Discuss segregation of safety circuits in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

APE37

-
Reaction score
Hi there,
Just wondering if someone can shed some light on a situation that I have not come up against before. I am working in a synagogue and they also on the site have two domestic flats and the synagogue and two flats are being done up and I have been asked to install a cooker and hob circuit with a ring final circuit into the kitchen with also a supply to boiler in one of the flats. The original electrical company have supplied a distribution circuit from the origin in the synagogue to the flat I am working in and supplied a new board, and also a fire alarm circuit into the flat from the synagogue so that if there is a fire in one unit the other two units will sound too. I am wondering if I need to test between my new circuits and the fire alarm circuit as this is a safety circuit (segregation of safety circuits), although I have ran my cables nowhere near the fire alarm cables. The cables are FP200 and I have wired in t+e. As I see it I don't as I have not ran my cables near them and not installed the supply to the fire alarm system nor the fire alarm cables and also the fire alarm cables at the mo are not connected to anything and are dead and I only need to cerify the work I have done. I would be grateful if anyone can shed some light on this as I have not come up against this before, and maybe over thinking this.
Cheers

you only need to test and certify the work that you have done. on your cert, you list your circuits with all readings. existing circuits, you list as "existing" without any readings, unless you are preparing a EICR.

As for fire alarm FP200 cables, it`s good practice to conduct an insulation and r1/r2 test to confirm integrity. This will prove cable and prevent fault finding later.

bugger. you edited the post. was going to ask if the cables had ebola. however. you still posted r1/r2, when you should have put R1/R2, unless the fire alarm is a ring. lol.

Reply to segregation of safety circuits in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net