Discuss Self employed. Which business bank? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Andy C

-
Reaction score
Guys and Ladies,

Any advice on what’s the best business account to start off with.

I am currently using my own personal account but want to move away from that as I may decide to go Ltd.

So can I ask for experiences good and bad with banks especially internet banking.

Thanks in advance as always.

Hi @Andy C

I've had very bad experiences with natwest and RBS so would definitely avoid them, they have no in branch business advisors so if you want to go and have a chat you cant!

On the other hand I have been with HSBC before and just the last 12 months started again with them. Most excellent service so far I have a business credit card, debit card and savings account, no charge for the first 2 years with them. In house business adviser so if you do need a chat you can.

Hope that is of some help!
Sy

Hi @Andy C

I've had very bad experiences with natwest and RBS so would definitely avoid them, they have no in branch business advisors so if you want to go and have a chat you cant!

On the other hand I have been with HSBC before and just the last 12 months started again with them. Most excellent service so far I have a business credit card, debit card and savings account, no charge for the first 2 years with them. In house business adviser so if you do need a chat you can.

Hope that is of some help!
Sy
Thanks Sy, HSBC was one of a couple of banks I am considering but m glad to know which ones to avoid.

I went Santander. Decent business banking lady in branch always happy to help and has a direct line.
free for first however long they are offering at moment afterwards £7 a month i think it is.

I'm with Santander and have no complaints.

Used to be with HSBC but their charges were extortionate so I closed my business account. Which prompted them to "misplace" my account balance for two weeks. Closed all my dealings with them after that. I had banked with them since I was 7 years old and they couldn't have given less of a ---- about my loyalty.

I'm with Santander, one of the very few banks to have a branch in my local town now. Also have my personal account with them which makes life simpler.

If you want to pay then HSBC, if you have £5K spare to deposit then Metrobank as with a constant £5k deposit business banking is free, HSBC charge me £5.50 a month (free for first 18 months) and they are fine.

I heard Santander won’t take cash or even check over the counter and has to be done through machine? I’m with Lloyd’s and have a dedicated person to deal with.
Sadly this is correct. A royal PITA at times as the machine is slow when doing multiple deposits, and sometimes it can't read the cheque. Also it often doesn't take all the notes on a cash deposit.

I had a HSBC account. It was a business account although it was for a classic van owners club. I ended up closing it as it was too expensive. They also charged me an annual fee for the credit card even though the account was closed and I struggled to get the money back.

I quite like the fact that you can use a Post Office with HSBC although I do have one three minutes walk from my house, cash just gets paid over the counter straight onto your debit card which then finds it's way into your account.

Reply to Self employed. Which business bank? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock