Discuss service fuse rating in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Quick question for some advice if possible?
Obviously the main service fuse type and rating needs to be written up on an EIC, but what to do when there's absolutely no info on the service head?! Almost no doubt it'll be a 1361, but obviously can't just guess the rating, so cut-and-pull, or what? (don't really want to wait an eternity for some DNO drone to be bothered to answer the phone!). Thanks in advance for any advice people!

Cut it and pull it out. Dno see it all the time and it doesn't bother their employs. Just as long as nobody's nicking electricity.

thanks for the advice guys; I think for the sake of completion (of the EIC), cut and pull is the way to go. By the way, anybody got any comments on this pic? The previous Seeboard guy (from documentation back in '95) has marken this down as a TNC-S supply, when surely this is a TN-S? Any chance I might have mis-interpreted it? (main earth goes straight back to C/U)service fuse rating IMAG0120 - EletriciansForums.net

haven't got to testing yet, was just a bit flumoxed by the apparent 'wrongness' of the previous docs! Figured human error might've played a part in what was written down (documentation far less in depth in '95; one page of A5 'tests'! No PFC's, Zs's etc.), and it seems if the wiring colours were ok, that's all you needed to really worry about!)

Further to the above, installation tested, with the following results:

Ze:0.22 ohms
PEFC: 1.059 KA
PSCC: 1.152 KA

However! With the main earth disconnected at the CU, there still appears to be a (admittedly fairly poor) connection between the CU earth bar and the earth clamp point on the supply cable! Anyone got any ideas, 'cos this escapes me at the mo! (and by the way, the cutout fuse 'fell out' during testing, so at least I know it's rating now :wink5:)

parallel earthing via lead pipes and the like through that great big thing we call Earth lol

Reply to service fuse rating in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock