Discuss Security Alarms info please in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jack89

-
Reaction score
Hi, I've been working in the electrical trade now close on 10 years. I have completed my Level 2 and currently working on 2365 L3 and NVQ Level 3.

As I've always worked for other companies I don't know the answer to my question and maybe somebody can help me.

What qualifications or authorities do I need, or to notify if I install a security alarm for a friend at his property?

Cheers

Hi. In my opinion a Pyronix wireless system. You can pick up complete sets on eBay from good suppliers for between £200-£400 ...just depending on how many sensors / door contacts etc your friend needs. The instruction manuals are included. All you need is batteries (cr123) to insert into the sensors. Every sensor has a 'learn button on them and it avoids wiring issues etc. Trust me..it's so simple and easy to do. The instruction manuals are easy to understand...even if you don't know anything about alarms. If you run into a problem or have an issue or question you can just call pyronix technical support and they are more than happy to help and talk you through it.
Well worth looking into it. !!

Pyronix wireless can do it. Just make sure with the kit you buy that it includes 'Home Control' ...it has a communicator build in then that can be set up to talk to your Wi-Fi and then to your phone app.

Leesparkykent could you tell me why you reccomend Texecom and why use wired system where possible? cheers mate
I believe texecom is the best kit out there because it’s versatile. Using wintex to set it up is really easy...you can even sit at home and set it all up on your laptop from your site survey, go to site and install the gear, plug your laptop in and upload the programming. The texecom odyssey X3 bell box looks the mutts nuts at night.

Wired is better where ever possible as you don’t have issues with communication or batteries. I’ve installed a few texecom ricochet wireless systems in the past and they are also very good.

Reply to Security Alarms info please in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net