting a sqrew through them as there not fixed to any stud it's more than 50mm anyway bat on my friend

paul m can give you a good tip on securing cables with expanding foam.

You shouldn't put sockets back to back like that in a plasterboard wall anyway, as it destroys the acoustic rating of the wall.

sorry, mate, couldn't quite hear your post for the next door neighbour's noisy love making

Reply to Securing cables in dry lining box in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock