Discuss Separating switch lives at fan isolator?! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

RedMarkCity

Hi guys, new to the forum, electrician two years out of my time and still learning!

Im on a site 2nd fixing at the moment, unfortunately it's builders who have 1st fixed, the problem is;

3 bathrooms, 3 PIR, 3 lights, 1 fan, same circuit, I told them that where they've taken a s/w live from
each bathroom, that at the fan isolator that the joined s/w lives will mean that any PIR activated will light up all bathrooms! Lo and behold it has.

I am trying to think of a solution, would a contactor on each s/w love solve my problems?
I've not had much experience with contractors or relay's and I was wondering if anyone could help me out?

Cheers

Use 2 channel pir's

Hi guys, new to the forum, electrician two years out of my time and still learning!

Im on a site 2nd fixing at the moment, unfortunately it's builders who have 1st fixed, the problem is;

3 bathrooms, 3 PIR, 3 lights, 1 fan, same circuit, I told them that where they've taken a s/w live from
each bathroom, that at the fan isolator that the joined s/w lives will mean that any PIR activated will light up all bathrooms! Lo and behold it has.

I am trying to think of a solution, would a contactor on each s/w love solve my problems?
I've not had much experience with contractors or relay's and I was wondering if anyone could help me out?

Cheers

Tell the builders to sort their wiring out? Who exactly will be signing off this job - I know I wouldn't be issuing a cert for a job I hadn't wired.

Reply to Separating switch lives at fan isolator?! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Thinking a 240V AC relay activated by two independent light switches could be used to switch power to a shared inline extractor fan. The fan...
Replies
Views
hello all, pardon my ignorance in not employing an electrician, however, im a diy'er whos changing the light switches in my house and came across...
Replies
Views
Hello I have an old timed extractor fan in the bathroom which has stopped working. It has 3 wires which are black, brown and grey. I believe that...
Replies
Views
Hi to all, If extractor fan in bathroom is autonomous does it still require isolator switch or usual fused switch will do? It runs of 12v...
Replies
Views
Part 1. I Have 2 red wires and one brown going into my ceiling pull chord UK light switch in bathroom. BROWN AND RED into L1 and RED into COM...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock