Discuss Security Roller Shutter Door Isolator in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm trying to find an isolator that will take a class 4 security padlock for a factories roller shutter door, this is to comply with their latest insurance assessment.
Can anyone point me in the right direction please? The usual 16/32A rotary isolators do not have a big enough hole for the type of padlock needed and they are of course made from plastic which is pointless in this instance.

Any Ideas please?

Many Thanks

Hi All

I'm trying to find an isolator that will take a class 4 security padlock for a factories roller shutter door, this is to comply with their latest insurance assessment.
Can anyone point me in the right direction please? The usual 16/32A rotary isolators do not have a big enough hole for the type of padlock needed and they are of course made from plastic which is pointless in this instance.

Any Ideas please?

Many Thanks
Make the hole larger!!

What like these
WTF no sorry Mate think either me or my laptop is having an epi,
Question why class 4 if I may ask, is than an insurance stipulation? Don't suppose you want any bonding or earthing done in the meanwhile, may be away for a bit, going to take my laptop outside and give it a kicking sorry for the earthing vid.

WTF no sorry Mate think either me or my laptop is having an epi,
Question why class 4 if I may ask, is than an insurance stipulation? Don't suppose you want any bonding or earthing done in the meanwhile, may be away for a bit, going to take my laptop outside and give it a kicking sorry for the earthing vid.

Haha, I think I'm all good for the bonding thanks :)

Yes, the class 4 padlock is an insurance stipulation

I don't understand why the isolator needs a security padlock of that spec? Its for maintenance, and only needs a padlock when someone is working on it. The multi hole clamp on #3 would be fine.

Keyed switch on the open/close buttons?

I don't understand why the isolator needs a security padlock of that spec? Its for maintenance, and only needs a padlock when someone is working on it. The multi hole clamp on #3 would be fine.

Keyed switch on the open/close buttons?

Its so those nasty burglars can't open the door, its got nothing to do with electrical isolation needs or maintenance. Its an insurance stipulation to stop tonnes of alluminium that they have in their factory leaving via that specific exit.
It doesn't help too much that there's a pykey site opposite the factory either. :/

It's what the customer wants so that's what I need to deliver really.

If they've already got in a padlock won't stop them.

What about putting the isolator inside a lockable metal enclosure?

Reply to Security Roller Shutter Door Isolator in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net