Discuss service head behind TV in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello chaps

Normally i would expect to find the service head under the stair or enclosed in a cupboard however on this occasion the service head is located in the living room behind the TV.
I recently carried out an EICR on the house and i highlighted that this needs to be enclosed in boxing.
really dangerous if say a cup simply fell over the service head..eeshh.
i normally stay away from domestic EICRs because i always find domestic home owners use kitchen fitters and i dont like repairing shoddy work with the service head being the one on a long list of items.
how common is this occurrence?

service head behind TV IMG_0540.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

It looks like the removal of a cover has been recent, It is probably safer there than in the typical under stairs cupboard , or cluttered garage.

You'll see that sort of thing in many older Domestic properties, can't say I've ever heard of it causing a problem.

I did notice that , and it does not look ideal they way it is lashed in.
If it is suspect call the DNO . They will come and check that and will probably fit a constant pressure clamp and 'Henly'.

Your right it's not ideal, but there are many around here like it & our DNO's don't change things even when specifically asked. See what you mean about the cable, bit on the short side too. Looking at the clamp though, it looks like its been in place for a while.

Hello chaps

Normally i would expect to find the service head under the stair or enclosed in a cupboard however on this occasion the service head is located in the living room behind the TV.
I recently carried out an EICR on the house and i highlighted that this needs to be enclosed in boxing.
really dangerous if say a cup simply fell over the service head..eeshh.
i normally stay away from domestic EICRs because i always find domestic home owners use kitchen fitters and i dont like repairing shoddy work with the service head being the one on a long list of items.
how common is this occurrence?

View attachment 36276
No code looks like there was a cupboard there at one stage, not to difficult to box it in is it?

in a non-combustible steel box, no doubt. :)
Of course with fire suppressant as well, also intumescent sealant on all internal edges, sound good to you Tel?

Reply to service head behind TV in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock