Discuss Self employed earnings/Credit crunch slowdown ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all,

How much can i expect to earn as a self employed spark, with regular work coming in ???
Do you guys make a comfortable living from the trade ?

Have any of you noticed things slowing down of late, with the credit crunch kicking in, and the housing market suffering ??

p.s im not a nosey ******* !!! just want to know i made the correct career choice.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
S

sparkyork

hi mate if you charged say £25 per hour and have forty hours a week then you got a grand less tax, wink wink

or more an hour more a week, get a good price in on a job and be quids in, make money on materials etc

im only just starting to get sorted for work, partly cos ive only just started advertising (wanted to wait till nic thing was sorted)

building game does seem to have suffered but theres allways people wanting work done, and if they dont want to buy new houses theyll build extensions.

although a bit stressful at times i dont think i could ever work for anybody else again.

if you keep your self busy you should turn over a minimum of 52k plus extras

T

tony.towa

Whilst the present situation has had a dramatic effect on the building trade and the house market, the last time this happened it actually created a greater demand for people to have things done in their home (once they had stabilised their personal situation). Sales of things like conservatories and small extensions increased as people were wary of moving and decided to maximise on their existing property.

Realistically this is likely to happen again, before the market picks up and so a good sparks is likely to maintain a half decent work load, although the larger jobs may be further apart.

I think I might have said it somewhere before, at the end of the day the more you put in, the more you get out.

S

Spudmiester

It is a bit slow for me at the moment, but I do other stuff as well.

Tony is right, reciperical returns , you gets out what you puts in , I am about to do a marketing pitch on the electrical stuff, trouble is I do mostly industrial, and factories are few and far between round our way.

C

Carter

Don't see any soft landings this time around, the financial and geo-political situation is very different and the last real scare was the '73 oil crisis. Then they just asked the House of Saud to open the oil taps to redress the supply vs demand imbalance which at the time stood at a mere 6%. Just a 6% differential caused the oil price to triple and it took nearly 10 years for the world economy to readjust.

The "open the taps" option no longer exists as all the 'low hanging fruit' has been found and extracted. Only 1 barrel of new oil is being found for each four used. The term "credit crunch" is merely a euphamism for a much deeper set of problems. Oil now UNDERPINS EVERY HUMAN ENDEAVOUR AND INTERACTION.
The days of sparks clattering 100miles up a motorway and back each day are coming to an end. there WILL need to be a re-assessment of what 'local' actually means.
For credit crunch substitute the term energy crunch and on to the real issue; the "CONFIDENCE CRUNCH".

The gnomes of Zurich have finally taken the cloth off their crystal ball and don't like what they are seeing. They know that every pension, investment, insurance policy, bill of lading, mortgage security and bank note in circulation only has value because of the PROMISE of continuing oil and downstream energy security upon which pretty much all commercial activity is dependant. That promise is about to be broken big time. I hear the sound of banking house ladders being drawn up and the drawbridges dropped.
Why else would they have bailed out Northern Rock at the drop of a hat. No question about it, they had no choice since the government (with its wallet boggling PSB (Public Sector Borrowing) liabilities and the wider nation (with £1.3b of lending are effectively in hock to them. £50 BILLION! with a possible exposure topping £100b!! Jeezus H Christ. How long did it take to arrange that? 3 days? Bloody hell I wish I had a bank manager that accommodating and responsive. The true reason of course is that the illusion of calm financial probity and rock solid security had to be maintained AT ANY PRICE as the cost of not doing it would have triggered a full on financial China Syndrome. Anyone who doubts that need only look at the reaction of stock markets and trades when any slight tremor interrupts the game. They bail out like rats from a sinking ship, so much for their confidence or lack thereof. They'll lend an umbrella when it's sunny then demand it back (with interest) when it looks like it might rain.

The coming change of govt in 2009 will do NOTHING to halt the decline, because there is nothing they CAN do and any pretence to the contrary is just bulling so as not to frighten the children. If people really understood the scam of fractional reserve banking they would be stringing them from the street furniture.
We have a demographic timebomb waiting in the wings, land use issues that must be adressed NOW in order for the long term vialbility of this country to be assured in the medium term never mind the long term. Unfortunately the modern politico defines the concept of 'medium term' as no more than the time remaining till its next election. I doubt their definition of 'long term' encompasses even a generational span. Men of Vision?? Knobs of butter more like.
:mad:
I have a bad feeling about this and if anyone else mentions the pointless and self indulgant sodding 2012 Olympics (panem et circenses) Bread and circuses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or the need for priority diversion of tax receipt to 'offset' Anthropogenic Global fricking Warming one more time I swear to God I will explode and rip them a fresh one.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Spudmiester

Crikey Carter, are you Shakey in disguise.

Good point about tearing up and down the motorway doing jobs in each others back yards, have thought this situation ridiculous for about ten years, since I myself packed in doing it. Used to have to go from Yorkshire to the other side of Bournmouth to change a fuse or re-set an overload. I kid you not !

S

sparkyork

i was watching a program the other day about oil and very confusing it was indeed! from what the program told me was that there were still vasts ammounts of oil left in the north sea alone, they estimated at least another 40 years worth, plus what ever is in saudi and the like. they did also say that it costs them so much more to get it out the ground as well!? so if theres so much of it still left why is there all this who har about it all, and why do we need to pay over 75 percent tax on the bloody stuff, i say scrap or drstically lower tax on fuel, jib the nhs and do wat evry other country does and stop bailing out other countries when they have some sort of disaster, oh and also stop letting the foreigners in our country aswell, who come along for a free house.

C

Carter

i was watching a program the other day about oil and very confusing it was indeed! from what the program told me was that there were still vasts ammounts of oil left in the north sea alone...
There isn't, even industry insiders and CEOs are admitting that North sea production peaked around 2001-5. It's practically impossible to get a true picture because an oil company's long term stock value depends entirely on its stated reserves. It is in the company's interests to claim the maximum reserves they think they can get away with. How on earth do stated reserves stay the same and in some cases increase when there exploration results indicate so little actually recoverable oil found?

The same mechanism applies to oil producing countries as a whole; trading agreements mean that the amount they are allowed to trade on the market depends among lesser things on the stated level of that country's reserves. Same thing has happened, they grossly overstate their reserves in order to maximise their levels of trade. But it says precisely f*ck all about the true level of reserves which as I said is almost impossible to seperate out from 'theoretical reserves' or 'developing reserves' or 'newly discovered reserves'

so if theres so much of it still left why is there all this who har about it all, and why do we need to pay over 75 percent tax on the bloody stuff,
It's not so much the fact that oil is running out, (it will never actually "run out" as the production downslope will never actually hit zero until the last human has given up trying to extract it.) the issue is one of demand exceeding supply. Like I said in 1973 a difference between the two of only 6% practically tripled prices within a week.

Imagine 2 graphs, one a steadily rising line indicating world consumption of oil from when it was discovered through to the present and into the next 50yrs or so.

The other one is a smooth symetrical "bell shaped" plot. The low point on the left represents 1860 when the first Texan oil was produced, the peak of the graph represents the midpoint of reserves left and the right hand slope signifies the drop in production as it becomes harder to find.

Suppose the two plots (correctly scaled) are placed one on top of the other, so long as the production curve stays above the demand line all is hunky dory. But things aren't happening that way, the extraction curve cannot be manipulated as ultimately it is NOT A VARIABLE. Oil IS finite. The world population/oil demand IS a variable, the only problem is that it is varying inexorably upwards. It is growing and fancifully projected to keep growing ad infinitum. No upper limit is admitted. Sooner or later those two lines will cross and production will start to tail off and some say this is happening now i.e. we are at the peak of oil's historical production and use graph. From here it can only slope downwards and therefore it is inevitable that a deficiency of supply versus demand will arise. It is believed by many that we have or are about to reach that point when the lines start to diverge and THAT is the real crunch point, i.e. how will the market and wider society as a whole, react to that realisation. The current strains may be the start of that process of adjustment or merely the tremors preceding it and many quibble over the actual timing but unless you're one of those who believe oil is continually manufactured majicaly in the earth's core then it has to be faced up.

Personaly, I think the party's over and has been for a long time. It's been well concealed mind you behind a veneer of superficial affluence and ambitious sounding (but innefectually crap) policy designed to cover the cheapness of the political carcassing in this country.

I say scrap or drstically lower tax on fuel, jib the nhs and do wat evry other country does and stop bailing out other countries when they have some sort of disaster, oh and also stop letting the foreigners in our country aswell, who come along for a free house.
Simply put S.Y. but none the less sensible for it!:D I could run with that as a basis for a manifesto. Wouldn't it be a sweet relief if all politicians and particularly that waffling monocular ringpiece Gordy Brown was as succinct.

S

sparkyork

i think i start to get the picture now then, its basically getting to the point where we as a race and how we have evolved in to oil hungry peeps, needing it too much, and there's not enough of it to go around so it gets expensive, like you say utimately the price of oil could end up been finite. very worrying really by the sounds of it and given the information to hand, it looks like its set to get even more expensive until something gives and some other cheaper source is available, where there is shed loads of it too make the graphs more balanced.

so that programme i watched, maybe a month ago now, that funnly enough had BP doing some interviews etc, was probably some sort of propoganda tactic?

quite fritening that humans rely so heavily on oil, its like the start of our economic downfall!

what i dont get is if we are heading for a few problems cos of oil and ultimately its price then why doesnt this government seriously just cut the tax burden in this country so businesses and civil services, or whoever else needs it, so we can all try and fight this problem rather than it been made worse by the government

shame no one fancies doing a "guy fawkes"!

ps did you used to work in the oil trade by any chance? you seem very knowledgable on the subject?

C

Carter

i think i start to get the picture now then, its basically getting to the point where we as a race and how we have evolved in to oil hungry peeps, needing it too much, and there's not enough of it to go around so it gets expensive, like you say utimately the price of oil could end up been finite. very worrying really by the sounds of it and given the information to hand, it looks like its set to get even more expensive until something gives...
And the primary point of an elected 'elite' of the great and good is supposedly to protect the security of the nation by concentrating their 'great' minds on the threats that face said nation. It requires a modicum of foresight and the ability to forego expediency and defer self profit in the greater interest. I've been aware of the coming resource depletion for twenty odd years and I'm just an ordinatry member of the public.
So what excuse have the arseholes who are paid handsomely to investigate it full time have to offer for their total inability to predict it until the pump price tells what we are coming to work out for ourselves? I think we have a case for reclaiming their salaries on the grounds of obtaining money under false pretences. How about that to concentrate their great and good minds a little harder? Personally I think after 60yrs of post-war 'modern government' I reckon we've indulged these venal ----ers quite enough, they've fed themselves from our table long enough and would turn them out onto the streets to fend for themselves.

A facet of leadership is to recognise those areas that are about to "give" and reinforce them or circumvent them through perceptive and sound judgement and tactical ability. Not much of either in evidence that I can see.

...and some other cheaper source is available, where there is shed loads of it too make the graphs more balanced.
If only? I hear it a lot; "science will provide" or variations of "they'll think of something" Well they're cutting it damned fine. Fusion is 50yrs plus away if you believe the physicists who let's remember are punting for their share of the funding pie so aren't going to admit it's just a f*cking pipe dream.

Corn oil/ethanol/biomass? Don't work I'm afraid. In America this has been in place for 10yrs now and even with the refining capacity situated in the middle of the source of feedstock it still can't produce a conversion ratio better 1.3-1, meaning that it takes 1.3 units of input energy to produce 1unit of useable transport fuel. And to think I used to think nothing of razzing up motorways to jobs in a honking great 4.2 Jag??

Hydrogen? an incredibly difficult gas to transport and store without losing a great deal to leakage. It is the smallest molecule and therefore is very adept at working past and through any gasket/sealing medium. By the time it hits the back wheels of your £120,000 fuel cell vehicle the energy conversion efficiency has bottomed out at around 5%. Now that's not very green is it?
Oh yes, because of the power requirement for elecrolytic cracking of H2 most of it is currently made from ammonia derived from gas which is totally self negating as it's using even more fossil reserves in its making. So that's that option knackered. If it was going to be a serious option the infrastructure would have needed to have been planned 15yrs ago for nationwide deployment now! Too little, too late and just plain irrelevant govt. tokenism now.

so that programme i watched, maybe a month ago now, that funnly enough had BP doing some interviews etc, was probably some sort of propoganda tactic?
Almost certainly, can y' remember what it was called? sometimes I can find transcripts or archived footage on t'interweb.

quite fritening that humans rely so heavily on oil, its like the start of our economic downfall!
Yep. what's truly frightening is our lack of response:mad: I know the English don't like to cause a fuss but seriously people it's like the country's on moggadon or something?

what i dont get is if we are heading for a few problems cos of oil and ultimately its price then why doesnt this government seriously just cut the tax burden in this country
Because it is seriously in debt and sees no way back without admitting that its performance post-war has been completely wrong. The govt, the banks, industry, media and the 'public' are locked in a arm-linked centrifuge from which it would be impossible to break free without being flung out of the societal norm. Peeps fear that and so continue to cling on for dear life rather than take a risk.

so businesses and civil services, or whoever else needs it,
Y'see that's another one I hear a lot, "the needs of business." All must be subservient to the fabled and sacrosanct needs of business. Now don't get me wrong hear I've run a business and understand what it's about but I want to blow this out of the water right now, business does not NEED anything, business(men) want NOT need.
As for the civil service I am of the opinion that they too have a case to answer. There are 4 ways of going about procuring an item or service...

(i) You buy something, for yourself, with your own money;
in which case one is motivated to get the best quality you can afford and have a care about how long it lasts and how ultimately useful it will be to you.

(ii) You buy something for somebody else with your own money.
in which case you don't care so much about the quality so long as it'll do the job but you still care about how much it's going to cost you.

(iii) You buy something for yourself with someone else's money
in which case you go for the very best and dont care how much it costs as you're not paying.

(iv) You buy something for somebody else with their money
in which case you don't give a stuff about the quality of what you provide and niether do you give much regard to the cost. This is the status quo at the moment re govt service provision and the army of wonks who service and administer it. The worst of all cases in my view.

shame no one fancies doing a "guy fawkes"!
They do, that's why they imposed a 1000 yard 'exclusion' zone around OUR houses of parliament. Ha! they just don't get this democracy/free speech thing do they. Now tell me again we live in a free country.

ps did you used to work in the oil trade by any chance? you seem very knowledgable on the subject?
No, but am considering doing ROV Pilot trng @£8k for the course. :eek: I don't believe a word that issues from govt now. They simply have no credibility, I just refuse point blank to bull****ted any longer and can now smell it before it hits the ground. I research, read, double check and re-read.
Where'er you hide the truth, e'en in your hearts, then there shall Carter rake for it......Will Shakey

W

wattsup

I'm getting a lot of genny enquiries right now from some very wealthy people, a lot are just tyre kickers, my website is 90% genny stuff enquiry, but i'm sure a lot of people with cash to spare are thinking serious backup stuff.

I have done nothing else for the last few months. Ordinary people will put the new kitchen on hold, where the truely rich guys are making sure they get power no matter what.

If we have a bad winter this year, the supply is dubious to say the least. We are on 90% capacity already...I am sure there will be major probs ahead, the government as always will blame others when it happens. They will blame Russia and others for 'prices' but they set themselves up for balackmail...oh dear this country is in deep **** in years to come, no coal, no gas...

As a footnote, the latest little job I did, ..50 houses were without power last year (i'm talking 600k+ houses btw) in a little hamlet in lincs, last year *which was not a particularly bad winter last year, had several outages, the worst lasted 5 days. But there were several lasted 36 hours.

One customer of mine asked is that acceptable, of course it certainly is not, you should sue them...she said we are doing so, can I call on you if need be in court...yeah no probs (obvious answer) If it happens no doubt the leccy company lawyers will take me appart.

But hey, this is the uk is it not? You would think they lived in some third world country. They have lobbied mp's etc, but of course no votes in it so they don't bother.
You would think they lived in the deep south usa, it aint good enough, it don't get publicised, because the bottom line is, keep big towns and cities running, the rest can wait, no mp's give a ****..no votes in it.

I'm absolutely certain it will hit towns and cities soon enough. It is a time bomb waiting to go off. The latest price hikes are a con, it is simply conscrewed to make you use less power because the friggin lid will blow if a bad winter and national overload occurs. It is nothing to do with fuel prices, all fuel is priced within a 10 year threashold and averaged. Power prices have risen because the grid cannot cope with expected demand this winter, this has a knock on effect through gas supplies etc.

I'm not fully paranoid yet ') but I know this government do not tell you the whole story :)

C

Carter

I'm getting a lot of genny enquiries right now from some very wealthy people, a lot are just tyre kickers, my website is 90% genny stuff enquiry, but i'm sure a lot of people with cash to spare are thinking serious backup stuff.
Well alongside that I hope they have arranged their own supply contracts and bulk storage facility which are both secure and defensible.

I have done nothing else for the last few months. Ordinary people will put the new kitchen on hold, where the truely rich guys are making sure they get power no matter what.
Ordinary people will be at the back of the ration queue behind the armed services, and the police. Next in the pecking order will come haulage/transport and water service providers then local government who will further control downstream allocations to hospitals, schools, fire service, ambulance services possibly taxis and their own offices of course. I doubt there will be allowance made for bi-annual visits to one's timeshare just outside Benalmadena.

...We are on 90% capacity already...I am sure there will be major probs ahead,
Yes I've heard this. Are you in the HV supply and distribution field? Do you know if there is a program of capacity building in the distribution infrastructure or are they on a 'replacement only' regime. If no new capacity is being built even though the populatiuon/demand is rising then that suggests to me that they know and implicitly admit that there will be less and less to distribute. If that's the case why aren't they saying that? Just tell us the truth fer f's sake, we're adults, we can take it. What helps no-one is a government paralysed by inaction and fear trying to hide something behind its back like a schoolkid trying to hide his fags whilst simultaneously professing to 'know what's required'. Well if peeps are still falling for this schoolyard trick then they deserve what's been planned for them.

...the government as always will blame others when it happens. They will blame Russia and others for 'prices' but they set themselves up for balackmail...
Oh we can be sure of that! "We were just following policy that you voted for" :mad: but in a way they would have a valid point (although it would still be no defence for their monumental incompetence.) This isn't a private business going down the tubes here, this is a whole nation we're talking about. We DON'T have another UK Mk2 that they've stashed somewhere up a fjord in case this one gets trashed do we?

oh dear this country is in deep **** in years to come, no coal, no gas...
'twould appear so.

no doubt the leccy company lawyers will take me appart.
I wouldn't be so sure as they are under legal obligations regarding continuity of supply aren't they. Download the duties on suppliers or whatever it's titled (maybe OFGEN site) go over it with a fine toothed comb, see what it says. Knowledge is power.

But hey, this is the uk is it not? You would think they lived in some third world country.
I'll give it a few years yet, we won't be the indigenous minority until around 2055-60, once that rubicon is reached all bets are off as we see whether our culture and society is deemed worth saving.

They have lobbied mp's etc....
bwaaaaaahhh ha ha ha ha ha :p

but of course no votes in it so they don't bother.
You would think they lived in the deep south usa, it aint good enough, it don't get publicised, because the bottom line is, keep big towns and cities running, the rest can wait, no mp's give a ****..no votes in it.
so let's whip them naked into the streets, strap them in Ebola soaked razor wire and drag them out of town three at a time? I'd chip in for the fuel. how much do you want?

I'm absolutely certain it will hit towns and cities soon enough. It is a time bomb waiting to go off. The latest price hikes are a con, it is simply conscrewed to make you use less power because the friggin lid will blow if a bad winter and national overload occurs. It is nothing to do with fuel prices, all fuel is priced within a 10 year threashold and averaged. Power prices have risen because the grid cannot cope with expected demand this winter, this has a knock on effect through gas supplies etc.
Interesting, and very likely to be a factor. A harsh winter this year will (regardless of the number of premature fatalities) be a valuable source of data to the government in their calculation to discern how far to push us. It's a bit like non-destructive shock testing. Send a (hopefully controlled) tremor into the economy/social structure of a nation and see what bounces back and hope that you don't knacker it in the testing process.

I'm not fully paranoid yet ') but I know this government do not tell you the whole story :)
You don't need to be paranoid to distrust these f*cks, their track record of failure after failure is so dismally exposed now that nothing save having spent the last 20yrs in a clinical coma would excuse anyone who doesn't see this now. It seems everything they touch turns to ratsh!t and if we're infested with rats what do we do? we set the terriers loose.

W

wattsup

Well I like your quips!
I think you take some of my points not serious.
I do know for an absolute fact some people are making provisions for diesel storage, some are crazy guys, some are ordinary 'wealthy people'. I'm not talking grand scales, but the latest genset I installed, the guy has 200 gallons hidden away and he his what would be considered a normal type person, with yes a country house, but not a nutter. Diesel will not store over 24 months, it goes 'off' when I explained he knew, he told me how to make it last longer, he told me how to add stuff to make it last longer, if all else fails put it in the land rover and re stock!

You may think 'what a friggin nutter' but this guy and many of the same ilk are not, they know whats comming. For city dwellers it may seem far fetched but some of these guys are well savvy, often they are the first affected.

Leccy companies legal obligations, well if you believe that no use debating. It is an an easy get out for them.

Sure, public services will be the high end except you don't know what I've got already stored. In high end country houses they will not bother (the authorities that is)
Yes I have been involved in hv distribution, the problems arrising are lack of investment, maintainence etc. Cables are crumbling around many sub-stations throughout the country. When one breaks (if a biggie) a knock on effect can cause major probs for huge areas, if two break big **** for whole counties,(which will happen because of extra draw on already dodgy cable) which then puts a strain on others if they go, then absolute chaos, it will happen. Then get part p guys to fault find the ring main-- If me, just walk away...cannot diagnose fault, did not install -;)

And Then the Government will Announce
All cable must do as we say or else they will not be allowed to operate...and on top of that all this dodgy cable was installed under the tory government..it is not our fault, in fact we are going to make sure it doesn't happen again, we are going to have a minister for cable ...----ers

On top, anyone seen looking at a cable (who has not paid the government looking fee of £2000) will be fined £55.00.
All electricians must be able to spell amp, otherwise a further 50 quid fine will be made. (however the spelling exam will be multiple choice, 40% success is acceptable)

Jackie Smith, the minister for bull **** will oversee all exams (even though she couldn't pass a bus stop) but she is extremely streetwise, only the other day she knew how to install a battery in an overloaded dildo... Hence she is the new minister of sparks

S

spark-doctor

we are on 90% capacity already
We are on 100% capacity.

yesterday we imported

N.Ireland to Great Britain: -113MW
France to Great Britain : 1303MW
North-South: 1537MW
Scot - Eng: 923MW
30/08/2008 01:09:00 GMT

Our total demand was Demand: 25597MW

Which is 9% of our demand

C

Carter

Well I like your quips!
I think you take some of my points not serious.
Not at all chap, I don't see anything in your post to not take seriously. Which points? maybe my turn of phrase has confused something.

I do know for an absolute fact some people are making provisions for diesel storage,...
...You may think 'what a friggin nutter'...
I certainly don't think they are nutters, not in the slightest, taking steps to secure ones family and future gets nothing but marks for initiative. My only question is where will their fuel be coming from?

but this guy and many of the same ilk are not, they know whats comming. For city dwellers it may seem far fetched but some of these guys are well savvy, often they are the first affected.
Well a great many think that Coronation Street is 'real'' and 'Big Brother' far more worthy of an expensive phone vote than a parliamentary election. Most city dwellers have no relationship with the products that sustain their energy intensive 'lifestyle choices'. they are conditioned to it as they were weaned into a culture of 'provision by others' and they've come to expect it. They have little idea that it might possibly be any other way still less how to make the transition to another condition of things. That's their lookout.
Those in the rural communities have a more direct understanding of the requirements for sustainable survival and the difficult choices that accompany it ie. adaptability, capacity for physical work, the ingenuity to problem solve and improve, the underpinning technical and craft ability to fix anything they need themselves.
If that person has a large property and deep pockets then all things being equal they will have a better quality of a still difficult life.

Leccy companies legal obligations, well if you believe that no use debating. It is an an easy get out for them.
Sorry not with you?? we might be at crossed purposes here. Launching mass suits against energy providers on grounds of mere 'inconvenience to the consumer' following rolling cascade blackouts would I agree not get far without serious legal weight behind it. But what if people started dying? huge motorway shunts on the Aston Expressway when all is instantly turned pitch black one grim February rush hour, the fires resulting from improvised lighting/heating.

In high end country houses they will not bother (the authorities that is)
If the state or any other entity, legally constituted or not, wants something it will go get. Remoteness is no general immunity on a small island.

Yes I have been involved in hv distribution, the problems arrising are lack of investment, maintainence etc. Cables are crumbling around many sub-stations throughout the country. When one breaks (if a biggie) a knock on effect can cause major probs for huge areas, if two break big **** for whole counties,(which will happen because of extra draw on already dodgy cable) which then puts a strain on others if they go, then absolute chaos, it will happen. Then get part p guys to fault find the ring main-- If me, just walk away...cannot diagnose fault, did not install -;)
thanks for the inside report Wattsup, confirms everything I've heard on the state of the network.

C

CUDABOY

as i once said to prescott " your a big man but your out of shape....for me its a full time job" i do stairlifts but so few and far between,just done my part crap and 17th,way i see it everyone has electric,good % are going to want work doing,great post carter! i dont get into the bollotics as without being defeatist theres fark all we can do about it, just glad i have a trade,my hands and a will to work,the likes of us will always survive!:)

C

Carter

as i once said to prescott " your a big man but your out of shape....for me its a full time job now be'ave y'self"
:D Ha! love that film, no glitz, no bolx, just grim, nasty, evocative of its time. Was gonna have some fun with the avatar as well.

Shot at 2007-10-17

i dont get into the bollotics as without being defeatist theres fark all we can do about it,
If I had a quid for every time I hear that! :rolleyes: I just look at my little lad and my missus expecting our second and think "NO! IT STOPS HERE! I can't duck out and bequeath a life of increasing state invasion and control to him. It would be the easy option but what kind of father would I be that expects the son to fight a battle (and it will be) that the father was too afraid/apathetic/idle/naive to take up? That's what got us to this condition as did the "White Heat" generation before us.
it's all about ime you see, time isn't on our side with this one it's a luxury we no longer have.

just glad i have a trade,my hands and a will to work,the likes of us will always survive!:)
Totally agree with you. Here's what did it for me.

After 5 yrs at, and good results from, a good grammar school I shocked my mother by declaring that I intended to go on site as an electrician. During that time I was exposed to the full range of career options any of which I could have pursued. But even at that young age I knew that something didn't add up. There was something incongruous with the life prescription I'd been given. I felt something looming that would render a lot of what was then thought of as an unchanging continuum of a job for life, family then a well earned retirement of ease, inapplicable.
It was something juvenile along the lines of capitalism containing the seeds of its own destruction. (NO I'm definitely no Marxist/Leninist :D) I just felt that all these very intelligent people actually have no idea of HOW the world works. In matters practical they are clueless! They are destined for a working life of speciality in a single career and if it all came crashing down tomorrow they wouldn't have a f*cking clue. They'd be lost.
Now after 25+ yrs in the trade I would without hesitation reccomend it to my son. It teaches such a diverse range of skills from pneumatics, hydraulics, plant and machinery, control systems, distribution, how to argue with unco-operative hairy arsed pipe-fitters.

It comes down to who would you want in that figurative lifeboat? in a pinch who is likely to be of more use? a lawyer, a media consultant, a journalist, a politician, or a multi-skilled electrician. It's no contest is it.

W

wattsup

Nice post Carter, and I agree. Except no one wants to be a sparky, no one wants 'hands on' anymore, the few that do, no one will take them on. It's ok ignoring bollotics, but it's a very dangerous road. If the ruling classes continue to ignore, then we are in big **** eventually, no matter what the government says, everyone cannot go to uni and learn 'media studies'. It is the biggest con. It is proven with the 'skill shortage' look around, learn to be an electrician in 12-weeks or maybe a plumber, maybe a brickie. Loads of dodgy training outfits out to make a quick buck. Right now no respectable company will employ a 6 month wonder, but they will have to eventually, no choice. And whom can blame them, present legislation make it almost impossible to train a 'trademan' for a small business outfit.

C

Carter

Nice post Carter, and I agree. Except no one wants to be a sparky, no one wants 'hands on' anymore,
What can you do? f*uck 'em. They are soon to have their 'choices' dictated for thwm by circumstances.

no matter what the government says, everyone cannot go to uni and learn 'media studies'. It is the biggest con.
"con" being a contraction of the term "confidence trick" and you're dead right but in Zanu-Labour's juvenile grand plan all are destined for the high life.

It is proven with the 'skill shortage' look around, learn to be an electrician in 12-weeks or maybe a plumber, maybe a brickie. Loads of dodgy training outfits out to make a quick buck. Right now no respectable company will employ a 6 month wonder, but they will have to eventually, no choice. And whom can blame them, present legislation make it almost impossible to train a 'trademan' for a small business outfit.
Let's look at a few of those responsible for the mess and charged with its repair.
David Lammy: Our current Minister for Skills. Never had a job, his whole career has been focused on extracting overseas aid from the taxpayer. Operation Black Vote etc ad infinitum
Biography: David Lammy MP for Tottenham

Caroline Flint: former minister for Employment and Welfare Reform. Spectacularly useless. Never had a job that wasn't connected with Nu-Labour's warped cause or with her desire to gain a seat in Parliament.
Caroline Flint - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stephen Timms: the current incumbent who took over after Flint was pumped for letting the cat out of the bag about the migrant labour statistics. Had a job producing wonkish reports about the future. Didn't see this coming though did he. The gormless twot.
Stephen Timms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Andy Burnham: Waffling gobsh!te and former buttmonkey to the odiuos Tessa Jowell, former Chief Sec to the Treasury currently at Kultcha, Meedja and Sport; never had a job that wasn't connected to the labour party, unions etc etc...
Andrew Burnham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Really, I could go on and on picking these people's CVs to pieces but you get the idea. Check for y'self, go on knock yourselves out, have some fun! I challenge anyone to find a current or recent cabinet minister or department head who has EVER done a days actual productive work in their parasitic lives that wasn't funded directly or indirectly by your tax. Do you feel that you have got value for that money? These are a typical cross section of the shiftless swivel eyed dreamers charged with putting the country back in work. f*cking make me laugh. Well I would if the consequences weren't so immediately dire.

Oh and I forgot one more. As the manure hits the fan and the biggest recession in modern history looms where has our Chancellor been, niether hide nor hair of him has been seen until yesterday when he poked his head up like some "whack-a-mole" and told us "it was all going to be going down the crapper an he didn't know how deep the 'U' bend was, thanks for coming, keep paying the taxes though eh? see you at budget time." a big thumbs up to the camera ;) and immediately got his ridiculous monochromatic head back under cover.
Alistair Darling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What a statesman! truly we are blessed. :mad:

B

Bane

Yep, I agree :)

Seriously though, very, very interesting.

(That's all the 'intelligence' I can contribute)

Anyway, all this has been foreseen by Nostradamus many moons ago.

"The end of the world"

Not necessarily in the fire and brimstone hellfire sense that people usually conjure up in their minds.

More like an end to life as we know it, (oil dependency, which, as said, underpins almost all, if not all, aspects of everyday modern life) so we need to discover a suitable alternative for ourselves.

W

wayne

gerbil wheels attached to generators , that will solve the energy crisis at my house as for what im going to wipe my a**e on when the oil runs out ...

C

Carter

gerbil wheels attached to generators , that will solve the energy crisis at my house as for what im going to wipe my a**e on when the oil runs out ...
By George he's cracked it, mind you when street cleaning, sewerage maintenance and declining public health manifest themselves there'll be enough rats to power the whole shebang. For dinner, ratatouille. As for bogroll? well it's probably going to be the furry bit that didn't end up in the ratatouille. :(

W

wayne

you make many a fine point mr carter .let me apologise for myself ,while generating your own sounds great ,when the oil runs out where and how are the compenents for the genny going to be made and from what?

C

Carter

while generating your own sounds great ,when the oil runs out where and how are the compenents for the genny going to be made and from what?
Again, a very good question Wayne. So good in fact that I reckon you should put it in a formal letter and send it our 'man in the know' Energy Minister Malcolm Wicks who knows everything about it as he's never had a job in the energy, manufacturing, servicing or engineering maintenance industry. Just the man obviously.

He has however had a lot of experience extorting a living by being a professional policy forum wonk and 'Professional Social Administrator' whatever the hell that is. Here's another one who I'd gladly batter over the head with the oar if he wanted in to the lifeboat. Well no that's not strictly true, in fact I'd batter him unconcious in the water, drag him onboard and keep beating his worthless carcass until all that remained was a 6 inch stump of oar and all that remained of Mr. Wicks was a sun dried stain on the deck, whichever came first.
Malcolm Wicks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And Then the Government will Announce
All cable must do as we say or else they will not be allowed to operate...and on top of that all this dodgy cable was installed under the tory government..it is not our fault, in fact we are going to make sure it doesn't happen again, we are going to have a minister for cable ...----ers

On top, anyone seen looking at a cable (who has not paid the government looking fee of £2000) will be fined £55.00.
All electricians must be able to spell amp, otherwise a further 50 quid fine will be made. (however the spelling exam will be multiple choice, 40% success is acceptable)

Jackie Smith, the minister for bull **** will oversee all exams (even though she couldn't pass a bus stop) but she is extremely streetwise, only the other day she knew how to install a battery in an overloaded dildo... Hence she is the new minister of sparks
:D lol, love it, Jacui Smith? Let me count the ways I've imagined her screaming exit from this world. hmmm, this is the idiot who wants police to publish localised interactive 'crime maps' so that people know where to visit if they fancy being mugged, stabbed, raped or heavily f*kn patronized by the most clueless Home Secretary I can recall. Of course the crims will bookmark their local heavily policed hotspots and pitch up wherever the map tells them has the lowest police presence. Surely a work of genius, the stupid bitch. Not only stupid but positively totalitarian as she (along with that squirrel faced, lack-witted harridan Hazel Bleeuurrghs) is the one charged with rolling out the first installment of the N.I.R. (Nat Info Register) and creeping implementation of the unconstitutional (and therefore ILLEGAL) I.D. Card Scheme.
But there is a solution to the problem of Jokey Smith...
I was saving this beauty, the Hilti DX450 'Scrotbuster' for Tony (Miranda) Blair if I ever get the opportunity to be alone with him and a stout desk top....

this...

plus this...

Shot at 2007-11-28 (should have been shot at dawn!) the creative possibilities are endless.

...but since you mentioned that toxic old bag I think I'd rather like to christen it on her. Anybody know if they do a 'raggy old p*ssflap' nailing adaptor for them and what size cartridge should I use to get the loudest scream, and would welder's 'Mole' clamps be a help or hindrance? I do want to produce a professional finish after all.

UPDATE Tuesday 2nd Sept

OK so now they've decided that we are all to become mortgage lenders by offering to bail out those who've f*cked themselves with a huge unpayable mortgage (i.e. borrowed more than they could afford and now whining about it) to the tune of 30%. 'Scuse the f*ck out of me but I didn't want to be in the mortgage securities business, i'm an electrician, nobody asked me if I want to subsidise other people's greed, desperation and rank stoopidity. How dare they? This government basicaly delivered up the british public to the salivating banking professionals and it was always going to be a one-sided contest with the banks the eventual winners. They replaced morality and probity with ineffectual and toothless regulators sworn to protect the wee public investor lambs right up until the point of slaughter that is.
In illustration of this...
Do you remember an advert from 10yrs ago with that fat ---- Robbie Coltrane bouncing up and down on a bed with a laptop in his peejays declaring that
"..aye..wurrr all bank managers noo."
OK then Robbie are you going to organize the 4yr training courses and when do I collect my bank manager's salary and company Volvo?

And that all purpose 'Whack-a-mole' Alistair Darling has announced that he's shifting the Stamp Duty threshold upwards "to encourage the first time buyer". Sorry mate but that isn't the frigging problem and you know it. Listen Alistair, the only reason your in No11 is your abysmal and anonymous record at the Dept of Transport. You were appointed to take the crumbling transport infrastructure off the front page weren't you? Remember Hatfiled, Paddington, Steven Byers. you were the "safe pair of hands" entrusted to take the heat off by doing what you do best ie precisely f*ck all and hiding away from the press. What a complete tw*t. Gordon hoped you'd be able to do the same at the treasury but now you've had to come blinking into the light. Good now we can at least get a clear shot.

The whole stamp duty levy should be summarily scrapped period, it's just another way of dipping our pocket for NO RETURN. Thieving bast0rds. I hear they've recalled Caroline 'Aerobrain' Flint from holiday as the situation is that serious! :eek: Oh God now we're f*ucked.
Ok then, so if you've reduced your net tax take thn you are going to have to reduce some public services aren't you? otherwise you've effectively RAISED the tax burden on the rest of us, savvy? So then, which services are going to be cut???? Come on, which ones??? can we have a list? Oh I seeeee, you're going to allocate the costs to the 2015 public borrowing requirement. So you are borrowing off our kids in the assumption that they will be working and paying tax by then. Bit of a brave assumption dont you think Darling?

He's announced that "we've never been better placed to survive this, I'm optimistic as I have been throughout my chancellorship....but it was bound to slow down"
So why were you predicting growth up until a few months ago when you knew full well this was coming? Nice suntan by the way darling, been anywhere nice?

Is it any coincidence that News24 have just screened a report about people foraging hedgerows for food in Sheffield?????? Are they softening us up for the main event?

P

piggyitm

I wasnt expecting such a morning read here Carter.Are you a sparky running for a seat at your local constitueny?I don't buy into the peak oil theory crap any more than i do carbon tax.The whole show is run by cartells driven by greed.Today oil hit a $107 low,slowly decreasing from Junes $145 high.How many decreases have we seen at the pumps?Were using less because of financial strain,yet they're keeping the prices high to make up for the lost revenue.Then OPEC start panicking wanting production cuts to stay above a $100 a barrel benchmark they've decided to set themselves.And on the green issue,how come our beloved chancellor who,in May-June,was begging for more oil output to ease the strain?While at the same time Taxing us so heavily for the evil of burning fossilfuels,through the new road tax emissions scheme!Anyway seen as though the whole planet is freezing to death "global cooling" is going to be the next Buzzword.

B

Bane

I think global warming is great. Catching some rays in February. Buggered us for this summer though didn't it? Think the hottest day we had was towards end July beginning Aug, I was driving down to Kent, making good time till I hit the M25 then I was, to put it politely, fuc*ed. Took me 8.5hrs to get there in the end with no AC, crawling traffic and silly bolloc*s in the car next to me playing Dizzee Rascal and bobbing his head up and down.

TW*T

Anyway, I'm off for some fish and chips for me lunch.

C

Carter

"global cooling" is going to be the next Buzzword.
You mean just like the climatological 'experts' did in the 70s? "New Ice Age" and all that old tosh.
Well it's happening again only this time in the opposite direction, they are trying to convince us that global warming is imminent and anthropogenic, ie derived from man's activities and particular the burning of fossil fuels. Over the past few months there has been a notable backing off in certain quarters from the position that it has already arrived because the rather inconvenient truth is that for the past ten years THERE HAS BEEN NO RISE IN GLOBAL TEMPERATURES. mr. Al Gore's pitifully disingeuous ****ty little film is loaded with 'cod' science, speculation, emotive bolx and ten acknowledged errors of fact but yet they are still distributing this fallacious sh!t to all our schools. (They have however been forced by a court ruling to distribute a 'commentary' with the film, sort of bull**** guidance notes for educators, which points out the errata.) Mr Gormless claims a scientific content of 50%!!!
Oh so that's alright then, so long as it's not 100% ****e they can peddle it to our kids, makes a lot of money for Al G as wel of course

The whole thing relies on the new climatological guru, Micheal Mann's infamous 'Hockey Stick' graph which purports to show conclusively the effects of the man's industrial activities on global temperatures and which the IPCC fell for hook line and sinker and formed the 'scientific' basis for its policy formation.

The trouble was that it was a load of crap, Mann's whole submission to the IPCC has been comprehensively fisked after the Canadian statistician Steve McKintyre was accidentaly emailed the algorithm coding used to extract the graphical date from the raw temp input data. McKintyre spotted that the coding deliberately searched for those results which fitted along that hockey stick curve and rejected those that tended to flatten it out. mann had spent years refusing to release his methodologies and program coding for peer review and Mckintyre found out why. Mann's coding could do nothing except produce that curve as that's how it was devised. He exposed Mann as a fraud who was selectively cherry picking data to advance his theory that was just not supported by data. And now governments around the world are being cajoled into signing up for this sh!ite.

19 computer models were recently given a side by side workout on an identical data set and ALL OF THEM produced entirely inconsistent and wildly variant output scenarios. So that f*cks that then doesn't it.

Data collection sites are another area of contention. There are several thousand of these stations (usually white painted louvred cabinets, you see them around ocassionaly) dotted about the world and the data they produce is used to assemble the average global temp records.
The trouble is that whilst many of them when installed were situated in rural and semi-rural areas with acres of clear ground around them, over the years urban encroachment has meant that these stations are now situated in asphalted car parks, industrial land, in the new suburbs adjacent to airport runways all of which have impressed themselves on the climate record as increased average temp when it just isn't, it's in fact the record of human development not increasing global temperatures.

Same controversy exists with interpolated dendochronology and bristle cone pines, honestly there's tons of this stuff out there but poeple are happy to take government's word as gospel. A very naive strategy given their track record.

I could go on but I won't.

M

Marty48

Thank fuc* for that
totally disagree

carter you write with great knowledge and humour.
i love your descriptions of the useless incumbents that are running this country.
I am now desperate to get the hell out of here.Spain?
living in birmingham i am now in the minority as immigrants outnumber the indigenous population what a f**cking state to get in!!!!
I feel so sad for our kids who seem to be being left behind by more motivated immigrant kids. I dont blame them for trying to better themselves, but why is it always the U.K.
I saw this coming along with many others about 15 years ago but the cretins in goverment only act now

buenos tardes marty:mad:

P

piggyitm

Carter.... you on the tools? Can i come and sit with you at dinner.Most of the lads i work with sit around reading the sport or the star and talk about big brother or play fantasy football manager!!!

C

Carter

nice one bane ,has the courage to say what others are thinking,well done;)
Some things defy simple explanation. The current situation is one of those.
Some don't want to hear it but that won't make it go away. (the missus puts up with me because she's equally as clued in and angry:D)
I could keep me mouth shut but then I'd be tacitly condoning the status quo so I can't, I don't and I won't. Ignorance is NOT bliss in this case though it may offer the simpleton's route through it. I have no choice in the matter, for the sake of my lad and his next generation I have to resist it, expose it and keep kicking it in the pods till it collapses in a heap.

B

Bane

Oh for fuc*s sake!

You've started him off again! ;)

(And stop kissing ass piggyitm and mbarrett) ;)

C

Carter

totally disagree

carter you write with great knowledge and humour.
ta!
i love your descriptions of the useless incumbents that are running this country.
....as much as I hate having to write them! We shouldn't have to waste so much of our limited time, energy and money fighting our own government!!!! The only legitimate function of govt. is to protect the security of porperty rights and the nation's interests and those of its people in areas most suitable to central administration. It must only do this in those matters WE CHOOSE to delegate to them. We allocate them a set amount of OUR MONEY and grant them the authority (ON LOAN) to carry out those duties then tell them to get on with it. As soon as it starts to encroach on matters that are none of its legitimate business (as decided BY US the electorate) then it is acting out of its remit and must be firmly and if needed, violently, slapped back into place.

Governments are phenomenaly bad at doing things and are extremely costly in the achieving of them so they should given the very least to do, doesn't that sound reasonable? because it does to me. It's only peoples willingness to hand huge chunks of their life to an external agency out of idleness that has allowed the *******s to get as far as they have.
Governments will always try to appropriate more power to itself, it's in their nature, they smell the aphrodisiac of power, get a stiff one for free and from then on they can't help themselves. That's why we have to keep a constant watch on their mission creep. I you take your eye off them for a second they will start interfering and legislating your life from under your nose.

I am now desperate to get the hell out of here.Spain?
sigh....:(

...living in birmingham i am now in the minority as immigrants outnumber the indigenous population what a f**cking state to get in!!!!
Worst case projections indicate that the rest of the country is due to reach that condition sometime around 2060 and in any event by around 2110 (ie no matter what we do re immigration) from...
Immigration and ethnic change in low-fertility countries – towards a new demographic transition? by David Coleman, University of Oxford and Sergei Scherbov, Vienna Institute of Demography.

And I have YET to see that statistic on a SINGLE front page. Why could this possibly be do you think! I have my explanation but I'm always keen to hear as many others as are credible.

I feel so sad for our kids who seem to be being left behind by more motivated immigrant kids. I dont blame them for trying to better themselves, but why is it always the U.K.
Same here, it disgusts, enrages and baffles me that a country and a people could do this to themselves. is there something in the water after all?

I saw this coming along with many others about 15 years ago but the cretins in goverment only act now
Take it from me Marty they have no intention of 'acting' unless its acting concerned, there's certainly nothing in any major manifesto that I've seen that has a hope in hell of halting this treason. They are importing a fresh voting bloc as they know that they cant fool the indigenous electors for much longer. Even the trade unions are ripping up their Labour Party memberships in disgust. hopefully they'll smarten up sufficiently to rip their union cards up at the same time as they are tucked up tight in Nu-Lab's bed. But then they don't need to keep the pretence up for much longer than a few more 'parliaments' and the job will be all but complete. That's why I insist that time is the real issue, there is a lot less remaining than folks actually realize.

R

rumrunner

Oh for fuc*s sake!

(And stop kissing ass piggyitm and mbarrett) ;)
pmsl;) dont dare to think what hed be like stoned:eek:

Carter.... you on the tools? Can i come and sit with you at dinner.Most of the lads i work with sit around reading the sport or the star and talk about big brother or play fantasy football manager!!!
i should think he has trouble eating his dinner,do you get hic cups carter:p

C

Cirrus

OMG. Carter - do you go to work or just try and re-write war and peace on this forum? Spend some time with the missus - I reckon she deserves it if she has to contend with half of the droning on that we have to put up with!:p

C

Carter

Carter.... you on the tools?

Did twenty+ on site, have been off site the past five involved in other things but looking to get back at it in near future unless I can extend the current project. Plus, I miss the crack!

Can i come and sit with you at dinner.Most of the lads i work with sit around reading the sport or the star and talk about big brother or play fantasy football manager!!!
Christ bail out chap, go for a walk, anything but Big Brother! Been there, got bored, didn't learn anything other than how tediuosly ignorant most people are, they'll vote in droves for a fantasy one while a real one ticks away in their chip & PIN passport. If that sounds arrogant well so what. it's the truth. Spare chair there Piggy and it's £1:50 in the tea kitty.

Oh for fuc*s sake!

:( :( :(

I'll get me coat...

pmsl;) dont dare to think what hed be like stoned:eek:
It knocks the volume back a few dB that's about it. No time for that these days.

i should think he has trouble eating his dinner,do you get hic cups carter:p
You'd think that wouldn't you but surprisingly not, who says men can't multi-task, pah!

OMG. Carter - do you go to work or just try and re-write war and peace on this forum?
Just responding to the thread Cirrus as comprehensively as possible. It's a complicated subject so it's a long response. T'aint War & Peace I just scribble down what's been worked out years ago. piece of ----.

Spend some time with the missus - I reckon she deserves it if she has to contend with half of the droning on that we have to put up with!:p
We have rarely been more than fifty feet apart in the last 5yrs. ---- do I need a holiday!

W

wayne

i suppose it 'd be in this country as you'd never get through the port without stating your opinion !
send the missus to cornwall and you go on a busmans holiday to downing street i'll even throw in a megaphone .
see you on the six o clock news

W

wattsup

Oh no not global warming

The Vikings settled in Greenland in 997. At that time Greenland had a favourable climate for farming.

Around the year 1000 the climate began to cool 'global cooling'.
Rather than adapt to the prevailing conditions the Vikings moved south to warmer climates.

At this time, the media and some scientist blamed Vikings for global cooling, because they refused to use 4* fuel in their ships, also they would not use incandescent lamps in their huts, they preferred the low energy 11w lamps (this is not the reason Vikings were a bit dim)

The Earth was cooling, and carbon footprints show they did not burn enough fossil fuel. I myself conducted an experiment to prove the theory. I first took a plaster cast of a Viking footprint and then took fossil samples, using a carbon dating agency, I could establish without doubt, Viking toes were shrinking which proves conclusively the Earth was cooling (cool objects tend to contract) known as 'Thermal Contraction'.

However I was unable to confirm if this global cooling was down to Viking activity.
'Erik the Red', the Viking explorer said in the year 1000, 'we are Vikings we will not use leaded fuel, we are 'Green Vikings'. Vikings of course were a notorious war like people, politicians of the day did not argue with Vikings!
However, I may be telling a white lie.

Vikings were in fact a generally peaceful bunch, who preferred farming to raping and pillaging.
BBC reporters at time made a big issue of the fact, that Vikings were responsible for global cooling, and that they should not go marauding around the North Atlantic in 'Green Ships' (unless working for the Beeb) without taking responsibility for their actions, stating 'ethical Viking man is a curse on society'

Mr Blareiski, the world leader at the time; insisted a stealth tax would cure global cooling problems, and immediately instigated a 10 groat boat tax on all 'Green Viking Ships'. However, he reduced the duty VAT-(Viking Added Tax) on ale, grog, mead, beans and cabbage so as to encourage Vikings to drink and eat more and thus ensure more greenhouse gas (methane) reaches the atmosphere through Viking farts. He also relaxed licensing laws, allowing 24-hour drinking in Viking pubs.

Mr Camoroniski, the leader of the opposition, said 'In years to come, perhaps the year 2007' icebergs will be floating up the Thames, the Pacific ocean will be no more than 9 inches deep (due to sea level falling) and residents in New York City, will not be able to see the top of the Empire State Building, due to snow drifts.' He has however agreed to do his bit, he has installed a coal fired power station on his roof with a maximum output of 1kw.

Mr Algoreiski, the renown scientist, (he turned to science after failing to beat Mr Bushski in the new world elections) said' My aim now is to prove to Vikings how dangerous global cooling will be in the future. I will be making a film outlining my science. 'Cool Dude' will be released on the 5 Feb 1001
AD 1000

Greenhouse Gases
Water Vapour 95.000% (Viking Saunas, Bathing 0.000000001%)
Carbon Dioxide (CO2) 3.618% (Viking Longboats 0.00001%)
Methane (CH4) 0.360% (Viking Farting 0.350%)
Nitrous Oxide (N2O) 0.950% (Viking Barbecues 0.002%)
CFC's 0.072% (Viking Hairspray 0.02%)

By the way, no matter what any tree hugger says, (or the bbc, or millibandit) water vapour is the major greenhouse gas by a massive amount and not co2

C

Carter

i suppose it 'd be in this country as you'd never get through the port without stating your opinion !
send the missus to cornwall and you go on a busmans holiday to downing street i'll even throw in a megaphone .
see you on the six o clock news
:D :D

Closer than you can possibly imagine :eek:

:D :D

Stuff the megaphone, talk's cheap and loud enough, all I need is the mandate then you'd have something to turn the news on FOR.

By the way, no matter what any tree hugger says, (or the bbc, or millibandit) water vapour is the major greenhouse gas by a massive amount and not co2
Another nail hit squarely on the head. :)

B

Bane

This has got to be the most interesting, funny, sarcastic and informative thread I've read for ages.

Everyones input is amazing.

VERY FUNNY.

C

Carter

At this time, the media and some scientist blamed Vikings for global cooling, because they refused to use 4* fuel in their ships, also they would not use incandescent lamps in their huts, they preferred the low energy 11w lamps (this is not the reason Vikings were a bit dim)

The Earth was cooling, and carbon footprints show they did not burn enough fossil fuel. I myself conducted an experiment to prove the theory. I first took a plaster cast of a Viking footprint and then took fossil samples, using a carbon dating agency, I could establish without doubt, Viking toes were shrinking which proves conclusively the Earth was cooling (cool objects tend to contract) known as 'Thermal Contraction'................
That is one of the funniest things I've read for a f*cking long time Wattsup. :cool:

W

wattsup

It is generally accepted Mars is getting warmer, to some this seems strangely coincidental with the fact the earth is getting warmer --- To put things in perspective the greenhouse gases I gave above are accurate persentages. (though the reasons are a bit dodgy -;)) (no power stations on Mars, no Chelsea Tractors..
In astronomical distances we are a stones throw away.

It seems odd giving the short distances separating the two planets that we are both experiencing global warming at the same point in time. Especially when considering geological time scales, which are vast. One thing both planets have in common is they both share the same heater, aka the sun. Just maybe the sun's natural cycle is the root cause of global warming.

In the age of the dinosaurs, for example, the world was six degrees hotter than now, with far more greenhouse gases than present. And, many times, it has been colder. Ice ages occur roughly every 100,000 years; the last one finished only about 16,000 years ago. Temperatures then were nearly six degrees lower than those of today. The end of the last 'Little Ice Age' is specially significant, as it implies that the records used by climatologist date from a time when the Earth was relatively cool, thereby exaggerating the implication of today's temperature rise.

Our climate has been constantly changing since Earth began, with periods of global warming and global cooling long before human beings and their activities began.
Anyhow Co2 accounts for a little over 3.5% of all greenhouse gas in the earths atmosphere.
90% of that is natural occuring, deep ocean carbonating, volcanoes etc etc.
That is a fact, so we are left with a tiny persentage of man made Co2 worldwide. No greenie can argue it is a proven fact. So here in the UK we are miniscule, it is not even measurable. Yet you and your 'Chelsea Tractor are to blame for 'global warming' is farcical, yet you will pay a 'green tax'. It is a tax but not green, it is the biggest con ever.
Politicians love green taxes because the majority of their voters are gullible, they the voters will accept 'green tax'
If everyone in the uk stopped driving tomorrow the effect on Co2 in the atmosphere world-wide would not even be measureable.
No greatest cleverest bestest scientist on earth can tell you if it will be cold/rain/warm next Sunday, let alone what it will be like in 40 years.
It is the greatest con of all time, it should be global taxing

jeremy

-
Mentor
Arms
have read the above posts with lots of chuckling and quite agree that we're all getting blamed for something that has been happening for millenia. It beggars belief that there are people vain enough to really believe that humans actually have the ability through everyday behaviour to destroy our planet. What we might be doing is hastening the demise of the human race but it's all got to end sometime and if thats not accepted then it really is head in the sand time. Sod it; just enjoy whatever life you're going to have, don't **** people off and smile as much as you can. You might not live to 100 but at least you'll have enjoyed yourself.

B

Bane

It beggars belief that there are people vain enough to really believe that humans actually have the ability through everyday behaviour to destroy our planet.
Is that comment for real Jeremy?

It beggars belief that people are vain enough to really believe that humans DON'T actually have the ability through everyday behaviour to destroy our planet!

I am by no means an expert on these matters but lets start by looking at the oceans shall we?

Overfishing? Pollution? Species being found not native to that area (warming/cooling of currents).

Everything connects to one another. In the sea, if mackerel stocks(for example) become low or even depleted that affects the whole food chain.
Mackerel eaten by tuna eaten by barracuda/sharks etc. Just looking at that quick table, we eat everything on there.

On land:

Construction, landfills, removal of vast areas of rainforest.

Rainforests=trees=production of oxygen.

Remove these, not too hard to see what your doing is it? Not to mention vast numbers of species having to relocate (no, not like the programme on BBC or is it ITV?:D) becuase their natural habitat is being destroyed.
Then what do we do? After taking away our planets natural ability to breathe we then make certain she can't breathe by covering her skin/lungs with concrete!

R

rumrunner

Is that comment for real Jeremy?

It beggars belief that people are vain enough to really believe that humans DON'T actually have the ability through everyday behaviour to destroy our planet!

I am by no means an expert on these matters but lets start by looking at the oceans shall we?

Overfishing? Pollution? Species being found not native to that area (warming/cooling of currents).

Everything connects to one another. In the sea, if mackerel stocks(for example) become low or even depleted that affects the whole food chain.
Mackerel eaten by tuna eaten by barracuda/sharks etc. Just looking at that quick table, we eat everything on there.

On land:

Construction, landfills, removal of vast areas of rainforest.

Rainforests=trees=production of oxygen.

Remove these, not too hard to see what your doing is it? Not to mention vast numbers of species having to relocate (no, not like the programme on BBC or is it ITV?:D) becuase their natural habitat is being destroyed.
Then what do we do? After taking away our planets natural ability to breathe we then make certain she can't breathe by covering her skin/lungs with concrete!
Well done bane old chap.i agree with all you say ,in addition i think pumping vast amounts of oil out affects the ballance ,we might spin out of control ,then what,and jeremy ,you nead to catch yourself on mate ,if everyone thought like you then we would allready b e doomed,we will be eventually but we should all do what we can to slow the distruction
my smileys packed up again,****

P

piggyitm

I think "destroy our planet" is not the right way to describe what's happening.We just merely change the planet in a cosmetic way.Think how many cells must have been born and then died to evolve all the different forms we know today.Think of all the earthquakes, floods,tornados, volcano erruptions,meteors and iceages that would have totally changed the face of the planet.We are a very miniscule part of the earths history.To suggest that we can "save our planet" by taxing the burning of fossil fuels is outrageous.We'll probably take out 1000s of deferent species before we wipe ourselves through greed and war.But i shouldn't be made to feel guilty for my own existence.

B

Bane

I think "destroy our planet" is not the right way to describe what's happening.We just merely change the planet in a cosmetic way.Think how many cells must have been born and then died to evolve all the different forms we know today.Think of all the earthquakes, floods,tornados, volcano erruptions,meteors and iceages that would have totally changed the face of the planet.We are a very miniscule part of the earths history.To suggest that we can "save our planet" by taxing the burning of fossil fuels is outrageous.We'll probably take out 1000s of deferent species before we wipe ourselves through greed and war.But i shouldn't be made to feel guilty for my own existence.
Now your just talking sh*t :D

P

piggyitm

Isn't the whole idea of this thread to go as far off topic as possible??:D

C

Carter

I think "destroy our planet" is not the right way to describe what's happening.We just merely change the planet in a cosmetic way.Think how many cells must have been born and then died to evolve all the different forms we know today.Think of all the earthquakes, floods,tornados, volcano erruptions,meteors and iceages that would have totally changed the face of the planet.
erm I think I follow you...

We are a very miniscule part of the earths history.To suggest that we can "save our planet" by taxing the burning of fossil fuels is outrageous.We'll probably take out 1000s of deferent species before we wipe ourselves through greed and war.
Ah right! agree with that. To think that the human race can 'save the world' it is all vanity. The Earth is completely ambivalent as far as our survival or otherwise is concerned, we try to befriend it, ingratiate ourselves and anthropomorphise it by calling it "Mother Earth" but the plain astrophysical reality is that it doesn't give a monkey's ---- if we live or die.

But i shouldn't be made to feel guilty for my own existence.
Absolutely,
Into this house you're born,
Into this world you're thrown.

R

rumrunner

Ah right! agree with that. To think that the human race can 'save the world' it is all vanity. The Earth is completely ambivalent as far as our survival or otherwise is concerned, we try to befriend it, ingratiate ourselves and anthropomorphise it by calling it "Mother Earth" but the plain astrophysical reality is that it doesn't give a monkey's ---- if we live or die.

i agree were insignifficant in the scheme of things ,but a bit of respect for our suroundings wont go amiss.if as Bane thinks i shold be ,were president of the whole wide world ,the way it is now i think i would nuke it and just start again ,mankind deserves what we get ,but the other animals dont deserve it,the polar bears are in big **** now ,what are we doing ,filming them ,its becoming a great big safari park,oh look theres a polar bear ,it looks a bit hungry and it aint got much ice left ,you dont see many of them around these days ,and so it will go on ,mass cull of every living thing on the planet is the only solution,not enjoying ourselves watching there suffering,so yeah id press the button;)

Red indian saying,

"Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
All things are bound together.
All things connect."

C

Carter

i agree were insignifficant in the scheme of things ,but a bit of respect for our suroundings wont go amiss.
Always, blimey every time I cut through the woods to the shops I can't stop m'self picking up dumped beer cans, poly bags and crap (not literaly), drives me nuts. They'll carry the thing around for hours when it's full but as soon as it's empty it's suddenly 'too heavy'. Bunch of arse!

if as Bane thinks i shold be ,were president of the whole wide world ,the way it is now i think i would nuke it and just start again,
Tempting but a bit crap as ideas go! :)

mankind deserves what we get
cant argue with that

but the other animals dont deserve it,
or that

Red indian saying,

"Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
All things are bound together.
All things connect."
or that.

Isn't the whole idea of this thread to go as far off topic as possible??:D
Right then, to bring it back O.T.

I've been keeping my attention fixed firmly on both Brown and Darling (aka Bodger & [email protected]' Badger) over the past few days at the cost of a lot of reflex gagging as they attempt to grapple with basic economics and it doesn't appear that salvation is close at hand. In fact it looks as though their only options are....guess what...yep you got it, dip your pockets yet again.
Credit crunch to deliver £16bn squeeze on Chancellor's tax plans - Times Online
The estimates of the toll on tax receipts by the National Institute of Economic and Social Research will aggravate the acute financial headache already facing Alistair Darling.

With a general election expected as soon as next year, the Chancellor is already boxed in. A still deeper slide into the red would leave him with little scope for pre-election giveaways or for extra tax and spending measures to help to stave off a recession.

The institute calculates that the severe economic and financial impact of the credit crunch will mean that the Chancellor has to borrow an extra £8 billion in the present financial year, 2008-09, and another £8 billion extra in 2009-10. The £16 billion total is the equivalent of adding nearly 4p to the basic rate of income tax.
No honestly, bow down in admiration of this pair of retards, they must have balls of f*ckin tungsten to think they can fly this one past the noses of the great unwashed unnoticed. Alistair, darling, it's time to ---- or get off the pot mate. Hey what the hell it's only £16 billion, plenty more where that came from eh?
And he'd be right to think that, it is indeed pin money compared to the total public debt generated by this utter shower of grasping f*cktards.

Let's kick off with the National Debt, ONS estimates it as at Dec 07 as £536.5 billion, or 37.7% of GDP. So still within Brown's 40% rule. Although I hear today that he is "thinking of revising his oxymornic "Fiscal Golden Rules"...again! I mean what's the point of having 'rules' if they change with the wind, the [email protected]!

Then add in all the 'off-balance sheet' PFI debt. According to HM Treasury, its discounted present value is now £91bn, but since that ignores this year's new commitments and all payments beyond 2031-32, let's round it up to a conservative £100 bn. (Not sure if this figure incorporates the £20bill NHS 'Data Spine' fiasco) This evening Carter laughed till he [email protected] when on p2 of our local rag the ex Paymaster General and friend of the fat f*ckin crook R. Maxwell gobbed off about needing to scrap the extortionate parking charges at the city's ----y spanky new PFI hospital. The cheeky cnut! he (Geoffrey Robinson) was the arsehole responsible for resurrecting PFI when even the tories had dumped it! Jeezus they rely on people having the memory of a goldfish.

Liability for those unfunded public sector pensions around £1,025 bn.

Decommissioning our old nuclear power stations. That's an explicit taxpayer liability of around £70bn. Ah well that's the price of the "The White Heat of Technology" as yer darlin' Harold famously remarked.

Northern Rock's debt, is now formally added to the public sector balance sheet by the ONS at £100bn.

Network Rail's debt at around £21bn, all fully guaranteed by taxpayers but excluded from the government's balance sheet.

And the scores on the doors? = £1,847.5bn.

Or 130% of GDP.

Or £74,000 of public sector debt hanging round the neck of every single household in Britain.

So next time the public sector kick off about pay rises think on those numbers and tell them that's it. There is NO MORE LEFT! But as one commentator observed with an echo of the 'Winter of Discontent', and the unions rapidly falling out of love with Zanu-Labour "if you've got relatives to bury then don't hang about." I actually saw Darling's address to the TUC the other day and judging by the perfunctory handclap at the end of his open bowel of a speech I reckon he's had his chips. Then what?

R

rumrunner

Always, blimey every time I cut through the woods to the shops I can't stop m'self picking up dumped beer cans, poly bags and crap, drives me nuts. They'll carry the thing around for hours when it's full but as soon as it's empty it's suddenly 'too heavy'. Bunch of arse!

Tempting but a bit crap as ideas go! :)

cant argue with that

or that

or that.

Right then, to bring it back O.T.

I've been keeping my attention fixed firmly on both Brown and Darling (aka Bodger & [email protected]' Badger) over the past few days at the cost of a lot of reflex gagging as they attempt to grapple with basic economics and it doesn't appear that salvation is close at hand. In fact it looks as though their only options are....guess what...yep you got it, dip your pockets yet again.
Credit crunch to deliver £16bn squeeze on Chancellor's tax plans - Times Online

No honestly, bow down in admiration of this pair of retards, they must have balls of f*ckin tungsten to think they can fly this one past the noses of the great unwashed unnoticed. Alistair, darling, it's time to ---- or get off the pot mate. Hey what the hell it's only £16 billion, plenty more where that came from eh?
And he'd be right to think that, it is indeed pin money compared to the total public debt generated by this utter shower of grasping f*cktards.

Let's kick off with the National Debt, ONS estimates it as at Dec 07 as £536.5 billion, or 37.7% of GDP. So still within Brown's 40% rule. Although I hear today that he is "thinking of revising his oxymornic "Fiscal Golden Rules"...again! I mean what's the point of having 'rules' if they change with the wind, the [email protected]!

Then add in all the 'off-balance sheet' PFI debt. According to HM Treasury, its discounted present value is now £91bn, but since that ignores this year's new commitments and all payments beyond 2031-32, let's round it up to a conservative £100 bn. (Not sure if this figure incorporates the £20bill NHS 'Data Spine' fiasco) Carter laughed till he [email protected] this evening when on p2 of our local rag the ex Paymaster General and freind of the fat f*ckin crook R. Maxwell gobbed off about needing to scrap the extortionate parking charges at the city's ----y spanky new PFI hospital. The cheeky cnut! he (Geoffrey Robinson was the arsehole responsible for resurrecting PFI when even the tories had dumped it! Jeezus they rely on people having the memory of a goldfish.

Liability for those unfunded public sector pensions around £1,025 bn.

Decommissioning our old nuclear power stations. That's an explicit taxpayer liability of around £70bn. Ah well that's the price of the "The White Heat of Technology" as yer darlin' Harold famously remarked.

Northern Rock's debt, is now formally added to the public sector balance sheet by the ONS at £100bn.

Network Rail's debt at around £21bn, all fully guaranteed by taxpayers but excluded from the government's balance sheet.

And the scores on the doors? = £1,847.5bn.

Or 130% of GDP.

Or £74,000 of public sector debt hanging round the neck of every single household in Britain.

So next time the public sector kick off about pay rises think on those numbers and tell them that's it. There is NO MORE LEFT! But as one commentator observed with an echo of the 'Winter of Discontent', and the unions rapidly falling out of love with Zanu-Labour "if you've got relatives to bury then don't hang about." I actually saw Darling's address to the TUC the other day and judging by the perfunctory handclap at the end of his open bowel of a speech I reckon he's had his chips. Then what?
Then what indeed ,if the labor party had listend to what mick jagger told them in the late 60s we wouldnt have this mess now ,his vision for Britain was ,of course far to radical ,but would it have worked ,of course he got his maths right ,thats why wilson had to trash him ,and tax him at 99%,to keep him out Jagger as chancellor ,John lennon as prime minister,this country would have achived the social change it neaded to go on into this century as Great Britain ,instead its little britain ,what a shame it was an oppotunity sorly missed:mad:

C

Carter

Then what indeed ,if the labor party had listend to what mick jagger told them in the late 60s we wouldnt have this mess now, his vision for Britain was ,of course far to radical
What was that? and how would it have forestalled this?

but would it have worked,of course he got his maths right ,thats why wilson had to trash him, and tax him at 99%, to keep him out
Got a link to that? I am, as Prince Charles, ...all ears

Jagger as chancellor,John lennon as prime minister,
oh ----, would be my initial reaction.

this country would have achived the social change it neaded to go on into this century as Great Britain ,instead its little britain ,what a shame it was an oppotunity sorly missed:mad:
go on....

R

rumrunner

cant find a direct link off hand ,but the stones had to be out of the country by 5th april 1971 or face having there company funds impounded,hence the album Exile on main street,most Stones books covering that period detail it if your interested

The vision was for a new world order,The great hippy revolution ,as detailed in the lyrics of street fighting man ,which is about the riot after the protest at the american embassy ikn london ,where jagger was involved,and others including glender jackson

Blair ,darling and straw also shared the vision but have changed there policy to suit the thing,
chere blair maybee hasnt sold out but i dont know ,its all in the past now the dream that never became a reality,
have fun

C

Carter

*Slaps forehead*

"For Fuc*S sake! Not again!"
Sorry Bane but I can't resist this.....

cant find a direct link off hand ,but the stones had to be out of the country by 5th april 1971 or face having there company funds impounded,hence the album Exile on main street,most Stones books covering that period detail it if your interested ...
well in between bouts of rolling on the floor trying to control my urinary tract I would be interested in Mr Jagger's rapier like political insight because there's precious little evidence of it online. Apart from the odd display of sixth form naivety I find very little of substance. One thing that did jump out was that this supposed anarchist, scion of the left immediately entered into a close arrangement with Prince Rupert zu Loewenstien, a London based merchant banker and lineal descendant of the Rothschild dynasty who told him to shift all the Stones tax affairs to Dutch jurisdiction. In 2005 the Stones paid 1.6% tax on UK earnings of £81.3mill. That's how much he values this country.
"Hey...you...get off of my (silver) cloud..."
The vision was for a new world order,...
Well if that's what you want the Rothschilds are a great place to start, fer f's sake, are you serious? Are we using the term synonymously? When you say "New World Order" do you actually know what you are inviting in? Jagger is now hard core establishment, if you wish to use that terminology and ALWAYS has been.

The great hippy revolution ,as detailed in the lyrics of street fighting man ,which is about the riot after the protest at the american embassy ikn london ,
Quite ironic then that the Altamont concert killing is commonly held to be the point at which the "60s Hippy Dream" slammed into the buffers of reality.

where jagger was involved,
big deal, so were thousands of others 'involved' does that make them candidates for high office? no of course not.

and others including glender jackson
well I suppose credit where it's due she did actually vote against the imposition of totalitarianism by voting against the ID Card Bill but as for her politics, you must be joking....you are joking?

Blair ,darling and straw also shared the vision but have changed there policy to suit the thing,
Oh they shared a f*cking vision all right, one of these apiece.
Blairs' B&Q party: Tony and Cherie hold house-warming at new £5.75m home - but there's no sign of Gordon | Mail Online
Christ almighty how old are you if you don't mind me asking?

And this is the best you can offer up?????
chere blair maybee hasnt sold out but i dont know ,its all in the past now the dream that never became a reality,
have fun
CHERIE fugly BLAIR???? Sorry RR but I've just had to go out for a cigarette to calm down. This would be the avaricious whinging hateful, racketeering bitch-whore of a 'human rights' lawyer who has parasitised our country to the tune of millions upon millions of pounds defending spurious and long discredited egalitarian dogma on the back of laws enacted by her effeminate husband's crypto socialist 'government' most of whom were card carrying campus communists in the 70's. Are you not seeing the connection here? How the hell else do you think they afforded that ----ry pile in the article above??

This would also be the same contemptible, 3dick gobbed, whore who auctioned off an autographed copy of the Hutton Report into the 'suicide' of Dr. David Kelly for a local Welsh Labour Party branch fundraiser for £400????????? That's how much she valued Dr. Kelly's dignity and 'rights', 400 poxy pounds. This man's death is still not satisfactorily explained.
Iain Dale's Diary: Cherie Scrapes the Barrell by Signing Hutton Report for Auction
Apart from the staggering display of chutzpah combined with Caligulan bad taste, let's not forget that it was HER F*CKING HUSBAND who threw this man on his say so to the press wolves in the first place. Listen Rummy, far from offering this woman the premiership of what's left of our (dis)United Kingdom I would take huge pleasure in ramming a tightly rolled up copy of the Hutton Report http://www.the-hutton-inquiry.org.uk/content/report/huttonreport.pdf
(all 337 pages of it, each one hand signed by yer man Carter) down her gaping maw till it jammed in the esophagus, whistling tunelessly I'd then reach for a 4lb lump and start hammering it down until bloodied frothing vomit began to gurgle up through the middle along with fragments of teeth and the remnants of self respect that must have been sticking in the back of her throat. What happens beyond that point would be up to the pack of starved foxhounds straining at the leash for their first dinner in a fortnight.

I think that's dealt with any more talk of Cherie Blooooaaaarrrrrgh gag retch! oh, oh no Huh Huuugh! HUUUUAAAALLLP choke ack, wipes dribble from mouth.:mad: Sorry folks but when I hear that name I just don't know which end to point at the bowl.:(

R

rumrunner

firstly im sorry folks that this thread has gone off topic,maybee cirruss could move it to chit chat;) ,but after the state poor old carter has got into i think he deserves a reply:eek: ,trouble is hes so off the mark about so much i have to think how best to deal with it :mad:
Cart pall you will get an answer ,not tonite im a bit ****ed ,but you will get it all explained,crystal clear :),i hope we can have a sensable debate:cool:
all the best in a whole wide and wonderfull happy and peacefull world
rumrunner:confused:

B

Bane

*Ding* *Ding*

"End of Round One"

I love this thread. Seriously, I do. You put your point across well Carter though sometimes, certain comments do make you sound.....Psychotic?

"I would take huge pleasure in ramming a tightly rolled up copy of the Hutton Report
(all 337 pages of it, each one hand signed by yer man Carter) down her gaping maw till it jammed in the esophagus, whistling tunelessly I'd then reach for a 4lb lump and start hammering it down until bloodied frothing vomit began to gurgle up through the middle along with fragments of teeth and the remnants of self respect that must have been sticking in the back of her throat. What happens beyond that point would be up to the pack of starved foxhounds straining at the leash for their first dinner in a fortnight."

Wouldn't you agree?

C

Carter

*Ding* *Ding*

"End of Round One"

I love this thread. Seriously, I do. You put your point across well Carter
Because I research and have a long memory.

though sometimes, certain comments do make you sound.....Psychotic?
Psychotic or not it's a harmless release and as long as we have freedom of speech in this country I will not be going to gaol for sedition. I'm pleased that some can get a little relief from my wild imaginings.

[quoe]"I would take huge pleasure in ramming a tightly rolled up copy of the Hutton Report
(all 337 pages of it, each one hand signed by yer man Carter) down her gaping maw till it jammed in the esophagus, whistling tunelessly I'd then reach for a 4lb lump and start hammering it down until bloodied frothing vomit began to gurgle up through the middle along with fragments of teeth and the remnants of self respect that must have been sticking in the back of her throat. What happens beyond that point would be up to the pack of starved foxhounds straining at the leash for their first dinner in a fortnight."

I still reckon that it's a sensible policy "going forward" to address the problem of Cherie Blair now that the pair of them are very unlikely to be called to account and hauled before a court to answer their treasonable acts.

Wouldn't you agree?
Maybe a little! Would the 3 pounder be a little more humane? I've got a selection.

R

rumrunner

Good evening Mr Carter how are you? hope youve managed to chill out a little bit ,its been a nice day,
leaving aside your perverted fantisy of what you would like to do to Cherie.and glossing over the unfortunate incident at Altamont Speedway ,as it was just used as an excuse,by the the american goverment,(who according to some supplied the bad acid in the first place) and it was not only the Stones but other bands also appearing that the goverment was worried about ,The social revolution happening in the us,had to be stopped and they did that by various means ,some conspiricy theorists,even include various murders amongst the methods used. They failed to stop it of course ,just delayed it by a few years.
Hillary Clinton may have achived the change , but theve managed to scupper her as well ,this time ,but times have changed since the late 60s which is the period to witch i was refering when i stated Mick Jagger would have made a good chancellor with John Lennon as the prime minister,
Mick graduated from the London school of economics ,with the correct qualifications to do the job ,The LSE ,had a history of radical politics ,and the director at the time Jagger and Cherrie were there was a guy named Beverage,who created the NHS apart from other things,now the political standpoint the LSE had was a type of politics known as the third way,which as im sure you know is the middle ground between socialism and conservitism,Bill Clinton and Tony Blair both tried to adopt the strategy,but the world political set up has changed since the sixties and it could be argued that it wont work now ,total revolution might but thats maybee a few years away yet,
Come the revolution this time they wont know what were doing and we will win ,a redistribution of wealth worldwide is required and the sooner it is achived the world will be a better place to live on,join the winning side Mr Carter that way all that stuff you write could be put to better use
Heres the lyrics to the afore mentioned song which just the same as the sex pistols Anarchy for the uk was just a threat not a direct challenge to the Establishment

Evrywhere I hear the sound of marching, charging feet, boy
cause summers here and the time is right for fighting in the street, boy
But what can a poor boy do
Except to sing for a rock n roll band
cause in sleepy london town
Theres just no place for a street fighting man
No

Hey! think the time is right for a palace revolution
But where I live the game to play is compromise solution
Well, then what can a poor boy do
Theres no place for a street fighting man
No

Hey! said my name is called disturbance
Ill shout and scream, Ill kill the king, Ill rail at all his servants
Well, what can a poor boy do
Theres no place for a street fighting man
No

And dont forget his biographical masterpiece

Please allow me to introduce myself
Im a man of wealth and taste
Ive been around for a long, long year
Stole many a mans soul and faith
And I was round when jesus christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But whats puzzling you
Is the nature of my game
I stuck around st. petersburg
When I saw it was a time for a change
Killed the czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain
I rode a tank
Held a generals rank
When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
Ah, whats puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah
I watched with glee
While your kings and queens
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made
I shouted out,
Who killed the kennedys?
When after all
It was you and me
Let me please introduce myself
Im a man of wealth and taste
And I laid traps for troubadours
Who get killed before they reached bombay
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But whats puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah, get down, baby
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But whats confusing you
Is just the nature of my game
Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me lucifer
cause Im in need of some restraint
So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse
Or Ill lay your soul to waste, um yeah
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, um yeah
But whats puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, um mean it, get down
Woo, who
Oh yeah, get on down
Oh yeah
Oh yeah!
Tell me baby, whats my name
Tell me honey, can ya guess my name
Tell me baby, whats my name
I tell you one time, youre to blame
Ooo, who
Ooo, who
Ooo, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Oh, yeah
Whats me name
Tell me, baby, whats my name
Tell me, sweetie, whats my name
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Oh, yeah

Buy for now MR C.

C

Carter

firstly im sorry folks that this thread has gone off topic,maybee cirruss could move it to chit chat;)
This could get involved and that might be an appropriate final resting place but the following discourse is most definitely going to be relevant to the thread.

Good evening Mr Carter how are you? hope youve managed to chill out a little bit ,its been a nice day,
I wish! mate I've seen about 30 mins of daylght all day as I've spent the last 10 hours dicking about in a double lagged loft with the sweat
dripping off m' chin, stinging my eyes tryin to sort the abortion left by the 30yrs of accumulated DY. The whole roof void was rammed full of stored crap. Half of my 'kin day was spent shifting all this bolx about tying to access stomped and generally [email protected] cabling. God I hate domestics.
you're gonna have to bear with me chap I need a shower and a feet up as I'm totally 'tatered!

R

rumrunner

This could get involved and that might be an appropriate final resting place but the following discourse is most definitely going to be relevant to the thread.

I wish! mate I've seen about 30 mins of daylght all day as I've spent the last 10 hours dicking about in a double lagged loft with the sweat
dripping off m' chin, stinging my eyes tryin to sort the abortion left by the 30yrs of accumulated DY. The whole roof void was rammed full of stored crap. Half of my 'kin day was spent shifting all this bolx about tying to access stomped and generally [email protected] cabling. God I hate domestics.
you're gonna have to bear with me chap I need a shower and a feet up as I'm totally 'tatered!
No bother mate ,just relax ,chill a little ,lofts are horrible places i try not to go anyware near them myself
chat to you when your relaxed
rum

C

Carter

Well I said it might get a bit involved so strap yourselves in peeps.

The fundamental difference between left and right is one of personal responsibility

Those of a rightist mind believe the world is a better ordered and scaled place when the people (particularly in the embodiment of the ‘family unit’) take responsibility for their own actions. Informed self interest is what economics and human interaction is in fact all about, that’s what drives us and every other species and always has done. Before you say it, no it doesn’t obviate philanthropy and social responsibility, (btw your referenced Socialist (group) think tank the L.S.E. was initiated on the back of private philanthropy) it leaves it up to the individual. If they make the ‘wrong’ decision (personal, social or financial) then personal and national harm may be the result. That is their judgement for them to make for good or ill, they will thrive or suffer on the strength of their judgements and are content with that condition of things.

The left take the opposing view, that life is far too complicated for those that actually live it and that human affairs must be surrendered to the ‘experts’ and the great and good and administered centrally on the model of a ‘benign dictatorship’ masquerading under the name of ‘society’ or the ‘greater good’. They see the vagaries of market forces as akin to a law of the jungle, they see people’s differing talents and abilities to deal with the jungle as monstrous “inequalities”.

From this springs their erroneous conclusion that there can be no such thing as personal failure it is always a societal failure for which read “someone else’s fault”. From this flawed and fundamentally totalitarian dogma flows the systemic need to redress the ‘inequalities’ they see as the cause of all the “unfairness”. But seeing as it is difficult if not impossible to drag the least capable up to the level of the most capable, (though this hasn’t stopped them trying to defy Darwin through imposition of affirmative action, political correction, +ve discrimination and ridiculous concepts like “deferred success”) their only option to reduce the ‘gap’ is to disprivilege and reduce the highest to the level of the lowest. This is a darn sight easier to achieve (through taxation and crippling legislation) than the former so this is the tactic they deploy.

So in brief summary, the socialist vision means I have to submit to a regime of statist interfering [email protected] who have licence to demand money from me with menaces ( if I don’t pay them I go to gaol) for the express purpose of impoverishing and disprivileging me for the direct benefit of someone else. Following that logic to it’s conclusion; any incentive to better oneself by the application of one’s talent and genetic advantages is immediately clamped to earth by the realisation that any benefit I may gain thereby will be appropriated to the state and diverted to its social engineering programmes. The net result of this is a fatalistic dis-incentivised personal and national mental stasis. The proof of this? Every nation without exception that has implemented socialism/communism has become the poorer for it and the state has had to usurp ever more executive power to itself in order to prop up the egalitarian façade. Freedom is made subservient to security as they adopt the policy of total control Not one of these regimes have managed to elevate its people above the standard of living enjoyed by non comm./socialist societies. Socialism is a headlong race to the bottom with no winners. (just deferred success eh?)

As for the “Third Way” this has been variously described by pundits and theorists but basically boils down to the following. The Third Way, as I have always understood it, is simply a label for the renewal of social democracy. Centre-left parties across the world have revised their doctrines in the light of social and economic changes: the disappearance of socialist utopias, globalisation, the development of a service economy and ageing populations. In the face of these, the First Way - classical social democracy, based on Keynesianism and traditional statism - has become largely obsolete. The Second Way - Thatcherism or free-market fundamentalism - proved a disastrously mis-managed alternative. The aim of Third Way thinking - revisionist social democracy (a fancy name for cherry-picking) - is to create policies for the centre left that respond to these changes. It encompasses the idea that it’s not capitalism that creates wealth but competition (Thatcher’s carry-over without which Zanu Labour would have been unelectable anyway) allied to a strong welfare state.
Well let’s get this straight right now, the welfare/state creates NOTHING, certainly NOT wealth, it steals with menaces from those who actually generate the wealth/value. It then distributes it (very inefficiently) to those more ‘deserving’ of it and along the way provides what are deemed to be ‘essential’ services, again very inefficiently as I have outlined in a previous post. Go buy this The TaxPayers' Alliance - Burning our Money: The Bumper Book of Government Waste 2008 if you don’t believe me then come and argue that state control of service procurement and provision is cost effective.

So the third way relies on competition but a skewed version of it in which those of us who thrive on the competitive field (or at least accept it as preferable to dictatorship benign or otherwise) are hobbled by taxation and invasive legislation. Part P is just a very minor manifestation of the greater project of imposing ever more criminalizing, centrist legislation. This cannot be denied as you will be aware that this administration has created one imprisonable offence for every day it has been ‘in control’. Nice one!

As for its distributive credentials well they’re obviously bo!!ocks aren’t they, why is the poverty gap acknowledged as having widened and still widening???? They are proficient at distributing OUR MONEY into the pockets of the chosen elite, witness the £5.5mill Les Blairs stumped up for their modest pied-a-terre. You seriously think we should be happy with that and cry for more of the same????
They also distribute it on a biblical scale amongst an army of civil service/pub sector administrators, investigators, ‘elf ‘n safety elephants, wonks, consultants, outreach workers, think tanks, hangers on, over-promoted chancers, obstructive jobsworths, career busybodies and snoopers. None of whom actually contribute a thing to the nation but all are comfortably pensioned and very difficult to sack. At the height of the British Empire the Foreign & Commonwealth Office employed a grand total of 180 civil servants, what is it now/ 30,000? It is estimated that the administration of and compliance with the Inland Revenue system occupies the time of 400,000 essentially mono-skilled individuals.

continued.....

C

Carter

continued.....
The tax take (accounting for inflation!) under Blair/Brown has risen 50% in ten years to an averaged £20,700 per household.

Stamp Duty receipts up 314%, admittedly this was based on highly speculative house valuation but nevertheless that money now sits in the treasury’s coffers to do with as it sees fit.

There are a hundred similar examples I could quote but you get the idea. The rate of state theft and embezzlement has incessantly ramped up.
As for those public services, most would agree (unless they haven’t opened a paper for 10yrs) that ‘public service provision’ has got demonstrably worse in return for hugely increased input of yet more of OUR money. This government and all previous ones have progressively encouraged the withdrawal of swathes of previously state provided services, (local hospitals, post offices, savings and banking branches etc) assuming that the private sector would fill. Well they didn’t unless it’s the franchised cash machine that robs the poorest of £1:50 every time they use it. Is that anything other than a stealth tax? Whole estates are now rendered dependant on the state and that suits the socialists just dandy. They know that it assures a continuing voter base who in their blinding ignorance believe the hype that Labour is the natural home of the disprivileged and the poor. I’m not being condescending here, I’m not being snobbish, it’s a fact people are so politically ignorant of life around them that they take one look and think “that’s somebody else’s problem”.

Government does things incredibly f*cking badly therefore it should be given the absolute bare minimum to do beyond defence of the national security, law and property rights. It should definitely NOT be involved in social engineering and the persecution of its electorate!
But what’s happened? We’ve handed over control of our lives to the state out of sheer laziness, “the state will provide” or “that’s someone else’s problem” or “someone should DO SOMETHING about that!.”
So it’s back to the TV and the adventures of Jade Goody, the ‘panem et circenses’ or bread and circuses to keep the crowd sated and distracted. Their work is done and we slide ever down history’s soil pipe as nothing more than also rans, just another chapter in the Book of Lost Nations. Pardon me if I don’t join in.

From what I can see Jagger didn’t even graduate from LSE, Mick Jagger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia however; he attended for just a short time. I have read that he was asked to leave after riding a motorcycle through the library, but that sounds like horsesh!t to me. It’s a bit of a circular justification Rum, the LSE was a Fabian sink of left wing crap sometimes to the point of parody so why should Jagger’s fleeting attendance at this institution count as any credential for someone of my standpoint?
Bill Clinton and Tony Blair both tried to adopt the strategy,but the world political set up has changed since the sixties and it could be argued that it wont work now ,total revolution might but thats maybee a few years away yet,
There won’t be a revolution, it will be a rolling whinging collapse based upon demographic replacement. They have altered the law to make all opposition to this project illegal. The One World/New World Order fanatics have pretty much wrapped things up tight. The data gathering infrastructure (ironically paid for by its end victims) is only a few parliamentary terms away and once fully live it will be a tool of suppression that Pol Pot would have had wet dreams over. Tell me it will not be used for suppression and a facilitator of restrictive law and I’ll have to say you are naïve to the point of wilful stupidity. All government will appropriate ever more power to itself at every opportunity unless they are constantly kept in check. "The price of freedom is eternal vigilence" or maybe even vigilantism if required. To this end we have a body of constitutional law to which all governments of whatever stripe must give fealty. It’s there to prevent the dictator, theocrat or despot from ever arising again in this country. That’s why it has been systematically dismantled by EVERY post war government but particularly the people’s champion the ‘labour’ party that have ripped it to shreds in our faces. For this I believe they should be brought to account and administered a dose of rope therapy. I doubt that you would approve of a death penalty but why not eh? after all, that is precisely what has been lined up for my nation, a not so slow democide by diktat. F*ck them all right in the ear for their duplicity.
Come the revolution this time they wont know what were doing and we will win
The left will be lucky if they know their arse from their utterly discredited elbow “come the revolution”. When the sh!t hits the fan I’d keep your affiliations quiet as it may be your heads that the crowd are baying for.
a redistribution of wealth worldwide is required and the sooner it is achived the world will be a better place to live on,
For the last time I am not giving you MY F*CKING MONEY to **** up the wall on furnishing some egalitarian fantasy island. Stop asking me for my money I’m f*cking sick of it.

join the winning side Mr Carter that way all that stuff you write could be put to better use
A headlong race to the bottom? I think I’ll pass thanks all the same. I’d be interested to hear how this Utopia is to be brought about and on the strength of what previous evidence of success do you base your wildly misplaced confidence that the sheep will finally see the error of their ways. If you could name just ONE socialist/communist country I or any freedom loving person would find preferable.

C

Cirrus

Ok Ok - let's keep the thread on topic please or it may well end up locked:rolleyes:

W

wattsup

Ahh, but the government will create posts. The minister responsible for mistakes of the former minister responsible for bull****. When that fails, 'we will learn from our mistakes' we are the listening party'... I am the minister responsible for the former minister. From this day no one will be allowed to install batteries in a torch unless they have a physics degree (we will fastrack the skill shortage, price in the region of £500, for a 2-day course)

C

Carter

Ok Ok - let's keep the thread on topic please or it may well end up locked:rolleyes:
firstly im sorry folks that this thread has gone off topic,maybee cirruss could move it to chit chat;)
I thought similarly as below:

With all due respect C. the topics discussed are fundamental to any prospect of a recovery and what will happen in the event that the 'promised' recovery doesn't materialise. It's wide ranging because that's the nature of the subject and "what's troubling me, is the nature of their game" woo woo........woo wooo!

What's Dazza1976 think? is it relevant/helpful?

R

rumrunner

I thought similarly as below:

With all due respect C. the topics discussed are fundamental to any prospect of a recovery and what will happen in the event that the 'promised' recovery doesn't materialise. It's wide ranging because that's the nature of the subject and "what's troubling me, is the nature of their game" woo woo........woo wooo!

What's Dazza1976 think? is it relevant/helpful?
Yeah your quite right "the nature of there game " troubles me also ,i also think your right in saying there wont be a revolution ,at least not in the way there once may have been ,There might well be a some social unrest but its unlikely to bring about the change required and probably wont be for the best,There will be a big change in the way people think ,and that will be for the better:)
The third way is a good idea but has its failings so anarchy is the only alternative ,why should i stay quiet about being an anarchist or rather eco activist ?,ive only just started
my politics are not linked to any political party and every desision we make as a collective,with no hierachy, is decided by a consensual voting system ,true democracy at work ,also revolutions dont have to be violent ,as we proved earlier this year ,the only violence was caused by the police who failed miserably to understand the situation and acted in a totally stupid and embarassing way,one nill to us ,well actually its more than one nill and the total is set to rise ,were winning in the courts as well and by the time of Copenhagen we will have a network so in place so widespread ,no goverment will dare to try and stop us ,lets just call it "the other way" unless someones allready done that,common sense will prevail in the end and hopefully we can change the world and make it a better place to live on.
the Goverment will raise your taxes and all that ,but dont worry about it ,its all relative ,the price of survival is not going to be dictated by money ,what about our kids and the old folks ,i hear you cry ,well if they join us then they need not worry,its all worked out;)

C

Carter

Well for now I'm gonna kick back, open another can of 'Bilderberg' and strum an electric 12 string for an hour. :) then have another think about collectivism and what it means but in the meantime out of curiosity...
every desision we make as a collective...were winning in the courts as well and by the time of Copenhagen we will have a network so in place....
How is "we"? and...
as we proved earlier this year ,the only violence was caused by the police who failed miserably to understand the situation and acted in a totally stupid and embarassing way,one nill to us
Sorry Rum, not getting the reference, which incident was this??:confused:

...what about our kids and the old folks ,i hear you cry ,well if they join us then they need not worry,its all worked out
Yeah I keep hearing this boundless optimism but where's the detail of our salvation at your hands?? How's it gonna happen?

R

rumrunner

Heres a link where some guy has wrote a neutral account of the week ,my version is a bit more daming of the police actions and there use of terorist laws against peacefull protestors but heres the neutral version
Climate Camp and Class | ukwatch.net

C

Carter

Oh no not global warming

Greenhouse Gases
Water Vapour 95.000% (Viking Saunas, Bathing 0.000000001%)
Carbon Dioxide (CO2) 3.618% (Viking Longboats 0.00001%)
Methane (CH4) 0.360% (Viking Farting 0.350%)
Nitrous Oxide (N2O) 0.950% (Viking Barbecues 0.002%)
CFC's 0.072% (Viking Hairspray 0.02%)

Here's a link to the above, let's call it "An Inconvenient Fact" in recognition of Al Gormless's risible serving of cod science, errors of fact and climatalogical bullsh!t.
Rum, have a look at this.... Global Warming: A closer look at the numbers then explain to me why this govt is wasting huge amounts (at the risk of repetition) of OUR money and threatening to impoverish us even further for NO DISCERNIBLE BENEFIT. Why are you involved in this??? Global warming is being used as a stick to beat us with and it's total b0!!0cks. I've been banging on about it for ten yrs since I first started looking at the graphs, inconsistencies and vested interests. Just last night on Beeb2 they ran Pt" of a three part series debunking the whole deceitful scam but yet Anthropogenic Global Warming "as fact" is entrenched in BBC editorial policy. How these mendacious arseflies have the sheer brass neck to keep trying to promote this con trick is a source of deep concern and anger. Here we are facing systemic collapse and they want to strip the last remaining coppers from our wallets.

If you think that there will be some post-revolutionary Utopia waiting to be colonized by the surviving 'green' crusaders then you are in for a dissapointment. If it happens it will be a violent and ugly dystopia, it will be no glorious victory.
Now being a climate anarchist maybe you welcome this and the prospect of digging the graves of the millions who will die (and it will be in the millions) I think that that is contemptibly inhuman thing to visit on a nation and people and am trying to avoid that scenario by seeking a "managed transition". Not as 'glamourous' as a good old fashioned civil war that the anarchists think they crave but a whole lot less painful and messy.

P

piggyitm

Wow.The Computer company that i subcontract to rents about 700 dedicated desks and a whole data centers worth of rack space to Lehman brothers at their disaster & recovery uints.The ammount of work they created for my self,when Lehman's rented the space,was huge.And sadly, I've spoken to one of our team tonight,there's **** all work on till further notice!Everyones ****ting it!And frankly so am I now.I need to go get a CSCS equivalent saftey passport,a JIB card and go do the 17th edition before Monday mornings trip to the job center.Luckily tho I started some home brew red wine last week and got a load of apples and blackberries and made a crumble.Time to batton down the hatches I think.!

W

wattsup

I watched the beeb thing, funny how they explained the 'hockey stick'. They went into full melt-down explaining the viking thing in Greenland, they did not argue, they even told the story of grape growing in England (though they did not say grown as far north as Newcastle, which the Romans did) Around the same time as Vikings were farming in Greenland.

The trouble was, the geeks made a mistake with climate records, the beeb just fast tracked off the subject altogether, a satallite measure was not accurate. So they just smoothed the stick out, then swiftly moved on.

So I guess the vikings were after all farming on icebergs, the Romans were drinking vimto not wine in England. But of course the did not mention fossil records, because they could not blame flaws in the measuring system. Oh well you can count on the beeb to be scientifically correct.

Them guys all them years ago must be shivering in their graves -;)

W

wattsup

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Most likely causes

You are not connected to the Internet. The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.
OR THE INTERNET IS TOOO HOT -;)

P

piggyitm

Google video Great global warming swindle instaed of using my shabby link!

C

Carter

Gents, we are being bent over and loosened up. I for one am f*cking angry as hell about this. £100billion for a completely pointless wind farm expansion all on the back of ecomentalism??? We're staring down a barrel, Brown's given away the gold reserves to prop up the euro the country faces stagflation and they give £600k to this??? Gentle Approaches to Sexual Orientation in Primary Schools : Invisible boundaries around lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender relationships — No Outsiders Yeah I'm bloody angry.

C

CUDABOY

im with you brother! im always been told im cynical but i feel i just see thigs as they are,<as ive seen this coming>and nothing surprises me anymore,so they only just using the R WORD EH? no **** sherlock, where have they all been for the last 6 + months? blowing each other in some fancy hotels eh? im really thinking of ditching this country,been offered work as wifes uncle a manager of electrical wholsaler in oz, yeh i know, people have said theyve been there and the brits get all the crap work......SO! id pick friggin sand off the beach with a cotton bud to get away from here,the weather,the daylight,cost of living AND A GOVERNMENT THAT TAKES NO CRAP ! you want to hear the feelings of the australian prime minister,makes brown <not hard>look like a right [email protected]@@/ aaah, friday rant over..............:)

P

pushrod

Hey Myles i've just read the whole thread as well :eek:

What have i learnt? - Well Carter you must be able to type very quickly or have too much time on your hands.;)

One thing from the start of the thread i remember (hours ago) was the discussion about oil (energy)reserves. One point to remember is that these vary with the price of energy. A coal mine or oil field will close down when it is no longer economically viable to extract it, it does not mean that there is no coal or oil left. If however the price goes up then it can reach a point where it becomes worthwhile to start extraction again, It may well be that coal mines in the uk will open up again in the future and why Canada is now extracting oil from its oil sands - it was always there just not worth extracting. Same with the oil reserves in the north sea. a sustained price drop similar to what we are are presently seeing would mean an end to production quite quikly but if it goes to $200 a barrel then production would be viable way into the future.

Reply to Self employed earnings/Credit crunch slowdown ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom