Discuss Setting limitations on eic in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi looking for friendly advice went to a property today, has a 32a breaker that feed downstairs sockets and upstairs socket. Now the cables are consist of ali multi braided I've advised that the they have a new downstairs ring and upstairs ring wired and old to be non existent now they require more breakers in the boad to future proof the house if any other circuit need adding. Now with changing the mains and adding two additional circuits I need to complete a electrical installation certificate my question is am I okay in setting limitations with the client and recording them on the cirt with regards to all other circuits I'll just been reconnecting them when doing the mains change.

Last edited by a moderator:
When i do a board change,all the circuits have to tested properly or else how do you know if the new board wont trip? You cannot LIM all the other circuits.You need to test the whole installation before and after a board change and fill out all the relevant parts.Adding 2 new circuits and changing the consumer unit requires Part P notification.Are you able to do this?

Reply to Setting limitations on eic in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good day. First time poster. We recently had an electrician perform the EICR, as this is a newly purchased property I thought'd I would have the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, There's 2 single fan ovens in the house my mother recently moved into. Posh elecronic AEG units. It's been sat empty for a year, so the...
Replies
Views
Woke up this morning and tried to turn on the computer (work from home) wouldn't power on, checked lights they worked fine. Went downstairs to...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock