Discuss Seeking advice re oven change - double socket to fused spur in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

djc

-
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking to replace my electric single fan oven. It is plugged into a double socket, the other socket having the gas hob plugged into it, and this double socket is wired to a 13a switched fused spur. Looking at the ovens in my price range I can see some that include a plug and can be connected to a socket whilst others indicate they must be hardwired to a 13 Amp fuse.
As my double socket is hardwired to the 13a switched fused spur does this mean I can use one of the ovens that must be hardwired by just connecting a cable plus plug and plugging it into the socket or would I need to get an electrician in to hardwire it directly to a fused spur? If I can connect a cable and plug in this scenario is there a minimum thickness of T&E cable that I should be using? Let me know if you need any further info. Thanks.

you'd need to read the instructions. if they say hard wired, then it needs to be so. otherwise, buy one with a fitted plug.

Reply to Seeking advice re oven change - double socket to fused spur in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock