Discuss security lights in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

blenki

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

am i right in saying that outdoor security lights attached to the outside of a house can have a minor works cert but still need to be notified to building control. also does the main bonding have to be completed as a matter of course

A

acat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Outdoor lighting is a notifiable job the only exclusion if I remember correctly is if the lights are a sealed kit with the CE marking on it inwhich case it would be a minor.

Can anyone else throw any light on this (excuse the pun):p

Chris

if thay are an addition rather than a new circ then yes they can have a mw if it is an addition the new bit needs to be to17th where required

M

Mac

am i right in saying that outdoor security lights attached to the outside of a house can have a minor works cert but still need to be notified to building control. also does the main bonding have to be completed as a matter of course
If you are only doing the security lights then i think you should advise the customer that they need the bonding either upgraded or if there is none,that it needs to be put right at an additional cost;)

S

Spudnik

Agree with the chaps above, although i would say if main bonding is not present, then this should be installed, but not necessarily upgraded.

The type of certificate does not dictate whether a job is notifiable or not.

B

blenki

thanks lads, the bonding to the water looks like it will have to be run on the outside of the house then into the kitchen,would you run it in truking or just clipp it direct

I

ian

The installation of a outdoor light which is attached to a wall is not notifiable unless there are exposed connections or it involves the installation of a new circuit or the extension of a circuit from a kitchen or a special location.

However, it will require a minor works cert.

Ian

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to security lights in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom